Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alasbound

Skagway Princess Yukon trips

We are booked on the Princess tour to the Yukon - bus up & train back. BBQ at Carcross.

We are wondering if this tour includes Emerald Lake? We've heard wonderful things about it & it's not mentioned on the tour, but thought if it's in the same area, it might not be listed specifically. Have seen other tours that sound very similar, but mention seeing the Huskies and Emerald Lake. I think that Liarsville is on a different tour.

Has anyone taken this tour & have any insight? Thanks!!!

We did this a couple of years ago and still think it was the best excursion we have done while on a cruise. On our trip there was a stop for about 15 minutes at a lake that was partially frozen at the time can’t recall the name. The bus stopped twice more before the turn around point. Have fun.

We are booked on the Princess tour to the Yukon - bus up & train back. BBQ at Carcross.

We are wondering if this tour includes Emerald Lake? We've heard wonderful things about it & it's not mentioned on the tour, but thought if it's in the same area, it might not be listed specifically. Have seen other tours that sound very similar, but mention seeing the Huskies and Emerald Lake. I think that Liarsville is on a different tour.

Has anyone taken this tour & have any insight? Thanks!!!

Hi,

DH and I took the WPRR/Yukon tour in 2005. We took the train to Frasier,BC then buses took us all the way to Carcross (and back to Skagway) where we had lunch. Emerald Lake was not on our tour but we had heard about it from people here on the boards and asked our guide if we could stop there. She did. It's only about five minutes up the road and I really don't know why it isn't (or wasn't at that time) on the tour anyway. Ask if it's a stop when you meet your guide and if not ask your guide if it's possible to stop there. It's beautiful.

Have done this tour before, left Skagway on busses, lunch included, then back on the train, it was outstanding.

Yes, Emerald Lake (photo stop) was on our tour.

We were on Coral June 4 and went to a lake right there at Carcross. I don't think it was Emerald lake , but it was beautiful. Thius tour was wonderful. We had a young girl Nicole as tour guide and she was outstanding.

Was on the Golden Princess 7/7/07-7/14/07. Took the Yukon bus tour out of Skagway. I would highly recommend the trip. There were several stops for photographs. I don't think Emerald Lake was a stop but the scenery is magnificent. Lunch is at Caribou Crossing, not Carcross but that is a stop there on the way back. While at Caribou Crossing we did the dog sled carts. Great fun!

We had an outstanding tour experience with Frontier last year while in Skagway. And Emerald Lake was included in our tour which was in a van. There were only 6 of us including the driver/tour guide!

Check out Ports of Call here on CC for Alaska info. That is where I found this company. Many glowing reports. We enjoyed the tour so much!! The price includes lunch too! :)

http://www.frontierexcursions.com/tour/y_disc/y_disc.html

Vada