Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

LOL... I weigh myself everyday! It was weird, I lost .5 every day this week! I am down a total of 9 now. (just over two weeks) This morning was the first morning it didn't go down. I don't want to get used to that happening because I know it's going to slow down. Weird too cuz it's 'that week' for me and I usually gain or stay the same. We'll see what happens this week. I'm off the pill now and now I'm a little late. ??? I think I remember this happening in the fall when I started the alli.

Have a nice Easter everyone!!! :)

Hello All! I'm back from skiing and no TE's (YEAH!!!) Although I ate Chocolate Lava cake on Thurs evening (I know, I know!) and was up all night/Fri am--just not feeling well, never got sick or "other" but kinda out of sorts. I think my body was rejecting it! By Fri noon I was fine. Tried to be good but I know I ate more fat & cals than I had been/should. Plan to start eating "good" again tomorrow and starting the pills on Mon. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends and Happy Easter to all those who celebrate!

Yeah, I love skiing in the spring! -except for the slush piles you get at the end of the day! ;)

I'm down 9.5 as of this am and it's only been two and a half weeks! (I know it should slow down soon) I'm really trying hard to stick with the program to a 'T' and drink more water and excercise. I really want to fit into my smaller clothes this summer. Last summer I was miserable and had to buy bigger things. UGH....

Happy Easter! :)

Hi - I have been reading this board for a week or so and finally bought Alli today. I have been exercising and eating better, but no significant results. I REALLY hope this works for me. I am getting married on June 21 and we are cruising on June 22 for our honeymoon. I am desperate to lose some weight before then. I'd be happy with 15 lbs - but really I'm shooting for 20. I want so badly to feel good about the way I look but I'm just frustrated. I hope Alli gives me the kick start that I need!

Sounds like it has been helping most of you! Thanks for the encouragement!

Welcome cindya621! I recently joined this board too and the ladies here are really great and encouraging. I started Alli about 2 weeks ago but took off most of last week since I was going away. Be really careful what you eat or you can get some really nasty side effects (Te's). I haven't had too many but some folks do. Good Luck and congrats on your wedding and upcoming cruise! Maggie

Welcome Cindya - this is a good group. No one was more discouraged than I, and I am feeling really, really good about this diet and my overall well being. It is all about watching what you eat though, and being "scared" to do otherwise. (I learned my lesson). My weight loss is slow, but it's better than gaining. I'm finally seeing some toning and sculpting from all my exercise!

I saw the promotional fake clump of one pound "fat" at the pharmacy and realized I have now lost 17 of those clumps. I'm also only averaging 2 Alli pills a day, so I've stretched my one month supply. Do you others take 3 a day or only with meals containing fat?

Hi everyone. Ok, bought my first bottle of Alli this a.m. I'am like a professional dieter. I have, in the past, been up to 60 lbs. overwieght. Right now I'am 20-25 over. Every darn winter.:o

I've got it, but probably won't start till next Friday, as I work "close"' with the public. Hair stylist. No way am I taking that chance with the first few days. Fingers crossed, I have till Oct. to get back into my annual cruise cloths!

Wish I was'nt such a couch potato, but I'am. Summers are much more active for me.

Hi Willi T !!! I am also a hairdresser and was sooo nervous about starting them. I also have IBS so, my digestive track is VERY sensitive. I have never had any TE's. (treatment effects) Although, I am extremely careful not to go over in fats. I did the alli program in the fall before my cruise and lost a quick 15 pounds but, went off it a few days before the cruise and didn't start up with it until a couple of weeks ago. So far, it's working great again! Just watch your fats carefully. If you are not sure of how many grams of fat are in something, don't eat it!!!

Bablefish, I only take a pill if there are more than 5 or 6 grams of fat in the meal. I usually end up two pills a day, I take one at lunch and dinner. (immediately following the meal).

Good luck everyone! You can do it!!!

I have to figure out a balance point for myself yet... My weight is going down ever so slowly, but I still get ocassional TE's if I've gone a little over the max for a meal. But on the other hand my skin has been very dry like some have mentioned, so I don't think I'm getting enough of something. Back of my hand is like sandpaper right now.

Was dry skin mentioned as a side effect of taking this?

Are you fair skin toned? Do you tend to have dry skin naturally? I only ask because I have an olive complection and have oily skin and have not noticed a difference. Dolphin Fan mentioned the dryness. She may have more information. I do know to make sure you stay hydrated with plenty of water. Before starting ALLI, I took daily essential oil supplements and cod liver oil, but I am afraid to now.

