2009 World Cruises announced

KenC

The 2009 world cruises preview brochure for QM2 and QV has just arrived.

QM2 departs Fort Lauderdale 13 Jan and arrives Southampton 8 April (85 nights). Major calls include Rio, Montivideo, LA, Honolulu, Auckland, Sydney, Osaka, HK, Bankok, Singapore, Goa, Dubai!!, Alexandria, Athens, Rome, Barcelona, Le Havre.

QV departs Southampton 2 Jan and returns 20 April (107 nights). Major calls include New York, LA, Honolulu, Samoa, Tonga, Auckland, Sydney, Saipan, Nagasaki, Pusan, Shanghai, HK, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Mumbai, Alexanndria, Istanbul, Athens, Rome, Barcelona.

Wonder if these will fill as quickly as 2008??

Ken

QV departs Southampton 2 Jan and returns 20 April (107 nights). Major calls include New York, LA, Honolulu, Samoa, Tonga, Auckland, Sydney, Saipan, Nagasaki, Pusan, Shanghai, HK, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Mumbai, Alexanndria, Istanbul, Athens, Rome, Barcelona.

Ken,

Is there a January Crossing opening? I'd wait until the postman arrived, but for the fact that I'm always excluded from mailings.......

Matthew

Ken,

Is there a January Crossing opening? I'd wait until the postman arrived, but for the fact that I'm always excluded from mailings.......

Matthew

Matthew

The only segments currently on offer are the longer ones plus the option of an 11 night crossing Soton / New York / Fort Lauderdale on QV to tie up with QM2's sailing on 13 Jan (2 ships 1 world cruise). I suspect that once the shorter segments are released then the Soton - New York crossing will be available.

Ken

For those interested in the cost.

Prices on QM2 vary from £9,999 in a D7 inside to £100,659 in a Q1 Grand Duplex for the full 85 days.

On QV they vary from £11,399 in a D7 inside to £120,999 in a Q1 Grand Suite for the full 107 days.

The 11 night QV crossing Soton to Ft Lauderdale varies from £799 in a D7 to £23,349 in a Q1. (Q6 at £4,219, P1 at £ 3,939, A1 balcony at £2,029 and C1 £1,279)

Ken

QM2 departs Fort Lauderdale 13 Jan and arrives Southampton 8 April (85 nights).QV departs Southampton 2 Jan and returns 20 April (107 nights).

Ken,

Thanks for the info - wonder why they are sending the QM2 round so quickly again....I'd heard mutterings that they'd take a bit longer second time around......I'd be surprised if the second WC of the QV sold as fast as the first. From the itinerary how many 'joint visits' are they doing?

Matthew

The only segments currently on offer are the longer ones plus the option of an 11 night crossing Soton / New York / Fort Lauderdale on QV to tie up with QM2's sailing on 13 Jan (2 ships 1 world cruise). I suspect that once the shorter segments are released then the Soton - New York crossing will be available.

Ken

According to Cunard (I know.....) the 11 night segment will not be offered on Monday, which is when the full cruise and longer segments go on sale.

Matthew

Ken,

Thanks for the info - wonder why they are sending the QM2 round so quickly again....I'd heard mutterings that they'd take a bit longer second time around......I'd be surprised if the second WC of the QV sold as fast as the first. From the itinerary how many 'joint visits' are they doing?

The way the brochure is set out, it looks like Cunard are majoring on QM2's 4 main segments - Fort Lauderdale/LA, LA/Sydney, Sydney/Dubai and Dubai/Soton. These segments vary between 17 and 30 nights, so I guess they are looking for more segment bookings than whole world cruises. I think it's a shame that she is doing it so quickly - but better that than another winter in the Caribbean. I'm also guessing that following the 8 April arrival in Soton that she will be drydocked for 2 weeks before her scheduled 22 April westbound TA.

No joint visits!!! They are never closer than 4 days apart and only both visit about 12 same ports.

Ken

According to Cunard (I know.....) the 11 night segment will not be offered on Monday, which is when the full cruise and longer segments go on sale.

Matthew

Sorry.... must only be available as part of the '2 ships 1 world cruise' package at this stage. Yes, these cruises go on sale 9 July.

