Host Cecilia

NCL Mastercard FAQ

I called world points and they told me I cannot go from an OA to a BA with my 30,000 points. I would have to go to a BF. which it would not be cost wise to do. I'm on the Encore the 5 of Jan 2020. Booked in an OA GTY. Not sure why TA booked me in a GTY. It is same price as a numbered cabin. Now not sure what to do.

I called world points and they told me I cannot go from an OA to a BA with my 30,000 points. I would have to go to a BF. which it would not be cost wise to do. I'm on the Encore the 5 of Jan 2020. Booked in an OA GTY. Not sure why TA booked me in a GTY. It is same price as a numbered cabin. Now not sure what to do.

BF is still a better cabin than OA is it not? It's a balcony cabin.

Your OA is guaranteed to be on deck 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13... Not to mention, OA is about as far as you can possibly get away from elevators/stairs. The only location for OA cabins according to deck plans are on the very front of the ship facing forward.

A BF would be on either deck 9 or 10.

Me personally, I'd rather have the balcony to sit on and enjoy than be in an OA from looking at the deck plans.

The problem is BF is only $200 more then what I'm paying. A BA is more then $400. So a BA would be worth the 30,000 points, But a BF would not as I can get OBC $300 for the 30,000 points.

The problem is BF is only $200 more then what I'm paying. A BA is more then $400. So a BA would be worth the 30,000 points, But a BF would not as I can get OBC $300 for the 30,000 points.

OA is $1149

BF is $1259

BA is $1339

Why not go ahead and just move to a BF cabin (pay the $110/person difference) and then use your points to upgrade within the same category (BF to BA or B8 whichever they consider 4 levels)... That's only a 20,000 point upgrade and still leaves you $100 to claim in OBC. Isn't ideal but could possibly get you from OA to BA or B8 for only $110/person out of pocket.