RB's Daily WW Chat

RB Bonzo

We are missing RB!

As this is supposed to be daily chat, I thought I had better post.

Had a good day again, ate all my points and that included Roast Beef, Dry roast potatoes, lots of veg, gravy and a bought Yorkshire Pudding (because they are only half a point each)

Had homemade Classic Summer pudding with 0% Greek yogurt for dessert. As friend came over for lunch we had 'Sunday Roast' a day early.

Cinnamon

I thought of posting earlier but just didn't have anything as good as RB to add:D :D

Your meal sounds yummy.

I didn't do nearly as good today, had the munchies a bit but did stay within my points and hadn't had any fruit or veg so dinner was a big salad with chicken breast and FF dressing:D

6 weeks till my trip and I hope I can loose another 5lb before then:eek: :rolleyes:

I didn't do nearly as good today, had the munchies a bit but did stay within my points and hadn't had any fruit or veg so dinner was a big salad with chicken breast and FF dressing:D

6 weeks till my trip and I hope I can loose another 5lb before then:eek: :rolleyes:

Julia, if I had 'the munchies' I would be way over my points. You did very well. Congratulations.

Cinnamon

Julia, you can do it. 5 opounds in 6 weeks is totaly doable.:)

I know it's doable but it's like I'm at the stage where I am doing a pound a week no more no less:eek: I was down 28lbs this morning and very happy and love all my clothes being loose and some that I couldn't fit into and never got around to taking back to the store are actually loose now:D

Julia, if I had 'the munchies' I would be way over my points. You did very well. Congratulations.

Cinnamon

I stocked up on dried edamame, hostess cake cupcakes, quaker mini delights and other 1 and 2 point snacks so that when I have the munchies I use those, sometimes I will take a dish and measure out the edamame, 1/2 portion of wheat pretzels, etc and munch on those so I don't reach for the bad bad stuff and it usually satisfies me:rolleyes: after a lot of convincing.

I just thought i would give this thread a bump. I made it through the weekend without cheating YAY. RB comes up with such good topics, i cant think of any.Anybody else have any ideas?

RB should be a leader:D Cause he sure is leading this group.

I too am bad with thinking of topics

How about what everyone has for low point snacking maybe we can get some new ideas to try stuff:D

My healthy snacks......

1. Apple crisp, I use a high fiber cereal about 1/2 cup in a bowl and chop up a granny smith apple with skin on, microwave for 1 minute, dash some da vinci sugar free syrup and a dolop of FF cool whip - Yummy

2. Hummus and crackers or vegetables

3. dried edamame, wheat pretzels

4. hostess cakes

I stocked up on dried edamame, hostess cake cupcakes, quaker mini delights and other 1 and 2 point snacks so that when I have the munchies I use those, sometimes I will take a dish and measure out the edamame, 1/2 portion of wheat pretzels, etc and munch on those so I don't reach for the bad bad stuff and it usually satisfies me:rolleyes: after a lot of convincing.

I have no idea what edamame is! Another 'across the pond' thing I think.

Cinnamon

Hi,

I am also doing WW and am 5lbs from 10%, have 11 weeks until I cruise... I am NOT as faithful as I should be to my points...:rolleyes: However this works for me..

I do better @ work then @ home, because at home I can graze..-

My snack- that works would be the FiberOne bars- they are 1 point, 9grams of fiber in there- so I try and have one in my desk drawer, in case my coworkers decide that ice cream sundaes @ 3pm is a good thing!

I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me is this is a duplicate:

My leader gave me this saying and I have posted @ work.

It is a stop & think :

HALT

Hungry

Angry

Lonely

Tried

the only reason above that you should eat is Hungry!!

I try to remember to do this;) :rolleyes: :)

This year we added STRESS to this ....:D

take care everyone,

Kathy

I have no idea what edamame is! Another 'across the pond' thing I think.

Cinnamon

Edamame is soybeans, we order them when we go for sushi and they boil them in the pods and sprinkle them with salt.

I have managed to find a couple of places that have dried roasted ones, they are high in fiber and like eating peanuts.

I also buy them in the pods and shelled in the freezer section at the health food grocery stores - my Son loves them and they are healthy.

Hi,

I am also doing WW and am 5lbs from 10%, have 11 weeks until I cruise... I am NOT as faithful as I should be to my points...:rolleyes: However this works for me..

I do better @ work then @ home, because at home I can graze..-

My snack- that works would be the FiberOne bars- they are 1 point, 9grams of fiber in there- so I try and have one in my desk drawer, in case my coworkers decide that ice cream sundaes @ 3pm is a good thing!

I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me is this is a duplicate:

My leader gave me this saying and I have posted @ work.

It is a stop & think :

HALT

Hungry

Angry

Lonely

Tried

the only reason above that you should eat is Hungry!!

I try to remember to do this

This year we added STRESS to this ....:D

take care everyone,

Kathy

Kathy - Welcome

That is a great post thanks for putting it out here for all of us to ponder over:D

I t sounds like you are doing well and everyone is different so if it works for you keep it up:)

Love those fiber one bars - of course I love the peanutbutter ones which are 3 points and DH loves the choc and oat ones which are 2 points - are you capping the fiber at 4 points to get one point or using another flavor???

