Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Could anyone tell me how to get rid of my cruise 'clock' at the bottom of my posts? (I know this is probably not the right place to ask this question but, thought one of you might know)

Thanks! Pam

Click on User CP, Edit Signature and delete your ticker there.

Hope this helps!

Had a "OK" time..nothing too exciting. It was overcast the whole trip so didn't even come back a tan (at all). Have to say that I love Carnival more than SOS. Cococay was beautiful and I snorkeled and saw the sunken ship and a HUGE stingray under the water..that was pretty cool!

Ended up "gaining" 4 pounds..boohooo...even though I tried to be good with my food choices. I think alot of it is water weight as I know I didn't drink my 8 glasses of water a day! lol I'm hoping it will come off real quick and I'm back on track.

How was everyone else's weekend??

:) My weekend was good trying be good ...I started my pills on monday so we will see how it goes...why is it that when u start a diet is when you get invited to birthday parties, cookouts etc....all that tempting food...looll well dolphinfan happy to have you back...send some pics...

attachment.php?attachmentid=87601&stc=1&d=1218643729

Me & Jennifer

attachment.php?attachmentid=87603&stc=1&d=1218643838

Picture of the SOS in Cococay

attachment.php?attachmentid=87604&stc=1&d=1218643909

Rocky Beach at Cococay

attachment.php?attachmentid=87605&stc=1&d=1218643942

Picture outside Port Canaveral

attachment.php?attachmentid=87607&stc=1&d=1218643999

Room Stuard created a Sponge Bob out of the pillows and my shoes!

attachment.php?attachmentid=87608&stc=1&d=1218644039

Forma Night

OK..what gives?? No pictures showed up!

Good to hear you're back, DolfinFan. I'm sure the trip was great just being able to be with your DD. Have not seen mine since late February.

My husband told me that red "X" means the picture is located somewhere else. Like in a program on your computer. The only way I have found to get pictures up here is to put a copy on my desktop and then insert it into the post from the desktop. You can always delete it from your desktop later, or keep it there if you want to look at it at will.

Try it, I'd love to see some of your pics, and how skinny you are getting!

I am back on track, finally. Decided I was getting too many carbs, so have cut them down and sugar out. So far, so good.

Good luck losing those couple pounds, we all know you can do it!

Mildred, that's AWESOME! keep up the good work!!!

Glad you had fun Cheryl. For some reason I couldn't get to your pics. ?? Sorry the weather didn't cooperate a little better but, sounds like you made the best of it. Must have been cool to see the big sting ray! We swam with them once in Grand Cayman and it freaked me out!! :eek: lol

Just got back from vacation in N.Hampshire. We were on Squam Lake (where the movie On Golden Pond was filmed) Soooo beautiful! We had a blast tubing off the back of the boat!

Stuck with the alli while I was gone and it looks like I actually lost 1/2 a lb! such a switch for me... usually I gain a few on any vacation!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mildred and Pam..way to go on the weight loss!!!! Isn't it great to have "baggy" clothes! lol Its too bad we all don't live near each other and can share our hand me downs..lol When my son moved out and I moved back into the Master Bedroom, I gave away all my "larger" clothes so I would't be tempted to get back into them!

I ended up gaining 4 pounds on my cruise (not sure how as the food was awful), but in 1 week, I took off the 4 pounds and lost 2 more!! I am now fitting into 14's comfortably and some are getting baggy already. 23 pounds to go to reach my doctors goal weight.

I am going to try and send the pictures again of my DD & I..here goes!

attachment.php?attachmentid=87996&stc=1&d=1219063746

1379500530_CherylJennifer2008.jpg.3de566d94eaab50c11a68856d9c99ffb.jpg

Very nice pics Cheryl! Great job on your weight loss too! That's awesome!

I officially lost 1.5 while on vacation. So excited. I'm now out of my 14's and comfortably in my 12's. My goal is to be comfy in my 10's.

