Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rnbtr

Zuiderdam?

Doea anyone know if the Zuiderdam has flat screen TV and DVD in cabins( not a siute) How about in room movies or TV I will cruising to Alaska have a hard time fall asleep without TV

How are the shops on board? I have never been on HAl a bit nervious my TA spoke highly of the line.

We were on the Z this past Feb., and at that time, there was not a flat screen tv in our cabin. The Z actually had a lot of movies showing and a lot of other TV shows. I posted those at one point, so I'll see if I can't find what was showing when we were on the Z and post them here.

We thought the shops were great. They have a pretty good sized jewelry shop and a good sized shop with shirts, souviners, snacks, booze...just about anything you can imagine.

Our cruise was really the best vacation we've ever had. The food was good, the service was amazing...and our cabin was wonderful, especially the bed...it was soooo comfy.

We were looking for a quiet, child-free cruise, and that's what we ended up with. I know this varies from ship to ship, and a lot depends on the time of year you cruise...but everything was perfect.

We recently returned from an Alaskan cruise on the Z in June. We had a wonderful time and would expect that you would have one too. We found the ship to be in great shape and SPOTLESS.

Our SY suite did had a 'normal' tube type TV with a DVD player attached to it. They had a few channels which ran movies all the time.

I found the shops to be typical cruise ship shops (cruise clothing, cruise souveniers, booze, and jewelry). You'll have lots more shopping opportunities in the ports (if you make it past all the foreign jewelry shops!).

Enjoy your cruise! - I wish we were returning soon!

I was on Zuiderdam in April. There was a regular TV and no dvd player in my room. (Category VA) The tv channels played lots of movies. The shops were nice but the staff in some of the shops were useless. The jewelry selection was wonderful and the staff in thee was great. You will enjoy the Zuiderdam. She is a beautiful ship with a marvelous staff.

Doea anyone know if the Zuiderdam has flat screen TV and DVD in cabins

They probably won't be added until her "aft lift" in Apr '08.