Anyone Take The Catamaran/Snorkel/Beach Party Excursion

cruizinronnie

Did this last July and my family loved it. (me-38, DH40, DD5, MIL65 ) we took the first tour which gave us a chance to get back to the ship to change and do some shopping in town before the ship left. The early tour was not much of a party boat. They opened the bar after the snorkling. Drinks were free on the beach. Burgers were $8 and OK. The beach and snorkling were awesome. We are both scuba divers and have been to Cozumel about 10 times. We don't dive anymore due to sinuses but felt that this was a great experience. We are doing a similar tour in Jamaica because we loved this one so much. Have a great trip!

Did this last July and my family loved it. (me-38, DH40, DD5, MIL65 ) we took the first tour which gave us a chance to get back to the ship to change and do some shopping in town before the ship left. The early tour was not much of a party boat. They opened the bar after the snorkling. Drinks were free on the beach. Burgers were $8 and OK. The beach and snorkling were awesome. We are both scuba divers and have been to Cozumel about 10 times. We don't dive anymore due to sinuses but felt that this was a great experience. We are doing a similar tour in Jamaica because we loved this one so much. Have a great trip!

Thanks Balla, i appreciate the info. I am going to book it today.

Ditto that. The catamaran sail and snorkel was the HIGHLIGHT of our cruise! I hope you get the two young guys with the stereo blaster--we did line dances on the way back! I couldn't snorkel because I had a broken toe, but I still had a fantastic time! We're going to do another one in Roatan this year, just because we had so much fun.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
We plan on doing this excursion in Sept. Does anyone know the time this excursion starts? We want to get in some shopping. Would it be...say 9 a.m. or later? Thanks!

I booked it already through Carnival and on my reservations page it shows 9:30 - 1:00. In port until 6:00 on my cruise.

Hope this helps.

I've been on several snorkeling excursions in the past and I've never had a problem or seen anyone that had something missing. I would imagine that most everyone will have a bag of some sort due to the beach party being included. As for money and ID's I always buy one of the small plastic dry storage containers in the ship's store and keep it around my neck. I figure if I have my ID, credit cards and some cash I can at least get back to the ship. Also on water based excurions I take a few disposable dive cameras. They take good pictures in and out of the water, if you would like to see them they are in my webshots. The snuba pictures in the St. Thomas album and the pictures I took from a Jet Ski in the bay at Orient Beach are in the St. Marteen album. You can also see the small "dry container" around my nexck in some of them. Have a great cruise!!!

Cruizinronnie - Can you tell me about snuba. My kids want to scuba on our next cruise but have never done it before. Can you compare the two? Should we start out with snuba? I am under the impression that they are basically the same experience but snube you don't have the tank on.

Cruizinronnie - Can you tell me about snuba. My kids want to scuba on our next cruise but have never done it before. Can you compare the two? Should we start out with snuba? I am under the impression that they are basically the same experience but snube you don't have the tank on.

Jacky,

IMO, I would definately let them do Snuba first. It isn't very deep and much cheaper (similar price to snorkeling). Reason being is my wife has snorkeled for years and has no fears but she couldn't snuba (panicked and couldn't get the breathing downed) and now will not even consider scuba. She stayed on the surface and still had a good time. It was very effortless to get used to for me, I am moving up to the beginner scuba next month in Grand Cayman and plan on gtting certified before our next cruise. Hope this helps.

Archived