Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babyher

Anyone trying this Alli system ????

I wish it was Friday! This week seems to be dragging by. At least I lost 3 pounds last week. (I weigh on Monday's.) If I'm lucky I will lose 2 pounds every week until my cruise. That will put me within 5 pounds of goal weight. Here's hoping.

I wish it was Friday! This week seems to be dragging by. At least I lost 3 pounds last week. (I weigh on Monday's.) If I'm lucky I will lose 2 pounds every week until my cruise. That will put me within 5 pounds of goal weight. Here's hoping.

You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!! Are you doing WW & Alli?

You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!! Are you doing WW & Alli?

Thanks! Actually I haven't started the Alli yet. I figured I would start it this weekend. I want to make sure I don't have a bad reaction before I take it while I'm at work. I am doing WW. (I don't go to the meetings, but I do count points.)

Hi everybody. Bad week for me-gained 2 lbs. I think the lack of exercise is catching up to me. Also have not been great about keeping w/in points & fat since i have been off the pills. Talked with my PT on Weds and she said I can start going to the gym again and using the treadmill and bike but only for about 10 mins to start. She doesn't want me to overstrain. Started pills again today. Hoping to get back on the track.

Glad to hear you all are doing so well. You guys inspire me to keep at it and don't give up. Have a great evening all! Maggie

down another 3!! :D

Total weight loss just while on Alli = 20 lbs..

Grand total weight loss to date = 60 lbs..

go me... :D

Hi everybody. Bad week for me-gained 2 lbs. I think the lack of exercise is catching up to me. Also have not been great about keeping w/in points & fat since i have been off the pills. Talked with my PT on Weds and she said I can start going to the gym again and using the treadmill and bike but only for about 10 mins to start. She doesn't want me to overstrain. Started pills again today. Hoping to get back on the track.

Glad to hear you all are doing so well. You guys inspire me to keep at it and don't give up. Have a great evening all! Maggie

Don't get discouraged..it will fly off before you know it :-)

down another 3!! :D

Total weight loss just while on Alli = 20 lbs..

Grand total weight loss to date = 60 lbs..

go me... :D

60 Pounds!!!!! That is fantastic!!! How much more do you plan on losing?? You've lost 1/2 a person! lol

60 Pounds!!!!! That is fantastic!!! How much more do you plan on losing?? You've lost 1/2 a person! lol

Or almost a WHOLE Nichole Ritchie!!! :rolleyes: Congrats Needalatte!!! That is awesome-keep it up!!

Thanks also for the encouragement Cheryl. It is seeming to be really hard w/o the exercise. Still plugging along.

Have a great weekend everyone. Drink lots of water :D

Maggie

Thanks DolphinFan.. Its taken me about a year and a half. I'm 5'9" and weigh 195 right now. A tough turn of events in my life and depression actually started it all, but then I became encourgaged to keep going. I'm much better now physically and emotionally too :)

I still fall off the wagon once in a while (like yesterday, I kept snacking on Cuban Croquettes all day) :( But I no longer beat myself up over it and pick up the pieces the next day.

My "Cruise Goal" is to be 190.. I think I can do that since my cruise is in about 6 weeks. And I've decided that if I gain a few while on the cruise I'm not going to beat myself up over it either..

Overall, I would like to get to the 160-170 mark...

Thanks DolphinFan.. Its taken me about a year and a half. I'm 5'9" and weigh 195 right now. A tough turn of events in my life and depression actually started it all, but then I became encourgaged to keep going. I'm much better now physically and emotionally too :)

I still fall off the wagon once in a while (like yesterday, I kept snacking on Cuban Croquettes all day) :( But I no longer beat myself up over it and pick up the pieces the next day.

My "Cruise Goal" is to be 190.. I think I can do that since my cruise is in about 6 weeks. And I've decided that if I gain a few while on the cruise I'm not going to beat myself up over it either..

Overall, I would like to get to the 160-170 mark...

I think you are absolutely right! We all can't be perfect and if we "fall of the wagon" we are only human..what sets us apart is that we have the courage to get right back on track!

My goal is to wear a size 9-10..not sure what my weight will be (I'm guessing around 150)..I need to lose 47 pounds to reach that goal. I'm trying to set small goals (2 pounds a week) and it seems to be working so far. I even started working out on a regular basis. 30 minutes at lunch and riding my bike at night. They just bought a "Bo-Flex" for our workout room and I can't wait to try it out. The part of my body I hate the most is my arms..I see all of the beautiful sleeveless tops and I won't wear them because I think my arms are "too fat"..I bought some 2 pound weights and have been trying to work my arms every other day..but I'm hoping the Bo-Flex will work better. Anyone ever tried this???

Well I've started Alli and have been doing it since Friday but haven't had any of the dreaded TEs... should I be concerned that it isn't working? I've been careful about checking fat grams and it seems I'm hungry all the time which is unusual for me because I rarely was hungry before. Anyone else experience this? I'm a salty/crispy craver and I'm wondering if anyone has any great snacks for the salt/crisp lovers like me? Thanks!!!!

Well I've started Alli and have been doing it since Friday but haven't had any of the dreaded TEs... should I be concerned that it isn't working? I've been careful about checking fat grams and it seems I'm hungry all the time which is unusual for me because I rarely was hungry before. Anyone else experience this? I'm a salty/crispy craver and I'm wondering if anyone has any great snacks for the salt/crisp lovers like me? Thanks!!!!

Welcome!!! Are you eating something in between your meals, such as fruit to help keep you full and are drinking more water? That should help. I'm a "salty" person myself and I keep pretzels on hand or even 100 calorie snack packs to help fill in the "need".

