No Pin For Me...

1BDNANA

I have all of my past guest pins, but the the one that I wanted the most.I went on the Carnival Ectasy for my honeymoon .It was my first cruise so I did not get a pin.I called Carnival and they said that it was one of the pins they did not have.If anyone has an exta one they would like to sell or trade I would love it.Thanks...NANA.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Ecstasy this past June and they gave pins to past guests so I don't know why they told you they didn't have any more pins. I was not aware that this was a rare pin. If you have your booking number or a picture taken on your cruise or anything to prove that you were on that ship and call guest relations, they will send you a pin. I needed several pins and gave the information to guest relations and they sent them to me. The pin I know I will never see is for the Jubilee. She is now with P&O line in Australia and no longer the Jubilee but the Pacific Sun. :( Carnival gives out pins with the ship's name on it to past guests. I have 7 pins (missing the Jubilee) and usually pin them to my lanyard as I don't know where else to put them. Travelgirl

we have collected pins of things other than cruise ships for a long time, so when we started cruising it was fun to pick these up on each ship. we have a nice little display case of them. Eventually its likely you could find anything on ebay, just keep checking and it will likely show up at some point

• 1 month later...
I have all of my past guest pins, but the the one that I wanted the most.I went on the Carnival Ectasy for my honeymoon .It was my first cruise so I did not get a pin.I called Carnival and they said that it was one of the pins they did not have.If anyone has an exta one they would like to sell or trade I would love it.Thanks...NANA.

A freind of mine just came off the Ecstasy and he got his pin. I was on the Fantasy and they told me Carnival doesn't make pins for the Fantasy class of ships anymore. What hogwash. Come on Carnival, why are you hoarding all the pins?

Hi, Carnival told a fib. My freind just sailed the Ecstasy in Sept. and he got his pin.

The pins are for returning guests only?

We sailed on the Fantasy in 1991, and Carnival has no record of this at all, we cann't even get a past guest discount because they have no information. Our travel agent does not either. We didn't get any paperwork from that cruise that can prove we sailed, our travel agent gave us paperwork, but it was all collected at the check-in points on the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the Fantasy in 1991, and Carnival has no record of this at all, we cann't even get a past guest discount because they have no information. Our travel agent does not either. We didn't get any paperwork from that cruise that can prove we sailed, our travel agent gave us paperwork, but it was all collected at the check-in points on the cruise.

Do you have any photos from that cruise? They will accept a photo if you have no other record of the cruise. Travelgirl

It must be something about the Fantasy. We sailed on her in 1997 and they have lost the records of this sailing as well. However, we aren't going to complain since the records they do have for us state that we sailed on the Tropicale which was a 14 day instead of the 4 day (on the Fantasy) that we actually did. Geez, I sure wish I could remember that cruise (teehee).

Unfortunately though, we have subsequently sailed on the Ecstacy and the Triumph - but did not receive pins on either of those -- so am going to contact Carnival to see if it is possible to get some.

Tracey

Hey, guess what? Checked our docs, again, online. There is an update. We have past member #'s !!!! They found us, apparently. But no perks mentioned. Went to our TA, she called Carnival. Carnival rep stated we can have a $50pp perk, however in order to have it we nned to be downgraded 2 decks--still a balcony, however. I said to them, "I don't get it, we book a gtyUpgrade. Apparently got the upgrade because we are now (went from a 8A to a 8E) as stated on paperwork from them. So, we get the upgrade. Fine. Ask for anything we can get with the past guest and are told we need to downgrade to get it? Said no, because we already have stuff being delivered to our cabin, and that is all set so do not want to mess that up. No one else is getting my bucket hat and Coronas!!! What does anyone else thinnk of this? (And I know, with the gty upgrade I shouldn't even really have a cabin # yet, but apparently we do)

Archived