Spring Break Time?

mared1

Here in Iowa, spring break is usually around the 2nd or 3rd week in March - just wondered if it is pretty much the same time for most of the States? We want to cruise the end of February but I really don't want a lot of kids on the cruise.

Thanks for any information you can give me!

spring break can be as early as the very end of Feb (unusual) to the week after Easter. It seems more states are returning to the old traditional Easter time (just before or after) for the break. Regardless Feburary certainly will not be a heavy vacation time. With home schooling, so many different breaks for kids and even some year around schooling there are now kids on all cruises. NMnita

I know the Spring Break "season" is pretty much all of March and most of April.

Also, here in New York, the week of Presidents' Day (3rd week of February) is winter break for kids, so you can expect lots of families on board during that week as well.

We cruise in Feb quite often and find very few children on the ships. We cruised the first week of Mar 2007 and also found it to be very adult. Pick a cruise that's longer than 7 days, if possible, and this will help to cut down on the amount of kids.

Spring break in Oregon is always the last full week in March. Washington state is usually either the same week or the week before/after ours.

California is usually pretty close to ours as well.

Having relocated too many times, I can tell you that spring breaks can happen anytime from mid March through mid April or later if Easter/Passover is later. Remember public and private colleges, high schools, junior high and elementary schools all get a break.

Many school districts also have a winter break, usually Presidents Week and many families cruise then, especially out of NYC and Caifornia ports.

The type of college can often dictate when they have spring break. For instance, at the University of Maine at Farmington, which is a teachers school, they have split breaks, one in February and one in April.

And, of course, as previously mentioned, every school gets a spring break, well except "reform". :D

Archived