Jump to content

Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!


Recommended Posts

Thank you Cody and Rebecca for posting. 

 

I think of her every day. We had one of the best cruises with her last November. I think we laughed the whole week. She was so proud of all her grandchildren and spoke of you often. The stories she would tell!!! I feel like I know all of you. ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rebex_B said:

 

IMG_4526 2.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

 

Rebecca - thank you so much for these lovely photos of your Grammy and Mr H!  And for sharing the "tails" from the cruise!  I love the way these labs just perfect the "long suffering" looks - with the puzzlement of where is my next treat coming from!  You must have had such fun on your trips with Grammy and I am sure you know by now just how much she will be missed by us here.  

 

As we have failed to find your Grammy's Obituary on legacy dot com - would you mind posting a link please.  

 

(Thank you Nancy for looking - I did look again but just couldn't find it.  Rangeley - I think Nancy first thought I meant the obituary posted on here by Cody but as he mentioned to head over to legacy dot com I was actually looking for that but then neither of us could find it.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cindy,

I was wrong.  I was thinking of the one Cody posted for us.  I also went to Legacy and can't find it.  😞 

I have lived in the cold weather.  Not a fan.  But also not a fan of our summer 110+ temps!  Where is the happy medium?

When we were in Hawaii, on our cruise, one of the taxi drivers who was born and raised in Maui said she really doesn't like it.  She said she feels isolated.  If you want to go anywhere, you have fly.  I hadn't thought of that aspect of it.  Even though Maui has everything you could need, it must close in on the people that live there.  I don't know, I think I would be fine with it.  Since we really haven't left the house since March I can see be quarantined on Maui!  I could make it work! 🌴🦜

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 1:18 PM, rpclmc said:

My daughter got her first puppy yesterday.   It is a Vizsla/Lab, 9 weeks old, Bolin -male.  She lives with us and Bolin and Halo, my service dog, became fast buddies.

 

 

IMG_5502.JPG

Well you have a couple of cuties living with you!  Bolin is adorable.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fairbourne, 

 

Sorry about that, I talked to Cody and he said that the legacy.com is not set up yet. It was a typo to leave it in. When it is active, I’ll let you all know!!

 

Sorry to send you all on a goose chase trying to find it,

Rebecca. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fairbourne, I laughed at your “long suffering” description, which so perfectly fits Horty, my Raylene, and other worried-looking black Labs. I always think yellow Labs  (and definitely Golden Retrievers) have default happy faces in comparison.
 

I’m looking forward to our week, starting Wednesday, hosting my friend Pat’s CCI hearing dog, Firenze, a yellow Lab. (He always stays with us when she is away for a scenario where she’d rather not bring him along.) The doggies have a wonderful time hanging out together 24/7, needless to say. Will take a photo to post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well had to cancel our January cruise. Final payment was due. 😭  Even though we knew we would have to cancel, it was still having it booked that made us feel better. We had wanted to take this cruise for years but for a long time the itinerary only went once a year and it was never a good time. It was a 10 day cruise too. 😭 Damn covid!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rangeley said:

Well had to cancel our January cruise. Final payment was due. 😭  Even though we knew we would have to cancel, it was still having it booked that made us feel better. We had wanted to take this cruise for years but for a long time the itinerary only went once a year and it was never a good time. It was a 10 day cruise too. 😭 Damn covid!!

😢

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Cindy, I could use a cruise about now.  I was thinking, wouldn't it be safer to go now?  Maybe others would think it was unsafe and there wouldn't be as many people.  I would think the cruise lines would be cleaning like mad (men).  Just a random thought that pops up in my head.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooo, I found a pup site for GoldenDoodles,  BerneDoodles and SheepaDoodles!  Omg,  sooo cute.  I don't remember if its ok to give websites out, but it isn't for cruising info.  Its doodles doodles doodles dot com   no spaces between the doodles.  I imagine they would make good service dogs with the poodles mixed in.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We really wanted to book two cruises in the end of the current year but we had to cancel both beforehand. Now we have no plans for the next year cause we dont want to deal with refunds and all this stuff prior to cruising. In any case, I hope that most of you will avoid this stressful situations 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I miss cruising a ton, I am not planning any until cruising has started back up and most, if not all, ports are open.  There is so much to see and do in the U.S.  Even though I have been to all 50 states several times, there is so much more to see.  I just plan on finding more places to visit.  The biggest advantage, no having to jump through hoops with paperwork for Halo.