Ken

QM2 world cruise itinerary is as below ~

Jan

13 Ft Lauderdale

16 Barbados

22 Rio de Janeiro

25 Montevideo

28 Cape Horn

31 Valparaiso (from Santiago)

Feb

3 Callao (from Lima)

7 Acapulco

10 Los Angeles

14 Honolulu

19 Pago Pago

21 International Date Line

23 Auckland

26 Sydney

Mar

6 Osaka

9 Hong Kong

12 Bangkok

14 Singapore

18 Goa

21 Dubai

23 Salalah

27 Suez Canal

28 Alexandria

30 Athens

Apr

1 Rome

2 Cannes

3 Barcelona

7 Paris (from Le Havre)

8 Southampton

Will type QV itinerary shortly

Ken

QV world cruise itinerary 2009 as follows ~

Jan

2 Southampton

10 New York

13 Ft lauderdale

16 Curacao

18 Panama Canal

21 Puerto Quetzal

24 Puerto Vallarta

25 Cabo San Lucas

27 Los Angeles

Feb

1 Honolulu

6 Apia, W Samoa

7 International Date Line

9 Tonga

12 Auckland

14 Christchurch

17 Hobart

19 / 20 Sydney

23 Airlie Beach (Great Barrier Reef)

26 Papua, New Guinea

Mar

1 Saipan, Marianas

5 Nagasaki

6 Pusan

8 Shanghai

11 Hong Kong

13 Nha Trang, Vietnam

14 Ho Chi Minh City

16 Bangkok

19 Singapore

21 Phuket

25 Goa

26 Mumbai

29 Dubai

Apr

4 Aquaba

6 Suez Canal

7 Alexandria

9 Kusadasi, Turkey

10 Istanbul

11 Mykonos

12 Athens

14 Rome

16 Barcelona

20 Southampton

Ken

26 Sydney

Mar

6 Osaka

I guess that now 'the Queen is dead' she has to show herself in Japan - 7 sea days to get there - I wonder why they went as far as Osaka when the QV is only going to Nagasaki......maybe its because she can......

Peter

According to Cunard (I know.....) the 11 night segment will not be offered on Monday, which is when the full cruise and longer segments go on sale

Matthew looking at the brochure is this the only chance of a 'winter crossing' in January 2009 if still getting together for you chaps then

Wondering what the chances are that Cunard will team up with Orient Express for transfers between London and Southampton since there will be a two day delay between QV docking from it's world cruise and the Westbound Transatlantic on QM2.

Any thoughts?

Westchester - while it would be a fabulous bonus to have transfers via Orient Express, don't get your hopes up - it doesn't happen often but, you never know

Hi all,

Is it just me or does it show a lack of imagination that the QM2 2009 voyage is almost a clone of 2007? Most ports are the same (apart from Bangkok & Osaka) and sea days comparable.

As a passenger in 2007, the most frequent complaint was the haste of the journey and even the Commodore compared the trip to a greyhound dashing from port to port. (some sectors at full speed)

So could it be that "sector" voyages are now the focus rather than repeat passengers for a "World Cruise"? Is there more money to be made exploiting major centres (like Auckland Sydney,Hong Kong, Dubai) where the visits are infrequent, rather than out of the way places? Will all future World cruises follow the same formula? Is this a symptom of the QM2 size problems in selecting "non Anchor" ports?

I would be interested in some opinions of CC members.

Anyway, whatever the reason........... I don't believe I will be lining up to join the QM2 in 2009.

I guess that now 'the Queen is dead' she has to show herself in Japan - 7 sea days to get there - I wonder why they went as far as Osaka when the QV is only going to Nagasaki......maybe its because she can......

Peter

Yes, it all seems a bit of a dash .... but as you say maybe it's because she can. Just goes to show that speed isn't everything!!! ;) Shame they couldn't have organised some long line voyages from US or UK to places like South Africa or South America or India and back again. I would much prefer a leisurely whole world cruise, if and when I can afford it!!

Ken

The 2009 world cruises preview brochure for QM2 and QV has just arrived.

QM2 departs Fort Lauderdale 13 Jan and arrives Southampton 8 April (85 nights). Major calls include Rio, Montivideo, LA, Honolulu, Auckland, Sydney, Osaka, HK, Bankok, Singapore, Goa, Dubai!!, Alexandria, Athens, Rome, Barcelona, Le Havre.

Wonder if these will fill as quickly as 2008??

Ken

Going to book QV world cruise on Monday Does anyone know if a portside cabin is best to get the most benefit from the sun (generally I know not possible all the way round) during the day on the balcony ???????

Hello all world cruses

Going to book QV world cruise 2009 on Monday Does anyone know whether the portside is the best to book to take advantage of as much of the sunshine most of the way around on our balcony

Cheers:)

Does anyone know whether the portside is the best to book to take advantage of as much of the sunshine most of the way around on our balcony

Yes in the Northern Hemisphere, no in the Southern........In Sydney a Port cabin will give you a view of the Harbour Bridge, a starboard the Opera House.....I'd take either.......;)

Archived