Let us know if you have any questions and we will be glad to help!!!

I'm not much of a fruit fan... but I adore tomatoes... so they have been my between meal snack. I don't think I'm drinking quite enough water though... well in actuality I don't really drink much water at all... so I KNOW I'm not drinking enough. But I'm trying. And I've been good with the fat grams and only eating very small portions... now if I could just discover I'd actually lost some weight I'd be a very happy girl. :)

I'm not much of a fruit fan... but I adore tomatoes... so they have been my between meal snack. I don't think I'm drinking quite enough water though... well in actuality I don't really drink much water at all... so I KNOW I'm not drinking enough. But I'm trying. And I've been good with the fat grams and only eating very small portions... now if I could just discover I'd actually lost some weight I'd be a very happy girl. :)

Not much of a water drinker myself so I drink decaffinated iced Tea instead. I also read that it takes more calories to burn a iced cold drink then room temperature so I use lots of ice! Try drinking out of a large straw..its amazing how fast it will go down!!

You might want to go to Sparkspeople dot com (if your not already doing so) and register with them. Its a TOTALLY FREE site and it has a wealth of information. It also lets you keep track of the total calories, fat, etc. your eating a day. I was amazed at how "little" I was eating calorie wise and usually end up eating a snack at night, just to get 1200 calories. If you are eating less than that, your body will think its starving and will hold onto the fat and you will lose muscle instead. Its hard to keep track of claories & fat, but it will be worth it in the end!

Hi Everyone,

I've been on alli since 4/1 and have lost 20 lbs. We leave for our cruise on 6/22 and I hope to be able to make it an even 25 lbs. but if I don't that's ok.

Does anyone plan on taking the pills during their cruise? I wasn't planning on it because of hidden fats in food that I don't cook and I REALLY don't want te's on vacation. If you're not, when would you be stopping since I know there can be a delayed reaction.

Thanks....happy cruising to all!

Shari

p.s I usually post on the alli site...anyone else?

Hi Everyone,

I've been on alli since 4/1 and have lost 20 lbs. We leave for our cruise on 6/22 and I hope to be able to make it an even 25 lbs. but if I don't that's ok.

Does anyone plan on taking the pills during their cruise? I wasn't planning on it because of hidden fats in food that I don't cook and I REALLY don't want te's on vacation. If you're not, when would you be stopping since I know there can be a delayed reaction.

Thanks....happy cruising to all!

Shari

p.s I usually post on the alli site...anyone else?

Hey Shari..are you really a Libra? If so, I am too..every bit of me! lol

Congrats on the weight loss..thats fantastic! You should be able to lose 5 more pounds before your cruise..water..water..water! lol

I try to stay away from the Alli site..there are some pretty scary stories out there. I've been taking Alli now for quite awhile and have been pretty lucky without any problems. I go to sparkspeople dot come to key in my info.

Yep...I'm a Libra October 14th and can never make up my mind about anything :0

Why do you find the alli site scary? I'm on the 40's group and also I really like the nutrition log and cardio log. Are you planning on taking the pills on your cruise?

Shari

Hi Libra61. I stopped taking the alli about 4 days before my cruise for the exact reason that you're thinking. It's surprising how much fat can be in some 'healthier' choices in restaurants! The only problem is, I had a hard time getting back into it when I got back and I gained all my weight back that I had lost before the cruise and now, I'm alli again! Better to be safe than sorry tho....

Yikes..did you really gain it all back!? I think I could handle gaining a few pounds back but anymore than that I will be totally discouraged. I looked at a few of the menus on the Caribbean Princess and I know it's going to be really hard to do. My husband and I are planning on exercising on the ship but we'll see....it is vacation after all!

Shari

Hi Libra! I didn't gain all 20 lbs back on the 10 day cruise! lol But, between the cruise and the 5 months after, I slowly did. So depressing. I wanted to start the alli again but, could never get a good few days of low fat eating in. I would do good for a day or two and then blow it so, I wouldn't take the pills. FINALLY 'behaved' for a few days and started the alli. I've been on it since March and I'm down about 27.5. :) I'd love to lose another 25 before my 'girls' trip to Aruba in October!!

Yes, my sister and I had good intentions to get up early every morning and do a brisk walk and watch the sunrise..blah blah blah.... We did it ONCE! lol

I have a feeling we will be the same way as far as exercising! Plus, our cabin is about as far away from the fitness center as it can get. 27.5 lbs..that's terrific! I'm sure at the rate you're going you'll reach your goal. I wish I had started sooner so I'd look really good on the cruise pictures, but also glad I didn't wait any longer to start. I'm waiting until the very last day to buy a new bathing suit.

Have a great weekend,

Shari

Trying to loose those last 5 pounds to reach my cruise goal.. but ashamed to admit that I've been REALLY REALLY bad.. ((now firmly placing paper bag over my head))

I've taken Alli sporadically at best and eaten whatever I wanted in between. My worst treatment effect has me feeling gassy and now an unexpected result... constipation!

Help, I need a boost. I really only have 3 weeks left until my cruise and I want to make the most out of it.. :(

Yep...I'm a Libra October 14th and can never make up my mind about anything :0

Why do you find the alli site scary? I'm on the 40's group and also I really like the nutrition log and cardio log. Are you planning on taking the pills on your cruise?

Shari

When I went on..alot of people were talking about the bad side affects. So I stopped going on the site so I didn't get scared away from the Alli..lol

I plan on takin the pills until a day or two before. Since I can really eat what I want without affects (still have to take Milk of magnesia at night to go) I figured I would be safe. I did it on my last 2 cruises and was ok.