Trinidad Tobago

nosmothj

Thanks for clarifying! We've just transferred to this cruise after Princess cancelled our other one on the Caribbean Princess, and I thought they'd maybe changed the itinerary - while they are in a "changing mood" LOL. Have emailed Banwari and hopefully we will be able to combine a few hours on Maracas beach with a tour of the northern tip of Trinidad.

I may be back with more questions....:D

Just returned from Tobago on the Azamara Quest. We arranged to go on a snorkel excursion with Cocomotion and had a great time. It is a cigarette boat and there were about 12 of us. We stopped at one spot to snorkel, at another beach there was too much wave action so we walked on the black and brown sand beach. It was gorgeous. Then we went to the Nylon Pool probably a mile off shore in water not even up to our knees.

Highly recommended.

Bodger

Were you very satisfied with Cocomotion? My husband and I will be in Tobago in December and we are looking for a dependable tour operator..

Thanks,

Jancruz1

Andrew (from Banwari) has emailed me back and we are booked on his North Coast Beach Hop and Beach Stop tour. He wanted to know how we'd heard about him, so I told him how fantastic these boards are and how a good review/recommendation is good for business. :D

Thanks for your help.

Andrew (from Banwari) has emailed me back and we are booked on his North Coast Beach Hop and Beach Stop tour. He wanted to know how we'd heard about him, so I told him how fantastic these boards are and how a good review/recommendation is good for business. :D

Thanks for your help.

My pleasure! I hope you'll enjoy your day with Andrew as much as we did.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Liz,

Hubby & I are on the same cruise as you - we too received an e-mail back from Andrew @ Banwari that we are booked on his tour but he provided no details other than price and we have not heard back from him regarding where to meet, when etc. Did you get any further details from them?

Thanks,

Lynne

Hi Lynne

I emailed Andrew asking what the times were and if a deposit was required, but haven't heard anything back yet. Are you on the North Coast and Maracas beach tour? Would be nice to do a tour with someone from our ship.:) Are you on from the 4th April or the 12th? I'll let you know if/when I hear back from Andrew.

Hi Liz,

Hubby & I are on the same cruise as you - we too received an e-mail back from Andrew @ Banwari that we are booked on his tour but he provided no details other than price and we have not heard back from him regarding where to meet, when etc. Did you get any further details from them?

Thanks,

Lynne

can you share what the costs was for this tour?

Hello fellow canucks,

E-mail I rec'd back from Banwari for the North Coast Hop and Beach Stop was $65.00 U.S per person. Andrew replied that we are booked but no details provided. Hope this helps you

Lynne

• 2 weeks later...

We will also be on the Grand Feb. 13th and will visit Trinidad. I was thinking of taking the Port of Spain Highlights and Cultural Show, but became a little concerned about our safety after reading so many reviews about the crime. It seems that you never felt concerned. Is that true?:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Liz,

Oops on the same tour but we are sailing on the Grand and will be in Trinidad on Jan 21/09 - if we hear anything more from Andrew I'll let you know.

Lynne

Hi Lynn

We are on your cruise and the Grand is in Trinidad on Jan. 22, not the 21st!!!!!

Sorry I didn't see your question to me until now.

No, we didn't feel a bit concerned about safety there. The cultural show is wonderful and well worth seeing. Trinidad is like any large city anywhere in the world so you have to behave accordingly as far as safety goes.

Sarah

We will be in Tobago while on the Summit in February and are wondering if anyone can suggest a tour guide for an island tour with stops at all the popular spots.

Thanks

We'll be there on the Summit in April and would also like tour guide suggestions or other options of things to do.

Quick question... are there any ferries to Tobago or Venezuela from Trinidad ?

There is a ferry service between Trinidad & Tobago however if you are on either island for the day on a cruise you will not have enough time to visit the other island by ferry and return.

Are there any tour guides or specific tours that you would recommend on Tobago?

For a day in Tobago I usually recommend going to Pigeon Point. It's a nice beach with facilities lined with coconut trees and little shed's for you to keep your things. Lots of shade available if you wish. From there you can get glass bottom boat rides to buccoo reef and the nylon pool. Nylon pool is a shallow sand bank about half mile off shore. Entrance fee to Pigeon Point is about $3 to $4 U.S, Taxi to Pigeon Point will be $20 to $25 U.S for up to four people and boat to reef and nylon pool with snorkling gear will run you $10 to $15 U.S. (Dont be frighten to negotiate $$) When being quoted anything on the island make sure and ask if it's TT$ or U.S$. $1.00 U.S = $6.30 TT, they usually round it off to $6.00.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived