Tahitian Princess early or late seating?

daboo

Hi Everyone,

I will be on the Tahitian Princess in March 2005, (on my honeymoon) and was wondering, if you have any suggestions regarding which seating to book for dinner? After looking at a few different threads, I think that we may enjoy a table for 6 or 8, but I still am not sure which seating to book. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Tanya

We took late seating and loved it! Honestly, after a full day, hubby and I always needed a little nap after coming back from excursions. We would order room service, veg out a little and then get up and get dressed for dinner - usually a pre-dinner drink on the balcony, too!! Early seating would have been too rushed most days.

We've been on both the early and late seatings on our two TP cruises (both in March - 2003 & 2004) and greatly prefer the late seating. After being out in the sun and water all day on the various tours we really liked relaxing on our balcony when we got back. Early seating was just to rushed for me. I never felt like I had time to relax. Now, that being said we really did not go to the shows before late seating. We enjoyed our tablemates and didn't want to rush out of the dining room. We did enjoy going up to the lounge after dinner and listening to the combo they had playing and also participated in some of the passenger activities like "lip sync" night.

We are booked again on the March 10, 2006 TP and have chosen late seating. Most of the CC friends we made on both our TP cruises are booked on this cruise with us too. Looks like the "Shangri-las" will be performing again at the "lip sync". Plus we have the hula-hoop champion two years in a row sailing with us. Looks like we will have some late night fun on our next cruise so I will need that nap inbetween tours and dinner time.

Jackie

I hadn't thought about a little nap or drink before dinner. Those sound like good ideas. So if you have a late seating dinner, the show is on before your seating, is that correct?

If you like to do stuff on the islands, I would definately choose late. There were a couple of nights we and our CC friends were lucky to be back on board with enough time to get ready for late seating :). We have late seating again in January. I hate having to rush to get ready for dinner.

I would definitely say late. After a long day in the sun, it was nice to unwind before we went off to dinner. We were on the 8th March cruise with New York Lady. Most of the C.C. group were on the early sitting but we prefer to eat later at home anyhow. We found the shows for the late sitting were put on around 7.30pm which was great. We were able to go them and then have dinner and not have to rush. It is the best cruise!

Jennie

Since I have been on the boards, eveyrone keeps saying that it is the best cruise. Now I know I picked a great place to go for our honeymoon! :) Still haven't decided on early or late seating though. ? Do you 'miss' anything by going to one or the other?

• 1 month later...

We originally had the late seating on this cruise. We had to switch to the early seating because we were so exhausted by the time the late seating started, we are from CA, so the late seating was equivalent to 11pm our time, so by then, we were ready to go to bed, which we did every night after that.

It is so hot and humid there and we did so many activities during the day, it was hard to stay up later than 9-10pm most nights, The ealry seating was much better for us.

and we're youngins, 29 and 28, so it was weird that we were going to bed so early, but again, 8pm dinner was 11pm CA time....way too late!

We always have late sitting for dinner...........

but be warned .........

Usually the first sitting for dinner is the most popular on cruises,

but onTahitian Princess the late sitting is the most popular,and it is heavily booked...........

so much so ,that on our cruise they had to put extra tables in the lounge bar outside the dining room ,to cater for the demand.

After a day in paradise it is wonderful to unwind and relax ,with a cool drink,.....the evenings are so warm and restful ......then go to dinner.

we had a hard time getting to the late seating a couple of times when we were overnighting on Raiatea and BB :) . We had a great time on Raiatea sharing a couple bottles of wine with our CC friends at a dockside cafe. We all had to rush back to get changed.

Archived