princess no fun?

agrip76

True, in the past 'cruising' was geared to older pax, but today, you are way more likely to hear the likes of the Sex Pistols or Iggy Pop on Princess than say X or HAL.

Can't speak to the the ages on RCI or Carnival, but on our last Princess Star cruise Jan 07, the clubs were open the latest and were the busiest'

than any other previous X or HAL ship we've sailed.

Princess Idol contest is really geared to sub 40's....

We're 37 and 44, and always gravitate to the 20's and 30's somethings couples on board, especially hip young ens that share our off-beat musical taste. We were especially pleased on Princess to see late night pools and hot tubs open, and a buffet that never seemed to close.

IMO, Princess is a great line for 20's somethings.

jc

Toronto

We are going on the Emerald in October for the 10 day southern cruise for our honeymoon.

After we booked it, I have heard that it's no fun on Princess and that we will be the only young people on it.

Now we are not looking for a spring break party, but we want to have fun. I don't want to be on a retirement cruise. I have been on carnival, norwiegan and rcl and they were all fun. Can anyone comment?

Well, since you are 21 and on a honeymoon, why worry about the rest of the ship?

If so, maybe you need to go to "the carnival, norwiegan and rcl and they were all fun".

Happy honeymoon!!

Simple rules:

The longer the cruise the older the passengers.

The more expensive the cruise (on the same line) the older the passengers.

The shorter the cruise the more drinking. The longer the cruise the more coronaries.

Whether you think folk are 'old' or not depends on your definition of 'old'. I have a BIL who is a year older than me who I'm sure was BORN old. Got to be the most boring man on the planet. OTOH my DH dear uncle, who died when he was 86 was very popular with all the younger members of our family because he was 'young' in spirit and mind and didn't spend all his time carping on about 'the good old days' . He was interested in everything and everybody. We are looking forward to our first cruise next year and expect to meet with folk of ALL age groups - just as we do on our land based holidays. By then we will be 60 and 63 - and yes, we still like to rock 'n' roll and we definitely aren't the first to leave the bar! Age is an attitude of mind. If you get talking to a few older folk on your cruise, don't just write them off - some of us are interesting and fun! Have a wonderful honeymoon and a great cruise.;)

Ros

We are going on the Emerald in October for the 10 day southern cruise for our honeymoon.

After we booked it, I have heard that it's no fun on Princess and that we will be the only young people on it.

Now we are not looking for a spring break party, but we want to have fun. I don't want to be on a retirement cruise. I have been on carnival, norwiegan and rcl and they were all fun. Can anyone comment?

You'll be fine. There are always an array of ages on a cruise ship. Just remember that a cruise is what you make it. Plus, you can enjoy people of all ages. Once I had the opportunity to go on a land vacation in which I was the youngest adult. Boy, did I have the time of my life being "the baby"----I received a ton of attention from everyone and that was way cool.

DD and new SIL just went on a carnival cruise for their honeymoon, DD had been on Star P two years ago with family. She came back to report that Princess will be her chose in the future. She liked the atmosphere, late nite buffet, open pools, and mix of pax better. They are 23.

• 2 weeks later...

i would stay with the princess cruise. i had just turned 23 on my first princess cruise (it was my birthday present) and we had a great time. i did princess again the following year. i will for sure go on another princess cruise in the future. i am just picking cruise lines that are best for my schedule at the moment so i am not loyal to just one line. i think that this works out best as far as pricing goes.. but anyway there are a ton of things to do and you will have a great time...dont worry so much!!

its funny cuz my brother (17) said to me yesterday that he hears its more of a older crowd too..but i read in another tihng that lots of teens are on it.im 19..just wondering cuz its our first princess if this is true..wil we meet lots of teeen or is it more of an older crew.

its funny cuz my brother (17) said to me yesterday that he hears its more of a older crowd too..but i read in another tihng that lots of teens are on it.im 19..just wondering cuz its our first princess if this is true..wil we meet lots of teeen or is it more of an older crew.

It is an older crowd while school is in session. But, this is true on all cruiselines and not just Princess. What ship and when are you going? Also the itinerary and length of days make another difference of age group.

We had a blast on the Diamond Princess last March because it was Spring break but on the Caribbean Princess we took in April was older adults and in October it had a younger crowd simply because it was going to the Western Caribbean.

We cruise Princess in off season usually and have never been on a Caribbean sailing where there were not 20-30-somethings. I really don't think you have anything to worry about! Club Fusion and Explorers have dancing every night, comedians etc. And Skywalkers has always been popular for late night ex. possibly first night out..

