Las Hadas day pass

PJBUCHEIT

We were at Los Hadas during last Thanksgiving Holiday on a Carnival Cruise. I must say that it was hands down the BEST part of our Cruise Vacation. We still talk about it to anyone who will listen! It was $25 then and the kids ages 8 and 11 for some reason got in 1/2 price. They turn around and give you a coupon book with $25 FREE in food and drinks! AMAZING. We rented Wave Runners and other family snorkeled We also laid on the beach on the Queen Sized Air Mattresses under the cabana's they provided to their hotel guests. Most everyone redeemed them for Margarita's and the BIGGEST shrimp cocktails you have ever seen. That day was a TRUE VACATION experience to say the least! :)

We were at Los Hadas during last Thanksgiving Holiday on a Carnival Cruise. I must say that it was hands down the BEST part of our Cruise Vacation. We still talk about it to anyone who will listen! It was $25 then and the kids ages 8 and 11 for some reason got in 1/2 price. They turn around and give you a coupon book with $25 FREE in food and drinks! AMAZING. We rented Wave Runners and other family snorkeled We also laid on the beach on the Queen Sized Air Mattresses under the cabana's they provided to their hotel guests. Most everyone redeemed them for Margarita's and the BIGGEST shrimp cocktails you have ever seen. That day was a TRUE VACATION experience to say the least! :)

DH and I are looking forward to going to Las Hadas. You mentioned that you rented Wave Runners. Do you rememeber what the price for that was? Do you have to pay extra for the cabana's? We are going there for this Thanksgiving holiday.

HELLO :)

If I remember correctly, The wave runners were $40 per 1/2 hour and we used them for 1 hour. That is a pretty competitive price VS what we have seen in other places. We had one of the best times of our lives that day!! The beach was EMPTY of any sign of life on the water, it was all ours for that hour it seemed. Make sure you take a water proof camera. There is some great photo opportunity as that's a pretty scenic area! The people who operate the Water Sports rentals are apparently NOT affiliated with the hotel. That didn't matter at all, they were fantastic. VERY friendly and I think they must get a lot of word of mouth. They rent out all kinds of stuff. Snorkeling, Kayaking, boats, etc. The kids did Snorkeling and loved it (that was about $8). The way that they have the Wave Runners set up is you have to Kayak out into the water and transfer on to the wave runner and they will take the Kayak back. That eliminated sharing with the kids. We couldn't go back to get them after we rode for awhile. So, plan accordingly! Once your on, that's it... its all yours until time is up. They will come get you when that happens.

The Cabanas are complementary. You might have to get a staff member to get you one of the Air Mattresses I spoke of before. A small gratuity just might do the trick! I think those special perks are normally reserved for the staying HOTEL Guests. Even if you pay to get in for the day, your not a hotel guest! The food was great and we all used up every bit of our $25 back in food coupons! They even have a really nice regular pool facility that you are also welcome to use. It was nice!

We will be back on the Mexican Riviera this Thanksgiving too! 11/17-24th. On a Princess Cruise. Only this time we will be in Cabo, PV, Mazatlan.

If you have been there before. Share what's best!

HELLO :)

If I remember correctly, The wave runners were $40 per 1/2 hour and we used them for 1 hour. That is a pretty competitive price VS what we have seen in other places. We had one of the best times of our lives that day!! The beach was EMPTY of any sign of life on the water, it was all ours for that hour it seemed. Make sure you take a water proof camera. There is some great photo opportunity as that's a pretty scenic area! The people who operate the Water Sports rentals are apparently NOT affiliated with the hotel. That didn't matter at all, they were fantastic. VERY friendly and I think they must get a lot of word of mouth. They rent out all kinds of stuff. Snorkeling, Kayaking, boats, etc. The kids did Snorkeling and loved it (that was about $8). The way that they have the Wave Runners set up is you have to Kayak out into the water and transfer on to the wave runner and they will take the Kayak back. That eliminated sharing with the kids. We couldn't go back to get them after we rode for awhile. So, plan accordingly! Once your on, that's it... its all yours until time is up. They will come get you when that happens.

The Cabanas are complementary. You might have to get a staff member to get you one of the Air Mattresses I spoke of before. A small gratuity just might do the trick! I think those special perks are normally reserved for the staying HOTEL Guests. Even if you pay to get in for the day, your not a hotel guest! The food was great and we all used up every bit of our $25 back in food coupons! They even have a really nice regular pool facility that you are also welcome to use. It was nice!

We will be back on the Mexican Riviera this Thanksgiving too! 11/17-24th. On a Princess Cruise. Only this time we will be in Cabo, PV, Mazatlan.

If you have been there before. Share what's best!

Thanks for all the great info. DH and I can't wait for our much needed down time together and Las Hadas sounds like it's going to be a great day for the two of us.

Yes, I have been to these ports. PV, we went on a city tour and Tequila Factory tour. Then just shopped around. In Mazatlan we went horse back ridding with Randi's Happy Horeses. We had a great time on that excursion. In Cabo we just did a beach resort excursion and the Lands End boat ride. We were able to rent a Wave Runner in Cabo. Had a blast. Hope you have a great time on your Thanksgiving cruise.

so how much would one expect to pay to get there?

there is an excursion for $85 a head.... which seems high if the day pass is $25-30

If I were you, I would NOT pay through the ship for the Excursion. There will be MANY MANY cabs waiting at the port when you get off the ship waiting to take you. Just tell them you want to goto Los Hadas Resort. Its a bit of a drive, all the way across the town. It should NOT run more than $3-4 us dollars per person. DO NOT PAY MORE! Go to another cab if they attempt to charge more.

