Valor docking in St. Thomas

ElvisLover1

I accidentally posted these questions on the wrong thread so I am posting them here as well. I don't intend to annoy anyone by posting in more than one place I am just trying to get answers to my questions!!

Can anyone tell me what dock the Valor will put in at in St. Thomas? Also can anyone tell me approximately how long it took for the ship to clear customs before passengers could disembark? We are trying to arrange a daysail but I am not sure it will work considering we don't dock until 9:00 and most of them leave at that time.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!:)

Caribbean Hotel Reviews

Where is your port before St. Thomas? You only clear Immigration if your previous port is not a US or US territory port. St Thomas is a US territory.

You generally clear Customs at debarkation from your ship at the end of the cruise. The Valor is a Carnival ship? Carnival docks at Havensight, usually.

Hope this helps.

B.

Thanks for the info B. Unfortunately we are stopping in Nassau before St. Thomas so we will have to clear customs twice. My understanding is that they simply board the ship but do not see every passenger. You seem to be pretty familiar with St. Thomas may I ask you another question?:confused:

We cleared customs in about 10 minutes in St. Thomas once the process began. The first do any parties who have an early tour booked. We all had to gather in the Eagles lounge until customs boarded the ship. I would go down to lounge as soon as you can. I think we waited there about 20 minutes. Once they announced to head for customs, that process went fast, as long as you have your documents out and ready. In Nassau customs does not come on the ship. If you get off, once you come back they were set up in a building in port and just asked to see your ship sail and sign card and your id. It went very quick as well. Have fun!

Kim

Archived