Zuiderdam, fore/aft VA cabins?

janmcn

Which cabins in the VA class (or other suggestions) on the Zui are best for those of us prone to seasickness on a Med. Cruise? Looks like most of them are either in the foreward section or aft. Never sailed in anything other than mid-ship cabin on a lower deck. (Yes, I take my meds!)

Jan

Maasdam (x3)

Volendam (1)

Royal Princess (1)

VC veranda cabins are on deck 5, you could probably find one close to mid ship. There are VA cabins on the wake on deck 5. I don't think there's a lot of motion back ther but some think so. I don't have a problem with seasickness either. Deck 5 is right in the middle height-wise.

Look at the deck plans on HAL's website. Click on our fleet and then on Zuiderdam and deck plans.

GN

Thanks, G'nurse...I've been pouring over all the deck plans for awhile, that's why I wanted someone's input who had "been there, done that" for either the more forward or aftward VA cabins on the Verandah Deck, probably. I've x'd out other decks for noise, too high, etc. This seems to be my best alternative.

Jan

Hi, I've been on 3 cruises in VA cabins on Deck 7 on the Vistas - All were right accross from the entrance to the Neptune Lounge - midship. Zuiderdam, Westerdam, and Oosterdam. I NEVER felt much movement and never heard of anyone on our deck being seasick. Were you thinking deck 7 is "too high"? You might want to reconsider. There is a reason they put almost all of the VA cabins as well as the Penthouse suites on that deck, midship - it's just "the best"! (IMHO)!!

Moriah...according to my HAL deckplans, only SA's are midship across from Neptune Lounge on Deck 7 (Rotterdam Deck on the Zui)...all VA's are fore and aft of the "mid pinch".

Glad to hear that this deck is not "too high" for motion though.

Thanks. Jan

Jan,

We were in a corner SC deck 5 right on the wake. There is a vibration, sort of a rumble. Many were complaining about motion but the only motion we felt was coming into Sitka in gale force winds at 4:30 am. I have a feeling the stabilizers not in operation because we were so close to land as we felt a side to side rocking motion.

We have been in very rough seas in the north Atlantic, north sea, and English channel and have felt bow and stern slapping motion (in a midship cabin). There was nothing like that at all on Westerdam.

The only reason I'm telling you this is the the aft (on the stern) VA cabins on deck 5 are wonderful and all have large verandas.

Have fun choosing.

GN

Archived