3 reef excursion.. from carnival.. need information..please

gigem85

we were on the conquest on June 17 and I do not remember them offering this excursion, so we did the deluxe snorkel tour.. which was okay..but they just take you out in the ocean..and really no reefs..so we did not really see any fish.

can you tell me more about this trip

did you see lots of different fishes..... and coral?

what was the boat like??? how many people did he hold??

any refreshments included????

any information.. would be appreciate.

we are going in Aug 11,, on the ecstacy.....there is 13 of us... going...

and we want a better snorkel trip..we are also checking rosies.. but if we decide to stick to carnivals excursion..,then I would love any information you can give me on this one..as they don't post much about it on the carnival website,,,

thanks, Vita

We did the three reef snorkel from carnival in Feb. We did have fun! The boat is a retro looking wood boat. I think there is a pic of it if you click on shore excursion details on Carnivals website. On our trip there was about 12 people. Could not hold alot more than that.Not really sure what their capacity is. They did provide lunch. It was a sandwich-pre made, some chips and an apple. They provided water, fruit punch and beer the entire trip. The crew was great. They explained everything well and their English was great! Two of the crew members got into the water with us at all 3 stops-just to keep an eye on everyone and keep us all together, We saw some great fish and reef. We saw a sea snake and a ray also.One of the crew members would dive down to show us stuff we would have missed if he had not pointed it out. I would do this excursion again in a heart beat. If you think of any more questions I will try to help.

One more thing-I do not know what the age limit is on this excursion or if you have any children but the current was pretty strong! At least when we went. The water was really rough also. They do provide you with life vest, which we wore. They also provide snorkels, masks and fins. The snorkels are new-they open them in front of you and you take it with you when you leave. Just wanted to tell you about the water. My kids are 14 and 9-I would let my 14 year old go but I am not sure about my 9 year old.

One more thing-I do not know what the age limit is on this excursion or if you have any children but the current was pretty strong! At least when we went. The water was really rough also. They do provide you with life vest, which we wore. They also provide snorkels, masks and fins. The snorkels are new-they open them in front of you and you take it with you when you leave. Just wanted to tell you about the water. My kids are 14 and 9-I would let my 14 year old go but I am not sure about my 9 year old.

thank you...I appreciate all the information..we are trying to decide to do this one.. or..., hire our own snorkel crew thru.. eagle divers.something like that.. thanks..

oh one more question... did you take this tour from the pier..or did you have to take a taxi to the marina???

It's just me, I'm sure, and I'm prejudiced but I'd sure plan on going with Rosi and Mystic. I just wonder about a snorkel excursion that provides beer. Sure, it's safe enough but that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. And, FYI, I've never heard of a sea snake in the Gulf of Mexico, the poster probably saw an eel...still cool but less dangerous!

And, FYI, I've never heard of a sea snake in the Gulf of Mexico, the poster probably saw an eel...still cool but less dangerous!

You are right, it had to have been an eel, there are no sea snakes in the gulf of Mexico or the Caribbean.

Yes it left from the pier-but we tenderd in and I can not remember the name of the pier, I know it was not international pier-Sorry. The beer was provided on the trip back-I should have made that clear. And out of my 2 times of snorkleing in my life I guess I was mistaken about what I saw. It "LOOKED" like a snake and it was in the water on the bottom. Hope this helps-have fun whichever you choose.

BTW-This was my first cruise (never been outside US before) and my first REAL time snorkeling. That is why I choose the cruise excursion-I was afraid of going off on my own. So the others here that go snorkeling alot will have better advice on who to use and where to go. My husband tried to get me to use a private company but I felt better sticking with Carnival. Next time I may relax and use one of them. Please listen to them if you want snorkel advice-but as far this particular tour-I loved it and had no problems at all. It was amazing to see all the fish and whatever else it was I saw! (If it looks like a snake-it is a snake!!!) LOL

BTW-This was my first cruise (never been outside US before) and my first REAL time snorkeling. That is why I choose the cruise excursion-I was afraid of going off on my own. So the others here that go snorkeling alot will have better advice on who to use and where to go. My husband tried to get me to use a private company but I felt better sticking with Carnival. Next time I may relax and use one of them. Please listen to them if you want snorkel advice-but as far this particular tour-I loved it and had no problems at all. It was amazing to see all the fish and whatever else it was I saw! (If it looks like a snake-it is a snake!!!) LOL

Thank you for all your help.. now it seems they are going with eagle ray divers as it seems to be a bigger boat.and lunch is included and we got a group rate of about $55 each.. but its still not decided for sure.

thank you for all your input!!!

Thanks, bstman, I'm so glad you had this adventure! Snorkeling was TERRIBLY scary the first time I did it! I'd never been interested...I don't like the feeling of being in the water with things that actually LIVE there. But, after about 3 minutes, I was hooked! I still have no interest in diving, I don't like the idea of having to take "air" with me! I mentioned the snake/eel thing because I figure that most folks wouldn't even TRY to get in the water if they thought there were snakes there...lol! But, eel-snake...whats the difference, really...lol. Cept, sea snakes are deadly. And, thanks for clearing up the beer thing...I don't have a problem with AFTER snorkeling, for sure!

Donna

Archived