courtesy van - can you take a scooter on board

gigem85

there is 14 in our group..we will be going on the ecstacy carnival cruise on Aug 11,,,and from reading the boards..sounds like the cheapest way to get to the beach would be to take the courtesy bus to town..and then walk the three blocks to the beach.. we have one in our group that uses a scooter to get around.. is it possible to get one of those scooters on the bus ? basically.. do they have a handicap..entrance.. or.. its not possible???? any information would be appreciated....... Vita...

• 2 weeks later...

Please let me know what you find out. My family is going on the dec 15 sailing of the Ecstasy. My father is in a power wheelchair (transfer not possible) and we were wondering if he can get down the pier or would he have to just do the shops at the end where the ship docks (if there are some - I've had a difficult time telling from what other people have posted). Carnival has been absolutely helpless.

Please let me know what you find out. My family is going on the dec 15 sailing of the Ecstasy. My father is in a power wheelchair (transfer not possible) and we were wondering if he can get down the pier or would he have to just do the shops at the end where the ship docks (if there are some - I've had a difficult time telling from what other people have posted). Carnival has been absolutely helpless.

There are shops and booths when you get off the ship, before getting to the courtesy bus. It's a pleasant area to look around and shop. I did not notice if any of the buses had accessibility for power chairs or scooters. It would be a nice thing to add, if they could. Otherwise, anyone with those needs really misses out on this port. There's so much to see and enjoy here. Have a great time.

A bit more informatinn about Progreso and Merida. Most areas do have chair cuts in the sidewalk/curbs. In Merida on Paseo de Montejo, a broad, upscale, european styled boulavard the sidewalks are quite wide. Very pleasant strolling or wheeling with a sidewalk sculpture gallery, monuments and eating places. Pics in my galleries posted below.

Archived