Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SilverDewdrops

2nd trip to Progresso~What to do?

My husband and I are trying to decide, we have a Jan. 2008 cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy. The last time we were in Progreso we did the ruins and Mexican Rodeo (the buffet was excellent!).

It's a toss up this time, Cavern and Cave Snorkel or the Dune Buggy. Anyone done either of these and have some suggestions. I would love to go horseback riding on the beach, but from what I've read you don't really go on the beach.

I heard that the cave snorkel was fun from some other guests. We did the Segway adventure in Merida and we really liked it. It was fun operating the Segway and then we got to learn all about the Mayan culture at the history museum. We even got great ice cream (more like shaved ice) made with fresh fruit. Yum!

Lots of stuff to do here. A trip to Merida to see some great architecture, more ruins like Uxmal, a trip to Reef Yucatan Resort where you can visit small ruins like Xcambo or visit a flamingo sanctuary, then lay by the pool and drink Pina Colas.;) And you already know about the cenote snorkel. That sounds like fun , too.

Then there is the food, all of the glorious food. Shoot! I'm ready to go back right now.

"C" certainly has a thing for the great food in Merida and Progreso. Me too.

"C" certainly has a thing for the great food in Merida and Progreso. Me too.

H,

If I had to choose one thing to do in Mexico, it would be eat. There are so many great things to see and do, but there is also some of the best grub to be had. And you can find it is some of the most obscure places. I'm booked for Dec. and can't wait. I guess that it is a good thing that I am a schizophrenic because I am beside myself.:rolleyes:

Thank you all so much for your input. My husband and I always have a hard time deciding, but we end up enjoying whatever we decide to do.

Thank you all so much for your input. My husband and I always have a hard time deciding, but we end up enjoying whatever we decide to do.

Hey Dewdrop, We've been to Branson twice this summer and will probably go again in the next couple of weeks.. You don't work at Silver Dollar City by any chance?

On our second cruise we ate with a couple that were from SDC. The lady had sold us kettle corn that very summer. Gee, this world is getting small.

Hey "C". Just read your profile. I see you're a shooter. Me too.

H,

I don't know what the gov considers as an arsenal, but I've got one.

And a small bit of advice. Be sure where your gun is when you go to the cruise terminal. I'll tell you that one later.:o

C. OT but my arsenal is small compared to some. The M1 Garand and my SA SS 1911 are my favorites.

Hey Dewdrop, We've been to Branson twice this summer and will probably go again in the next couple of weeks.. You don't work at Silver Dollar City by any chance?

On our second cruise we ate with a couple that were from SDC. The lady had sold us kettle corn that very summer. Gee, this world is getting small.

I actually do work at Silver Dollar City. I wasn't the one who sold kettle corn. We have a lady who works out there that arranges cruises in the off season with a number of people who work there. My husband and I arrange our own cruises; mostly with friends that he works with.