 

I might consider and all inclusive to Cancun.  We have to see.

 

After two months of being 100% non weight bearing on my right leg; broken knee and ankle, I was finally able to use it starting last Monday.  Amazing how 2 months of not using it negates 52 years of walking.  I am not able to stand and walk yet, but it is making my transfers to the wheelchair and commode so much easier.  And I am doing my standing exercises religiously.  I couldn't stand and walk well before the accident on August 9th, but I plan on getting back to my "normal" quickly.  And then I plan to drop some weight and keeping up my exercising to get even better.

 

Hope everyone is doing well.

 

Linda and Halo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well darn, Cindy. I hate that your January cruise is off. We switched everything to 2022, thinking “surely by then...”. Of course, we were thinking that earlier this year about 2021. There is no “surely” anymore.

 

To cheer us all up, here’s what’s going on at my house with our young visitor. He’s a CCI Hearing Dog, Yellow Lab of course, and we have him until Wednesday when his mom returns from a trip. Hard to be down in the dumps with those three happy faces to enjoy.

785594CF-2139-4A46-823D-BC385CA2350F.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 5:14 PM, rpclmc said:

Although I miss cruising a ton, I am not planning any until cruising has started back up and most, if not all, ports are open.  There is so much to see and do in the U.S.  Even though I have been to all 50 states several times, there is so much more to see.  I just plan on finding more places to visit.  The biggest advantage, no having to jump through hoops with paperwork for Halo.

 

I might consider and all inclusive to Cancun.  We have to see.

 

After two months of being 100% non weight bearing on my right leg; broken knee and ankle, I was finally able to use it starting last Monday.  Amazing how 2 months of not using it negates 52 years of walking.  I am not able to stand and walk yet, but it is making my transfers to the wheelchair and commode so much easier.  And I am doing my standing exercises religiously.  I couldn't stand and walk well before the accident on August 9th, but I plan on getting back to my "normal" quickly.  And then I plan to drop some weight and keeping up my exercising to get even better.

 

Hope everyone is doing well.

 

Linda and Halo

I was going to rebook for 2022 but there wasn't any cruises listed to the Caribbean. So we'll have to wait. 

 

Glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better. Just remember take it slow.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Well darn, Cindy. I hate that your January cruise is off. We switched everything to 2022, thinking “surely by then...”. Of course, we were thinking that earlier this year about 2021. There is no “surely” anymore.

 

To cheer us all up, here’s what’s going on at my house with our young visitor. He’s a CCI Hearing Dog, Yellow Lab of course, and we have him until Wednesday when his mom returns from a trip. Hard to be down in the dumps with those three happy faces to enjoy.

785594CF-2139-4A46-823D-BC385CA2350F.jpeg

Oh somebody's getting a "sugar face" as our Roz would say. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Well darn, Cindy. I hate that your January cruise is off. We switched everything to 2022, thinking “surely by then...”. Of course, we were thinking that earlier this year about 2021. There is no “surely” anymore.

 

To cheer us all up, here’s what’s going on at my house with our young visitor. He’s a CCI Hearing Dog, Yellow Lab of course, and we have him until Wednesday when his mom returns from a trip. Hard to be down in the dumps with those three happy faces to enjoy.

785594CF-2139-4A46-823D-BC385CA2350F.jpeg

What fun for Raylene! Henri had a play day with some CCI friends on Saturday - of course, there were costumes involved.

 

We were supposed to be in Spain right now on a Transatlantic cruise. We have two cruises still scheduled for 2021, but who knows if we will be able to go.

 

20201025_052436344_iOS.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I love the Doggie Halloween picture. Henri and her friend on the left look happy but that boy on the right looks like he's thinking, "I don't care what we're celebrating, I do NOT wear hats!"😃

Cassius is always the serious one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...