What dock in San Francisco

cruzingduo

Usually the cruise ships come in right around Pier 35. Its definitely walkable to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf from there. If you come in down a little further from there you can still get to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf by the street car that runs down the Embarcadero, the F. Its $1.50 to ride, and they're the classic streetcars so it might be a little fun to ride on. Either way, I hope you enjoy your cruise and your trip to San Francisco!

What kinds of things are you into? There's so much to do here! There's Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf where you can get yummy clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl at Boudin. You can take the bus just about anywhere. There's North Beach (Little Italy) with great Italian food. There's tons of shopping around Union Square which you can get to by taking the F streetcar. You can also catch a cable car from Fisherman's Wharf to Union Square. Just a few ideas!

I believe the Hyde St. cablecar stops at the top of Lombard St. Great pics. The Hyde St. Cablecarr turnaround is near Ghiradelli sq, not far from the Wharf & Pier 39. Alternatively, you could take a cab, it's not far. To get to Coit tower I do think you have to take a cab. I just remember the turn off as being off Columbus Ave in Little Italy. Have a great trip.

If your ship docks at Pier 35, you'll see Coit Tower almost directly above you on Telegraph Hill. If you're adventurous (and have lots of energy and strong legs!) you can climb up some really steep streets or staircases to get there, but it might be worth it to hail a cab.

Chinatown is close. If you go there, the touristy shops and restaurants are on Grant Avenue but you should also go one block up the hill to Stockton Street, which is where the real Chinese live and shop. One block below Grant Avenue, you can catch a bus on Kearny Street that will get you back within walking distance of Pier 35.

Enjoy your cruise, and I hope you enjoy San Francisco!

Archived