Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geejay

Coral Princess - covered balconies

Which balconies on the Coral are covered, or half-covered? Are any of them larger, like Caribe deck on the Grand class?

I have been looking, but can't find much info on them. DH can't be in the sun too much (skin cancer) so we need a balcony at least partially covered.

I just did this cruise in April and don't remember any of them being totally covered. I have a photo from the transit of the Panama Canal and you can see that some are partially covered but most aren't covered... We were on deck 9 and ours weren't covered. In fact, no privacy.... The people above could look down on us... Bummer for me as I often like to sunbath almost topless. Not of that on that cruise.....lol......:cool: ;)

2007Cruise086.jpg

geejay,

Go to this website:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

IMHO, and the opinion of many other CC'ers, this is the premier website for all things Coral Princess balconies. It is a very well done and informative site created by a gentleman who is an expert about Princess.

Have fun on the Coral. I sailed her last June to Alaska and had a fabulous time!

cigal

If you look at the very bottom deck visable in Cruzgal's picture (dolphin deck, I think) you'll see the balcony is completely covered, but the website link (above) will verify. It really is a GREAT website, and includes both diagrams as well as pictures of various balconies with a special section dedicated to the bump-outs. BTW, I think the some of the bump-outs are fully covered as well, but again, the website should be able to confirm that for you. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!

Oops - looking at the diagrams, it's the emerald deck that has the most fully covered balconies, and yes, some of the bump-outs do as well. There are also fully covered balconies in certain locations on the other decks as well. The diagrams provided in the above website are nice because it color-codes the balconies on each floor so you can identify the specific cabins with the configuration you need. Cool!

Go to that site that Cigal recommended above. It is the best site for Coral/Island cabins and was made by a fellow cruiser on this board. He took alot of time doing this and it is now on my "Favorite"list.

Marilyn

all the Dolphin minis that are under the bumpouts ;-)) I have pics of our balcony, just click on the link below.

Cheers, Denise

Denise,

No, not all Dolphin mini's are covered.... We were in Dolphin 616 and it was not covered. It had a little edge when you first walk out but that was it. In fact, I went diving, met one of my fellow passengers and when I got back and was putting my dive gear out to dry out, he called me from above and introduced me to his wife. lol.... He could see everything. So no, not all dolphin suites are covered........Here's a photo of our balcony.... No shade........;)

CoralPrincessPanamaCanalcruise20-8.jpg

Wow...... That website that guy created is awesome.... Wish I'd known about that sooner..... Amazing........

Denise,

No, not all Dolphin mini's are covered.... We were in Dolphin 616 and it was not covered. It had a little edge when you first walk out but that was it. In fact, I went diving, met one of my fellow passengers and when I got back and was putting my dive gear out to dry out, he called me from above and introduced me to his wife. lol.... He could see everything. So no, not all dolphin suites are covered........Here's a photo of our balcony.... No shade........;)

Sorry if you misunderstood me, what I said was all the minis under the bumpouts were covered ;-))

Cheers, Denise

Speaking of Coral balconies-- does anyone know about how the dividers open on the Aloha deck (A425& 421, specifically)? Remove completely, unlocked door, or....?

Thanks for all the help on the covered balconies. Now does anyone know which balconies are larger? I know the Caribe and aft balconies are larger on the Grand class ships, but I can't find any info on the Coral.

Thanks!