Unless the $85 includes some extra things like Water Sport rentals equaling the rest of the value. I would say its not worth it at all.

Los Hadas was a wonderful day! It would be worth $85 if you didn't know any better. Go on your own and pay a cab. Make sure you watch your time during the day and leave in plenty of time to take the ride back and catch the ship....... You can easily get caught up in the relaxation there :-)

Have Fun!

Here are some pictures of Las Hadas. Click on the thubnail for a better view. One is the beautiful pool area, the other of the beach. Like others have said, don't do the ship's excursion- cabs are very plentiful and inexpensive. Also remember that you don't need to tip the cab driver! It's a great drive through the city to get to Las Hadas, almost a mini-excursion in itself! Just be sure to allow enough time back to the ship, traffic can get a little crazy when everyone is hustling to the port. We live in Manzanillo part-time and will be full -time there in March- let me know if you have any other questions.

Enjoy your day:)

93180363_LasHadas2.jpg.8381d1a46519007d873748e18dc62304.jpg

2037926648_lasHadas.jpg.f00b3291890720d362a31494f57475eb.jpg

We are headed to Manzanillo in November and Las Hadas sounds perfect! Do you just buy the day pass at the Hotel Front Desk?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Carnival is charging $85 and my husband and I are treating my parents for this cruise and all excursions so this could get pricey to say the least. Thanks in advance!

We are headed to Manzanillo in November and Las Hadas sounds perfect! Do you just buy the day pass at the Hotel Front Desk?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Carnival is charging $85 and my husband and I are treating my parents for this cruise and all excursions so this could get pricey to say the least. Thanks in advance!

We actually just took the cab there for the $3 per person and once you get to the Guard gate, they will exchange the money right there. It was $25 then. It seems I have read that the price has slightly gone up and no one mentioned the $25 back in Free food and drinks. Ask around on that one! Even if its gone up 5-10 per person, still well worth it in my opinion!

Hopefully you have an English speaking driver. It will make a difference because they can tell you about the city while driving and be able to answer your questions. Once your close to the resort, they will pull over to the side of the road and let you take some AMAZING AMAZING pictures, be sure to ask!

We live in Manzanillo part-time and will be full -time there in March- let me know if you have any other questions.

Enjoy your day:)

Karfest, please help! Since you live there part-time I figure you might be able to help me decide. I was all set for us to do a tour of the turtle sanctuary and the salt mines, but now after reading about Las Hadas I can't decide. Which would you recommend? Also, I think I read on another post that Paco (?) from Chimal Tours is a good guide. Have you heard anything about him or other guides in the area?

Definitely do it on your own. It will save you money for sure. You will paying resort prices for your food and drinks. The coupon book helps.

$7 for a drink.

Las Hadas is a great place and we would go back in a heart beat.

Karfest, please help! Since you live there part-time I figure you might be able to help me decide. I was all set for us to do a tour of the turtle sanctuary and the salt mines, but now after reading about Las Hadas I can't decide. Which would you recommend? Also, I think I read on another post that Paco (?) from Chimal Tours is a good guide. Have you heard anything about him or other guides in the area?

The turtle sanctuary in Cytulan is very interesting but the beaches are what I love about Manzanillo. I guess it depends if you are looking to learn something or just relax! I have not toured with Chimal tours, but have heard good things- we have used Federico or Arturo from Haro tours and have been extremely satisfied. They are fluent in English and quite personable. You will find that the people in Manzanillo are great, even if you get a taxi driver who doesn't speak English, he will do his best to tell you a little about himself and what you are seeing on the way to Las Hadas. W are working on our Spanish and some of our best (and funniest) conversations have been in taxis.

No matter what you decide, you will have a great time in Manzanillo!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

pjbucheit - We are thinking about going to Las Hadas in March. Please let us know how it is when you get back. :)[/quot

Michelle,

I will for sure tell you how Las Hadas is. We will be going there this Nov and I can't wait. It is the excursion that I am looking forward to the most. Just relaxing all day at that beautiful resort. It looks amazing.

• 1 month later...

I contacted the Resort via their web site, and Adriana Alvarez the

Concierge was most helpful securing Spa/massage appointments. She also said the the day-pass is $30 USD, with a coupon book, affirming that it is NOT necessary to buy the cruise package.

• 4 weeks later...
I contacted the Resort via their web site, and Adriana Alvarez the

Concierge was most helpful securing Spa/massage appointments. She also said the the day-pass is $30 USD, with a coupon book, affirming that it is NOT necessary to buy the cruise package.

Could you post the web site address - would love to contact them. Going on the Spirt in Jan/08

• 4 weeks later...
pjbucheit - We are thinking about going to Las Hadas in March. Please let us know how it is when you get back. :)[/quot

Michelle,

I will for sure tell you how Las Hadas is. We will be going there this Nov and I can't wait. It is the excursion that I am looking forward to the most. Just relaxing all day at that beautiful resort. It looks amazing.

My husband & I also are going on the Carnival Spirit in Jan. I would love to get any feed back on Las Hadas and the value. My email address is sharon_sorlie@hotmail.com

Archived