Agrip,

My husband and I were 26 when we went on the Caribbean Princess, joined the roll call, and have friends (albeit, they could be the age of our aunts/uncles or parents!) that we still keep in touch with! We had a blast, and like the above posters say, it is all what you make of it. We never even made it to Skywalkers...we will make it this time as we are going on the Crown in Sept and can't wait!

5 cruises later we still haven't made it to Skywalkers at night which we planned on our first cruise:D :D We get there to relax in the day and socialize:rolleyes:

We started cruising Princess in our 30's and really enjoy it:D

It is an older crowd while school is in session. But, this is true on all cruiselines and not just Princess. What ship and when are you going? Also the itinerary and length of days make another difference of age group.

We had a blast on the Diamond Princess last March because it was Spring break but on the Caribbean Princess we took in April was older adults and in October it had a younger crowd simply because it was going to the Western Caribbean.

were goin on the crown princess aug. 10th to the 19th..so a 9 days cruise. we are all excitred though, but i was jw what the night life was like for our ages and if we wil meet a group of kids our age as well.

CRUISELOVER88 - You will have a great time. Especially if you are going on August 10th. (I actually had booked that cruise with my family - including three girls - the oldest is 17.) Though we had to cancel due to scheduling problems with the teens, we had been to the Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess last August. There were just short of 200 young people between 18 and 20 on the ship. Additionally, there was a large number of 21 - 29 year olds on the cruise as well. Princess plans many activites for all age groups. Naturally, if you like a rock climbing wall, or an ice rink, you won't find that on the Crown, but you will find lots of great people and many fun things to do.

Enjoy your cruise.

What is your definition of young? My wife and I are both 26 and we'll be on that same wonderful 10-day cruise with you......

So there you have it...more young people!

Cruises are what you make of it...if you think it'll suck.....then it will suck, if you think it's going to be great, then of course it's going to be great!

How right you are!!

Not much difference between RCI and Princess from my point of view. Relax and enjoy - it's what you make of it!

It better be fun as I'm going on the 10-day Emerald Caribbean cruise

in April:D

Seriously though, in 7 Princess cruises, all except one have been fantastic.

In fact, I think the age mixture was and has been excellent on Princess.

Although I've met some people who have told me the night life wasn't

too great on some Princess cruises, I beg to differ, whether it's been

the Alaska cruise, the Caribbean or anywhere else, for that matter.

The last cruise along the Mexican Riviera had quite the nightlife crowd.

To the OP, if you are really curious about the age group while onboard. You do realize it is possible to contact Princess and ask about the approximate number of individuals your age on that cruise. And by the way I am 40 and have been known to be one the last people up doing the Bonfire dance at the cabin. If you know what I mean. ;)

Was on the Coral to Alaska in June. Was a honeymoon cruise. We had a great time but did not do a lot of ship activities. Got off the ship the 3 port days . Spent a lot of time in the room:eek: . Guess we would be in the old catergory here . Middle 50's

I don't see any ages mentioned for you, but I'm going to assume you are somewhere in your 20s...

We're in our late 50s... Several of the longer cruises (14 days+) we've been on in the past (not only Princess), 70% are older folks... 75+.

BUT, there are always plenty of newlyweds and younger couples also. We love to dance actually enjoy having the Disco to ourselves!! And you'd be surprised at how much fun those older couples can be. They make look a little older, but they are truely young at heart and want to have fun just like everyone else.

Besides... the only time we see the honeymooners is at dinner time towards the end of the cruise... the rest of the time... well, who knows :D

were goin on the crown princess aug. 10th to the 19th..so a 9 days cruise. we are all excitred though, but i was jw what the night life was like for our ages and if we wil meet a group of kids our age as well.

Although I have not been on the Crown Princess yet, I can tell you because you are going during the prime time of the younger families since school is out there should be plenty of teens your age and lots of activities geared for you plus there is Skywalkers for your evening entertainment get togethers and dancing. Have fun!

We just took the 9 day on the Crown for our Honeymoon and had such a great time! We made some great friends with whom we are still talking too- and hopefully will sail with them in April! The best part is that the first couple we met from dinner are in their 70's -- we met them at Crooner's for Martini's every night and had such a great time!:D The other couple are in their 50-60's and they were on an excursion with us--Some of the most boring people we say every night were our age-- in their late 20's LOL!!:p

Keep an open mind, you meet so many great people. You are on vacation, so relax and enjoy! If I'm cruisin' I can't possibly have a bad time!!:eek:

Cruises are what you make of it...if you think it'll suck.....then it will suck, if you think it's going to be great, then of course it's going to be great!

Truer words were never spoken! If you go with a positive attitude, you'll have a great cruise.

Archived