RB's Daily WW Chat

RB Bonzo

I love this thread. About three years ago I lost 33 pounds on WW, with

about 15 more to go. Then came a layoff, marriage, and new job, and

slowly the weight has crept back. With the way I work I can't get to

meetings, so I have rejoined again online. Last week lost 1.6. I have

a really hard time with the water, but did learn last time around that

the more water you drink, the more you lose, so I am really trying.

The article about the diet soda is very interesting. I used to drink a

couple a week, but I think I am done. I need all the help I can get.

Can you post the link??:D

Ok, I'm not sure how to send you the link but will give you as much info about the thread as possible:

It's on the Lose Before You Cruise Forum on a thread called "Diet/Fitness Tools & Lines on page 1 of the forum list.

Hope this helps. If you can't find it let me know.

Maureen

Glad it worked and you understood me:D :D Wish my kids would listen as well:rolleyes:

I'm going to be off topic here because I just realized your going on the Seattle to Sydney cruise in Sept. I'm so jealous! I feel like I know you Julia because we both loved a certain "Live" report that we can't talk about or we are gone:(

I notice on your roll call they are talking about Alcatraz Tickets make sure they give themselves plenty of time to get to the ferries, if your late they won't put you on another and won't refund. Use the Government site;

http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/website/press-room.aspx you won't be gouged that way.

I live outside SF about 20 minutes if you have any questions I will do what I can to help.

Sorry for hijacking the thread guys, I'll be a good girl now.

Dianne

Have you stalled out in your weight loss efforts? Did a bad weekend lead to a bad week? Is your weight starting to go back up, and you are starting to feel hopeless?

Well, it is surprisingly easy to get back on track - all it takes are three steps, as shown by someone on another board post the following by Ralph Marston:

If you're headed in a negative direction, getting back on track may seem hopelessly out of reach. Yet by taking just three steps you can completely change your prospects for the better.

Take one positive step, and you'll stop moving backwards. Take a second positive step, and you'll begin moving forward.

Then take the third step in a positive direction, and suddenly you've established real momentum. From that point, each successive positive effort comes more naturally and easily.

No matter how low you may be, at any point you are just three steps away from a whole different outlook. Just three small, positive actions can get you headed solidly in a new, empowering direction.

In addition, taking three positive steps will give you a real sense of commitment. These actions will get you quickly and firmly invested in your own success.

Wherever you are now, you are just three steps away from being well on your way to whatever goal you choose. Now is indeed the best time to act.

-- Ralph Marston

What three steps can you take today to help bring you closer to your weight loss goals?

What do you think?

Onward and downward!

What three steps can you take today to help bring you closer to your weight loss goals?

1. Increase my water consumption.

2. Stop sneaking pistachio nuts without counting them in my journal.

3. Measure all of my food.

1. Increase my water consumption.

2. Stop sneaking pistachio nuts without counting them in my journal.

3. Measure all of my food.

Wow! RB - thanks for sharing that very powerful message with everyone!

my 3 steps are:

1. I will continue to drink my water

2. I will climb the 3 flights of stairs to my office instead of taking the elevator

3. I will do a physical activity every day

Maureen

I'm going to be off topic here because I just realized your going on the Seattle to Sydney cruise in Sept. I'm so jealous! I feel like I know you Julia because we both loved a certain "Live" report that we can't talk about or we are gone:(

I notice on your roll call they are talking about Alcatraz Tickets make sure they give themselves plenty of time to get to the ferries, if your late they won't put you on another and won't refund. Use the Government site;

http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/website/press-room.aspx you won't be gouged that way.

I live outside SF about 20 minutes if you have any questions I will do what I can to help.

Sorry for hijacking the thread guys, I'll be a good girl now.

Dianne

Dianne, thanks for the info, I am going to call them tomorrow.

We are planning a ride on the trolley, a quick look at Lombard street, Sundaes at Gheradellis and soup at the wharf and Alcatraz and hope we can fit it all in there are 4 kids and 4 adults so trying to make it a fun day for the kids:D

Tomorrow 8 weeks we fly to SEA to meet our Auzzie and Seattle friends:D

Julia~You are going to have a ball, The director of operations left me a message they should be selling tickets by the end of next week maybe earlier.(sp?)

*********~Congrats on the 2 pounds, even with cheese cake! Good for you!!

I'm heading to Las Vegas tomorrow but I'm going to stay with my plan and walk as much as I can.

Have a nice weekend everyone,

Dianne

That National Weight Control Registry, which I posted on in some other threads, reports that one of the strategies employed by most of the registrants who have successfully lost more than 30 lbs and kept it off for more than 2 years, is to eat the same during weekends and holidays as they do during the rest of the week.

What do you think?

Onward and downward!

That National Weight Control Registry, which I posted on in some other threads, reports that one of the strategies employed by most of the registrants who have successfully lost more than 30 lbs and kept it off for more than 2 years, is to eat the same during weekends and holidays as they do during the rest of the week.

What do you think?

Onward and downward!

I stay on program during weekends and holidays. During those times, I am more likely to be in situations where it is more difficult - e.g., parties, get-togethers, eating out, traveling away from home. I usually get more activity in during those times, which helps to balance it out. Still, I tend to weigh myself daily, and I've noticed that my weight level cycles, with peaks on Mondays and valleys on Friday.

Sometimes I'll give myself a pass for a limited time, but I'll won't completely revert to told habits, and I get right back on track afterwards.

I usually stay on track on the weekends. Holidays are another matter, i usually cheat. Only on the big holidays, Thanksggiving, Christmas, New Years, and Easter.On the weekends if we go out i have a hard time,not really with the food but the drinks. My friends get annoyed with me because i dont want to go out and drink a million drinks. They just dont get it. Of course they all battle their weight too, i dont think they realize that alcohol is empty calories, personnly i would rather eat my points than drink them. I like to go out and drink wine but sometimes it just goes down to smoothly and i have too many glasses and that just screws up the week for me.

I usually stay on track on the weekends. Holidays are another matter, i usually cheat. Only on the big holidays, Thanksggiving, Christmas, New Years, and Easter.On the weekends if we go out i have a hard time,not really with the food but the drinks. My friends get annoyed with me because i dont want to go out and drink a million drinks. They just dont get it. Of course they all battle their weight too, i dont think they realize that alcohol is empty calories, personnly i would rather eat my points than drink them. I like to go out and drink wine but sometimes it just goes down to smoothly and i have too many glasses and that just screws up the week for me.

Oh my goodness, I know EXACTLY how you feel. My friends love to go out for Happy Hour and during the weekends, and I do once in a while, but I do better OP if I just say no. However, I don't want to sacrifice my social life, so it's hard. :cool:

On another note, I have some WW challenges coming up this week, any thoughts on how I can manuver through them? On Saturday, I have my company picnic (so hotdogs, burgers, beer). On Monday, my fiancé and I have our tasting for our wedding reception (yay!). I'm trying "mediterranean chicken" so my plan is to watch the portions and skip the bread basket. I have no idea how I'm going to count points though. :confused:

Next Friday, I will be attending my cousin's wedding. Same food obstacles as my Monday tasting, plus booze! It's going to be a tough week with 2 heavy meals plus a party. :(

Any thoughts? Maybe I'll Kick up the workouts, too?

Thanks everyone, and have a good weekend!!!

-Rachel

Archived