Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gorjac

Costa Victoria Oct 8th

My husband and daughter and I are leaving from Toronto, Canada to Rome on October 8th sailing on the Costa Victoria, first time cruising for us, so would like any helpful information.

Not sure on what to do for transfer to ship on October 8th from Airport. Also any suggestions for reasonable hotels in Rome, we will stay 4 days post cruise in Rome.

Thanks

We are too on this cruise on 8th October.

There is some very useful information on the thread Kasi1979 has given the link for.

Thanks for responding sugarbabe61, I see you have been on a few Costa Cruises, we have heard great things about the cruise line and this ship. It is our very first time cruising so not even sure what to expect!! Any advice you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

1. How do you typically transfer from Airport to Ship? Cost etc.

We have thoroughly enjoyed all our Costa cruises. We also have Costa Europa, Jewels of the Emirates booked for Feb 2008. We have only ever cruised 2 British Ships and Costa so cannot compare it to other lines, but we enjoy cruising Italian Style hence why we are repeat customers. Costa ships are very glitzy. Costa Fortuna was a stunning ship and Costa Classica was an older ship but had a great atmosphere. Costa Victoria looks quite glitzy. We have booked an inside cabin as this was supposed to be a cheap week holiday, however adding a single cabin onto the booking has made it quite expensive :eek:

We book a package which includes flights, transfers and cruise. I am not sure whether you can do this in USA or Canada but you could check with your TA or Costa if you have booked direct with them.

We will do our own thing in the Ports as the excursions are quite expensive. We did excursions on our last cruise around the Emirates and they really weren't worth the cost.

We are taking my mum and it will be her first cruise.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

Wendy