Cruise Critic Community
wizard-of-roz

Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Dramatic end to our vacation cruise on Sunday. Bob opened the front door around 5 p.m. after I fed the dog, and this is what greeted him! A trapper eventually came a few hours later, a neighbor told us today, and carried the gator off to release him in an undeveloped area.

B6EBC7D0-87AC-4727-A32C-B7463174A2A7.jpeg

2A04EBD1-5613-417B-8362-CF26E2DB2BF6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Dramatic end to our vacation cruise on Sunday. Bob opened the front door around 5 p.m. after I fed the dog, and this is what greeted him! A trapper eventually came a few hours later, a neighbor told us today, and carried the gator off to release him in an undeveloped area.

Yikes! 😱

3 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

WHAT!!!!!!  I know this sounds weird........These "things" are what my nightmares are made of!  I live in the city of L.A. mainly because I will NEVER have a chance encounter with this!!!!!  My nightmare beast!!!!!

On 4/15/2019 at 5:26 AM, wizard-of-roz said:

Kali is so cute!  Boy or girl? 

Thank you!  Kali is a girl 🙂

I have so many questions.  Is Kali a Poodle?  Or Poodle mix?  They are such brilliant dogs.  I have been seriously thinking of going towards a more "allergy" friendly dog because of my persistent sinusitis and upon recommendation of my doctor.

Dad is a Standard Poodle, mom is half Standard Poodle, half German Shepherd.

Where did you get Kali, where was he/she trained?  Tell us more!  Is it a training Org.  Or, was she privately trained? 

She came from a breeder in Atlanta and I trained her myself. 

I am seriously looking into a Successor Dog that is more allergy friendly when Horty is ready to retire and would love to hear more about Kali.

She has been a dream to train and work with.  SUPER smart, sometimes TOO smart lol.  You are more than welcome to check out her FB page.  We have lots of photos and information there! It's at KaliTheServiceDog.

You're going to love cruising with your dog, and the ship is going to love him/her!

I can't wait!  On our last cruise (the only one I've done since she was fully trained) I felt so lost without her, and so upset by having to depend so heavily on my human companions.  They are always willing, but as you all know, it's not about that.  We are a team, and with her by my side I am SO much more independent.

P.S.  Love the booties! 🐩

Thank you!  We live in GA and the asphalt here can get dangerously hot.

On 4/15/2019 at 8:34 PM, S.S. Cruisers said:

Kali is gawgeous! ❤️

Thank you.  She believes it! LOL

2 hours ago, HHFamily said:

Thank you for being so kind to answer my intrusive questions.   She is a combination of two brilliant breeds.

You should be very proud of what you've done with Kali.  

I would bug my wonderful husband to go everywhere with me before I applied to CCI.  He was my "Service Person."  He helped me to keep my job and used to come to work with me as a volunteer, he was actually helping me!   Then I got my first Service Dog, Brenda and my husband was free to go about his own life! 

Now, Horton gives me the independence to go everywhere and not be hyper-vigilant and afraid.  He is my hero through life!  I'm sure you feel the same about Kali.   

14 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Nope!