I have insomnia and too much energy from losing weight though - lol. :confused:

I have a house that needs cleaning and a lot of laundry that you could come do while you can't sleep and have energy!! :D I never seem to get it all done in a day (ok maybe getting off this board would help! ;) )

Have a good Monday all. Back on pills today (even tho I had Easter cake yesterday). Hopefully no TE's.

Thanks for the encouragement. Another good day. I hope I can keep up the 3 pound weight loss per week as you did. Six weeks until I cruise and I do hope for at least another ten pounds (hopefully more) lost by then. It's been a long three months to get to this point. One month on Alli with 8 pounds lost. Two months on Atkins with 7 pounds lost. 15 pounds in three months is slow, but I'm losing.

You should be able to lose 10 pounds in six weeks..keep it up..your doing great!

LOL... I weigh myself everyday! It was weird, I lost .5 every day this week! I am down a total of 9 now. (just over two weeks) This morning was the first morning it didn't go down. I don't want to get used to that happening because I know it's going to slow down. Weird too cuz it's 'that week' for me and I usually gain or stay the same. We'll see what happens this week. I'm off the pill now and now I'm a little late. ??? I think I remember this happening in the fall when I started the alli.

Have a nice Easter everyone!!! :)

I weigh myself every day too..didn't do to good this week. Didn't lose but didn't gain either. Had a rough weekend..went out to a Frech Restaurant Saturday and ate alot of cheese, hummas and lots of wine..then we won't even talk about Easter..lol..back on track though today :-)

Hello All! I'm back from skiing and no TE's (YEAH!!!) Although I ate Chocolate Lava cake on Thurs evening (I know, I know!) and was up all night/Fri am--just not feeling well, never got sick or "other" but kinda out of sorts. I think my body was rejecting it! By Fri noon I was fine. Tried to be good but I know I ate more fat & cals than I had been/should. Plan to start eating "good" again tomorrow and starting the pills on Mon. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends and Happy Easter to all those who celebrate!

How was the skiing? You probably burned all your calories on the slopes!!!

Are you fair skin toned? Do you tend to have dry skin naturally? I only ask because I have an olive complection and have oily skin and have not noticed a difference. Dolphin Fan mentioned the dryness. She may have more information. I do know to make sure you stay hydrated with plenty of water. Before starting ALLI, I took daily essential oil supplements and cod liver oil, but I am afraid to now.

I've found if you don't eat "enough" fats, your skin will get dry. The best thing I can recommend is keeping a log on Sparkspeople and make sure you get enough calories, drink as much water, tea, etc that you can each day and you should see a difference.

Don't forget that NOT eating enough calories will put your body in "starvation" mode and it will hold onto the fat and you will be losing muscle instead...not good! Don't be afraid to eat at least 1200 calories a day, even if it means lots of snacks (healthy of course) duing the day. I try to eat a little something every 2 hours, that way I am never hungry.

How was the skiing? You probably burned all your calories on the slopes!!!

Skiing was good (any skiing is always good in my mind!) We did not ski all day but it felt good to be moving better (I've lost about 15 lbs since the last time we skiied). I know I burned a lot of calories but I also know I ate a lot more than I would at home. I am purposely not weighing myself til Weds to not get discouraged (or overly confident). Thanks for all the encouraging words and hope everyone has a good week. Maggie

Liz, they are repeating your marshmallow game on Ellen today! (I watch it here in CT at 9:00 am and can see it again at 4:00 pm) Soooooo funny! Just saw you try for it. Your partner looked hysterical!!!! :D

They are replaying that crap?! LOL. My poor partner. THe thing ripped a big chunk of her hair out.

So, did anyone else eat their way through Easter weekend. Let's just say, for me, the Robin's Eggs malt balls are now the devil.

Skiing was good (any skiing is always good in my mind!) We did not ski all day but it felt good to be moving better (I've lost about 15 lbs since the last time we skiied). I know I burned a lot of calories but I also know I ate a lot more than I would at home. I am purposely not weighing myself til Weds to not get discouraged (or overly confident). Thanks for all the encouraging words and hope everyone has a good week. Maggie

I wanted to try skiing when I was younger..don't think the hips could hold out now..lol

They are replaying that crap?! LOL. My poor partner. THe thing ripped a big chunk of her hair out.

So, did anyone else eat their way through Easter weekend. Let's just say, for me, the Robin's Eggs malt balls are now the devil.

Candy is not my downfall..homemade macaroni and potato salad are mine!

My kids got Reester Bunnies in their baskets. (A big bunny-shaped giant Reese's PB cup!!) I have been able to resist by smelling them only but no promises once the kids go to sleep!! My downfall yesterday was breakfast--sausage, eggs, biscuits--and the roast and cake for dinner. No Te's yet but I am still freaked out and staying close to home as much as possible!!!

Archived