Hey everyone,

Seems like everyone is doing well! Since I've become really focused on losing weight (about 12 weeks ago) I made my 10% today!!!! :D

(You might also see me on the 10% thread but I joined that thread not too long ago so that is a different 10% number...)

I can't believe I made it! :eek:

(On a side note, I love the 100 calorie snack packs and Special K bars, all are 2 points)

Several of the microwave popcorns have individual packs that are only 1 point. Nothing is better for curing munchies that hot popcorn. I love the kettle corn one since it gives me a slight sugar fix at the same time:)

Also, if you can find No Pudge brownie mix, you can make individual brownies. They are two points each, but really help the chocolate cravings. You mix two tablespoons of the mix with 1 tablespoon plain, non-fat yogurt. I put it in a small glass cup and microwave for 60 seconds. It comes out hot and wonderful.

Hey everyone,

Seems like everyone is doing well! Since I've become really focused on losing weight (about 12 weeks ago) I made my 10% today!!!! :D

(You might also see me on the 10% thread but I joined that thread not too long ago so that is a different 10% number...)

I can't believe I made it! :eek:

(On a side note, I love the 100 calorie snack packs and Special K bars, all are 2 points)

Congrats on your 10%:) :)

Oh I forgot, other low point snacks I like ..........

60 calorie sugar free puddings all 3 flavours are yummy and only 1 point.

I also use a low point box cake (usually devils food mix) and add one 12oz can of diet soda, pour in 9 x 13 pan and bake. calculate points depending on mix and servings - also yummy and I serve with FF cool whip.

Sure I will remember a couple more when a senior moment or 2 wears off:D :rolleyes:

Julia, for your cake do you add only the soda? No eggs or anything? Does it still come out cakey? How many points? It sounds great, and I've been craving something moist and chewy like that. I like the ww cakes, they are 1 point, but sometimes a little dry, and really small!

I like the 100 calorie packs, but be careful, some are 3 points. Popcorn is always good, and I found some 1 point and free popscicles that feel like a treat.

I had a hungry day today and have been munching alot, but have stayed within my points. Hopefully tomorrow won't be such a challenge.

Beth

Julia, for your cake do you add only the soda? No eggs or anything? Does it still come out cakey? How many points? It sounds great, and I've been craving something moist and chewy like that. I like the ww cakes, they are 1 point, but sometimes a little dry, and really small!

I like the 100 calorie packs, but be careful, some are 3 points. Popcorn is always good, and I found some 1 point and free popscicles that feel like a treat.

I had a hungry day today and have been munching alot, but have stayed within my points. Hopefully tomorrow won't be such a challenge.

Beth

I just add the soda to the cake, I normally look at the mixes and find the one with the lowest fat content and normally get about 15 servings out, my kids like it so they have most of it luckily for me.

You can mix or match cake mixes with different soda flavours but I normally have diet coke in the house and DH loves chocolate so I try use a devil cake mix, the cake serving is normally for 1/12 of the mix so I calculate the points and then divide by the 15 servings - normally 1.5 to 2 points.

It's good, easy, cheap and no mess, I did it in cupcakes but found them very moist and more mess to make.

Glad you managed to stay within points and munch:D

Just found this muffin recipe on another board and thought I would post it.

I am going to try it but once again will bake it in a 9X13 dish

Sounds yummy and will do it on the weekend - if anyone tries it let me know:D

1 box angel food cake mix

-1 can of light crushed pineapple ( DO NOT DRAIN!!!)

Mix Together well. Pour into a lined muffin tin.

Bake According to Cake Box Directions.

Congrats RachieLnnn on losing 10%. You are getting on really well.

I have found over here some Iced Lollies (popsicles?) that are called Smoothies. They are 65% fruit puree and 82 calories for the strawberry and banana flavour ( 1 point), 97 for the mango flavour (1.5 points). They are delicious, take a while to eat, being frozen and feel like a real pud.

Cinnamon

Congrats RachieLnnn on losing 10%. You are getting on really well.

I have found over here some Iced Lollies (popsicles?) that are called Smoothies. They are 65% fruit puree and 82 calories for the strawberry and banana flavour ( 1 point), 97 for the mango flavour (1.5 points). They are delicious, take a while to eat, being frozen and feel like a real pud.

Cinnamon

I'm partial to mango so sounds yummy to me, good find for low points.

I have just posted on the 10% board a rant about portion control. If you read this board only, do go over there and have a read.

Cinnamon

Read your post - thanks as I never go to that thread.

It is hard to control portion size when going out the food is about 3-4 portions but I have learn't to take it home for lunch or dinner or even if the dogs eat it it is better than on my hips:D

I found for a while I was also keeping up with DH but now that we are both OP it really helps and is one of the reasons I like the flex instead of the core - we need to learn portion control and when we are inhaling our food you go from starved to stuffed without getting to 'satisfied' to know when to stop.:D

Archived