Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

4 hours ago, rangeley said:

Its Princess. I think she said Mexican Riviera. 

It's the Royal Princess leaving out of L.A. on November 16 - 23.  Going to the Mexican Riviera.  Cindy and John will be disembarking and my Granddaughter will be joining me.  I'd love to see you onboard with us.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

32 minutes ago, rangeley said:

Roz, Do you know where we dock in San Fran? Is it near Fishermans Wharf

Yes, it's right near the Embarcadero and Fisherman's Wharf....it's a long walk from the ship to the Wharf but it can be done.  There's also trolley cars and cabs to take those who can't do the long walk.  It's actually one of the nicest piers you will ever see.

23 hours ago, rangeley said:

Thats right, I forgot about all the abbreviations and taking the dog down. 

One of my most unfavorite thing to do is that trip to a lounge, in the early morning to meet with Immigration before they can let anyone off the ship in certain ports.  It's too early, I'm NOT a morning person and I look like a zombie!  I'm very cranky in the morning!

9 hours ago, rangeley said:

Yup thats what he did. Wasn't a good start. Hopefully he will not wait 26 hours this time. It was very stressful for all of us.

The January cruise stops the first day, thats why we booked it. We figured he would only have to go overnight.  

Dont know if I told you but we had a sea day then didnt get to Bermuda until 1pm the day after that. He had finally peed but no poop. On our way down to customs, right outside the door to the restaurant they were using, he squats and poops. Omg we were mortified. I scooped it up fast and stuck it in Johns backpack. Then proceeded to meet with customs. A few people watched and were so nice about it, saying not to worry about it. Ugh!! That can't happen again. 

It won't happen again.  He'll see that the box for potty, not laying and we move on.  

14 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Yes, it's right near the Embarcadero and Fisherman's Wharf....it's a long walk from the ship to the Wharf but it can be done.  There's also trolley cars and cabs to take those who can't do the long walk.  It's actually one of the nicest piers you will ever see.

What's the date your ship is in San Francisco?

Dianne

22 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

☹️

Just now, wizard-of-roz said:

Monday, November 11th.  7:00am - 10:00pm

That 's too bad - we will be gone on our cruise. I'm sure Henri would have loved to come into the City to have lunch with her fellow CCI graduates Oakland and Horton.

Dianne

19 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

One of my most unfavorite thing to do is that trip to a lounge, in the early morning to meet with Immigration before they can let anyone off the ship in certain ports.  It's too early, I'm NOT a morning person and I look like a zombie!  I'm very cranky in the morning!

Oh great another cranky morning person. I live with the king of crank! 

2 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

That 's too bad - we will be gone on our cruise. I'm sure Henri would have loved to come into the City to have lunch with her fellow CCI graduates Oakland and Horton.

Dianne

Awww too bad. That would have been fun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rangeley said:

Oh great another cranky morning person. I live with the king of crank! 

Get over it........If God wanted us to wake up early in the morning he'd make us all milk men/women!    That's why there's room service [continental breakfast] but, it's enough for me to get my engine going and then I leave the room around 11:00. 

I was a thrill to work with when I had to be there, every day, by 8:30!  Everyone knew; don't ask Roz anything before 11:00!!!  Hey it's the way this chick was made!!!!!

• Haha 1

John has always talked that he wants to try abalone. I think his friend lived out there and told him about it. I read that Monterey has farms and I'm sure he would be able to get some. Not gonna happen. Monterey is a tender port and he can't get off. 

4 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Get over it........If God wanted us to wake up early in the morning he'd make us all milk men/women!    That's why there's room service [continental breakfast] but, it's enough for me to get my engine going and then I leave the room around 11:00. 

I was a thrill to work with when I had to be there, every day, by 8:30!  Everyone knew; don't ask Roz anything before 11:00!!!  Hey it's the way this chick was made!!!!!

Sounds like our schedule. You're going to hate me in the morning, John does. 😁

You can also take the Muni F line to Fisherman's Wharf and its wheelchair accessible. Its about a 15 minute ride. Uber has supposedly added more wheelchair accessible vans in San Francisco, although I haven't used them. I used Uber in Paris and London and they were great. All of the Black Cabs in London are wheelchair accessible, why can't we have that in the US?

You should be able to get abalone at Fisherman's Wharf. Too bad you might be a little early to get dungeness crab.

Dianne

1 hour ago, wizard-of-roz said:

It's the Royal Princess leaving out of L.A. on November 16 - 23.  Going to the Mexican Riviera.  Cindy and John will be disembarking and my Granddaughter will be joining me.  I'd love to see you onboard with us.

I looked at it, just can't justify the money for it.

Linda and Halo

2 hours ago, rangeley said:

John has always talked that he wants to try abalone. I think his friend lived out there and told him about it. I read that Monterey has farms and I'm sure he would be able to get some. Not gonna happen. Monterey is a tender port and he can't get off. 

Maybe they'll have it onboard.  Ask our server at dinner.

2 hours ago, rangeley said:

Sounds like our schedule. You're going to hate me in the morning, John does. 😁

Morey was an early riser.....about 5:30am every morning.  I swear he was meant to be a dairy farmer.  He'd go to the men's gym and take his morning shower there so he didn't wake me and then he'd go to the dining room and have a leisurely, quiet breakfast.  He was a wonderfully thoughtful travel mate.  I loved traveling with him and miss him so much!

9 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Morey was an early riser.....about 5:30am every morning.  I swear he was meant to be a dairy farmer.  He'd go to the men's gym and take his morning shower there so he didn't wake me and then he'd go to the dining room and have a leisurely, quiet breakfast.  He was a wonderfully thoughtful travel mate.  I loved traveling with him and miss him so much!

😢 What a sweetheart. Wish I could have met him. 

39 minutes ago, MelanieDyer said:

Are you going to Grand Turk?  Are you doing the paperwork for Grand Turk?

I am going to GT, but won't have Halo on this cruise.  Next cruise with Halo will be November 2020.  That one also goes to GT and some other that requires a lot of paperwork.  I will have it all done.  I love getting off at the ports.

Linda and Halo