Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acrowson

What happens in the even of a hurricane or tropical storm?

Fun - what kind of things? Chocolate??? :cool:

Eewwww, if that's what the person ate. Eewwww.

Dan

Fun - what kind of things? Chocolate??? :cool:

Eewwww, if that's what the person ate. Eewwww.

Dan

We were on a RCCL cruise many years ago and we had to avoid three of our ports due to hurricanes. They gave us each a $350 credit toward our online account, so that was a total of $700. That paid our tab on the ship. I doubt that sort of thing is done this day and age. This is not the only cruise we've taken where we weren't able to go into all of our ports, but that didn't bother us at all. We like being at sea.

I can't believe that people were complaining about not having linen napkins. Who do they think they are? If I were to get a couple of extra days during a cruise and didn't have to pay for it, I certainly wouldn't complain. It takes all kinds!

We have a cruise scheduled in October out of Tampa -- right in the midst of hurricane season. This won't stop us. We're driving to Tampa, but if there's a storm coming, then we'll fly. We're looking forward to it.

To the people who were sent out to sea during a hurricane, was it smooth sailing out there?

Cruising during Hurricane season is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get! :)

So you pick the cruise for the ship and the itinerary but then it's kind of like a "pot luck" supper. You're going to get to see something, it may be different than what you thought. We just take it in stride, be happy that we're on top of the water seeing something that we did or didn't expect, instead of under the water because the captain wanted to keep to the doggone itinerary we paid for! Chill out people! Unless the storm hits your departure port, the ship will sail.

They'll do their best to make sure your cruise experience is a good one.