Looks like you are going on another cruise on the 23rd???? :eek: Lucky you!

I officially lost 1.5 while on vacation. So excited. I'm now out of my 14's and comfortably in my 12's. My goal is to be comfy in my 10's.

Congrats on losing weight whiile on vacation! whoohoo

Yeah..this one will be with the "girls" and can't wait to get away!!!

Hi,

Great Picture! I loved the "matching" outfits! So striking!

I recently heard about your thread from a friend of mine that I met on the board at the Royal Caribbean thread site. I have been reading through the comments and was so glad to hear that you ladies use Alli.

I have struggled with my weight forever..in my early 40's, at the Peri-Menopause stage. I met and loved Fenfen :rolleyes: Thank goodness I didn't die from it! I lost 20 some odd pounds back then and left them somewhere for several years.

Unfortunately, in my mid-40's, I found them again...I think they are like homing pigeons. :p I discovered Curves combined with a new diet doctor and Phentermine and discarded those pounds again. I maintained my weight through the beginning of real Menopause and wham bam, thank you Ma'mn, those 20 pounds showed up again, not on my door step...but on my hips.

I discovered Alli last year at age 51 and lost those 20 some odd pounds, but after getting married in Sept 07, I fell right off the wagon into marital menopausal bliss and re-gained 20+ pounds :cool: Not cool.

Now, I am looking at age 53 in November...things are looking bleak for losing those 20 pounds again. We are going on a Family Cruise (our first ever) on Jan 4 and I want to lose that 20 sticky hip hugging pounds before the cruise. I am weighing in right now. 173 lbs. Targeting: 152-154, although I really look hot at 147, if you ignore the cellulite sags and broken veins, and other flaws :) I am starting today and I hope that by chatting with you ladies that I can stick to Alli...through thick and thin in the coming months.

Welcome AKSnowbird! Stick with the alli plan and you should lose that 20 before your cruise!! woo hoo! You've come to the right place for support and answers to any questions you may have.

Cheryl, I noticed you didn't care for the food on RCI. We only sailed on Carnival one time and LOVED the food! I like the RCI ships but their food isn't anything to write home about. The last couple of cruises have been NCL with the freestyle dining which we probably wouldn't do again. Too much planning on where to have dinner. (had to book a day ahead) You'll have fun with all your girlfriends, I'm sure. I leave for Aruba with my friends in almost 8 weeks! Can't wait! I think my husband is starting to get nervous as he hears us all talking about how much fun it's gonna be! :D hee hee

Congrats on losing weight whiile on vacation! whoohoo

Yeah..this one will be with the "girls" and can't wait to get away!!!

Ok...geez...I am hanging in there...3rd day..tummy is rumbly...just had dinner..tried a South Beach diet dinner...terrible. Usually, the frozen diet meals I get are pretty good...just different tasting from hubbies Home-Cooked Southern Kentucky Grease Laden Fat Drippin' yummies : ) :p I am drooling! My intake for first day was 1,439, stayed way less than 15 grams fat each meal, then 1,425 last night and tonight will be around the same. It is odd that after I ate tonight..my tummy is really rumbling...guess I better go drink some water.

Anyone been to Fiji? I have a girlfriend who is planning a Fiji wedding and is trying to pick out the best time of year to go there....now, that is some more incentive for me to keep losing!!! Talk to you all later....

Hungry in Alaska

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone. I posted awhile ago, but I've been spending time reading this entire thread. Well I was on a plateau, but I just weighed in yesterday. 205.5 (21 lbs. down):) . Feeling a lot better that I am back on track after 3 weeks of no loss. I am so excited. My goal is 145 by 7/19/09.

Hi Suezyq! It would be real helpful to you if you purchased a 'starter kit' of alli. It gives you all the details of the plan. I would also recommend the alli dot com web site. There is a bunch of info on there for ya!

Basically, you're going to take one with each meal containing 5 grams of fat or more. (from an hour before up to an hour after the meal) There is also a chart in the starter pack that gives you an idea of you ideal weight and when you should stop taking the alli. You need to do a low fat diet for about 3 days before you start taking the pills or you might have 'problems' or TE's. (treatment effects) :eek:

It has worked great for me. Definitely keeps me from going off track and sticking to low fat is easier knowing that you are taking a pill that can cause embarassing problems! I've been taking alli since March and I'm down over 40 lbs. I seem to average about a lb a week or so.

Well, hope this helps a little. Check out the alli site and maybe purchase that starter pack. Anymore questions, feel free to write! Lots of people here are very knowledgeable about it and would be happy to help!!! Good luck and stay in touch!

~Pam

WOW..finally got caught up at work and able to come on and play for awhile..lol

We had a WONDERFUL time on our cruise..we went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, ziplined in Roatan, cave tubed in Belize and took a private catamaran on Nassau (we even had a group of Dolphins swimming with us).

Bad News: Gained 5 pounds between the cruise with DD and the 7 day cruise so back on track with the diet! I now have to lose 10 pounds before 10/16 (BIG 5-0) to reach my goal. I know I can do it if I can stay on track! Its so easy to fall back into old patterns :o

I will try and add a few pics here...yes..thats me upside down!

attachment.php?attachmentid=90438&stc=1&d=1220970430

attachment.php?attachmentid=90439&stc=1&d=1220970490 First night with BF Heather

attachment.php?attachmentid=90440&stc=1&d=1220970879 Zilplining

285699345_GloryCruise2008056.jpg.7e34cf3606a35ae1ce0f2a0019474714.jpg

422679670_CherylHeather.jpg.20b2f835517459e607039c1cb0f536da.jpg

124870126_GloryCruise2008057.jpg.0dcffa6ba1b5a4755b632340f44d1e64.jpg

I'm so glad that you had a great time! Your pictures of zip lining are CRAZZZZZY!!!!! :eek:

You look GREAT in the picture with your friend Heather!! You can lose the 10 !!! Get right back into it. Drink lots of water and get that exercise in and you'll do great! I've been on a big, flat, plateau and I think this week I'm gonna be getting the heck off it! Geeezzz! I started walking and I am more aware of calories so, maybe that's helping. My trip to Aruba with the girls is coming up in 6 weeks and I BIG goal was to be down 6 more lbs!!! I will be thrilled if I can do it. I've decided to stick with the alli while on vacation so that I can hit my major goal and really feel and look my best for the holidays!!! I think that I can stick with it if I eat a lot of chicken and fish on vacation. Maybe I'll just drink all week!!! ;)

Keep in touch! Pam

I'm so glad that you had a great time! Your pictures of zip lining are CRAZZZZZY!!!!! :eek:

You look GREAT in the picture with your friend Heather!! You can lose the 10 !!! Get right back into it. Drink lots of water and get that exercise in and you'll do great! I've been on a big, flat, plateau and I think this week I'm gonna be getting the heck off it! Geeezzz! I started walking and I am more aware of calories so, maybe that's helping. My trip to Aruba with the girls is coming up in 6 weeks and I BIG goal was to be down 6 more lbs!!! I will be thrilled if I can do it. I've decided to stick with the alli while on vacation so that I can hit my major goal and really feel and look my best for the holidays!!! I think that I can stick with it if I eat a lot of chicken and fish on vacation. Maybe I'll just drink all week!!! ;)

Keep in touch! Pam

Thanks for the compliments! I tried to stick with fish dishes each night and ALWAYS ordered dessert, but only ate a few bites (just to taste). I think my 5 pounds came from DRINKING..lol

I know you can do it too..we just have to be here for each other! My next goal (besides 10 pounds before my birthday) is to be at my goal weight of 155 by the New Year. That would only be 20 pounds so I think its do-able. Believe it or not, I ran out of Alli before the cruise and am trying to do it without them until I can afford the 120 pack..I'm hoping to get them my next pay period. I really do think they make a big difference!

Archived