Xel-Ha how to get there

SPCSC

This question has been posted many times, many ways, but I am still unsure....We are travelling on the Inspiration with Carnival. I would like to go only to Xel-Ha. The Carnival Excursion groups this tour with Tulum. We have been to the Tulum Ruins before and would like to go straight to Xel-Ha to have more time there. Has anyone off of the Inspiration actually went to Xel-Ha on their own and how did you accomplish this? Please be specific with driving times and costs etc. Because it is more than 30 minutes from the pier I am leary of doing this on our own, but as mentioned the cruiseline is not offering it as it's own excursion.

Anyone who has done the combined Tulum/Xel-ha tour please reply as well, as to how much time was spent at Tulum and how many hours you had left for Xel-Ha.

Thanks Much!

We've done this. It was a couple of years ago, so I don't remember the rates. We had a group of 8, and we picked up two taxis right off the ship. The rates are all posted. That's the best way to get there, IMHO. It's not a long drive - seems like it was less than thirty minutes (if I remember correctly). We've been to Xel-Ha 4 times now. The first time, we did the Tulum/Xel-Ha excursion; it was okay, but we didn't get near enough time at Xel-Ha to suit us. We vowed then that, given the opportunity again, we would get our own transporation to Xel-Ha and skip the Tulum part, so that's what we've done. There are a lot of taxis waiting at Xel-Ha, so getting back will not be a problem. I would highly recommend getting to Xel-Ha this way, and avoiding the tour.

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated. I really do not want the tour as I want more time for Xel-Ha as you said.

Good to know there are taxis waiting for afterwards. We would leave extra early just to be sure as well!

Archived