HAL Cheerleaders UNITE! (fun post)

InTheWASide

I just cannot help but throw my two cents in here!

Am I reading this right??? You are accusing people in this forum of being mean??? Have you gone back and read your first post??? Accusing us of being "not balanced" "nor open minded". And now somehow WE are mean?????

We are all just minding our own business having fun within a group of HAL cruisers that not only enjoy the cruiseline but enjoy the friendly banter amongst friends that we have created in this forum...which is strictly a positive thing!

And don't say you have no problem with us having fun! You obviously have a major problem with it...as you said you don't understand why a "fun" thing like this is allowed to exist in this forum!!! And I don't know what you are referring to when you say we are making fun of those with a critical point view! I haven't seen anyone in here make fun of anyone other than us making fun of our own selves in good fun!

I am still beyond amazed that you would come in here with all this criticizm and then comment about someday throwing logic and kindness out the window and just be silly in order to be accepted! Do you honestly feel that either of your posts show any sign of logic or kindness????? I am thoroughly baffled!!!!:eek:

I literally went to the Community Guidelines to review what it says. One line that struck me was..."Please use good judgement in posting any message and ask yourself if your post adds to the community in a positive way." So I was thinking how we have all been having fun enjoying each others posts in this thread of HAL cruisers which would be viewed as adding to this community in a positive way.

Then you come along and try to squash all this fun with your NEGATIVE post. I came accross the following from the Community Guidelines...."Postings that have been placed on the boards to disrupt the flow of conversation or otherwise disrupt Cruise Critic members' enjoyment of the Community will be removed and you run the risk of losing your posting privileges." So I am wondering why your posts have been allowed in this forum since they have clearly disrupted our flow of conversation and fun!

Ok I quite before my aggravation becomes a novel!

God forbid I go back to having fun!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

It is important to read posts and not to feel them. I only said that when people call someone a cheerleader for a cruiseline it means that the person will defend it no matter what. I did not say you were. I did say that by self identifying yourselves as such it is like saying I don't care what the facts are I love HAL and if you don't tough.

jc

Xpcdoojk, awesome! Great example of the proverbial pot calling the kettle black!

We're being "mean" to you? You're kidding, want a hankie? Don't be a such a drama queen!

If someone goes out on a HAL cruise, had a good...... scratch that, a great time, without letting certain "things" bother them and comes back here and tells about it, that person is being labelled a HAL cheerleader by some. Give me a break! Believe me, there's a difference between being a HAL fan and blind loyalty!

If the hosts on this board feel this thread does not belong here, it'll be moved, trust me! And if it does, no biggie! The sun will still rise manana.

Not being mean to me. I don't think I have ever posted or thought a negative thought about HAL. Mean to someone whom seems to have gotten to the lot of you. This used to be the very best forum at CC.

It appears to me that from what I have read recently that it is demonstrably (spelling no time to look up the spelling) no longer the case.

Welcome over to the Insane HAL Board, you see in Non Alaska Season we do silly things like Web Cam Waves on Saturdays but since we have no stinking web cam to wave at fellow cruisers we have to make up our own fun:D

Lisa, maybe we should take up a collection at the Seattle Starbucks directly across from Terminal 30!:eek:

They have a nice tall building with a great shot of the HAL ships!!;)

Hey... it's 5:00 where did go? Oh... thats right someone said WINE!!

Off to the wine cellar I go!!:eek: Tonights selection Lisa is a bottle of Le'cole "Walla Voila" Chenin Blanc. It is a great summer wine, I think you would like it Lisa!!:p

jc

May I interject a thought here...We sailed on HAL last September, for the first time and unfortunately had a not so pleasant cruise...

The HAL board was very kind to me and I appreciated it so much, there was no cheer leading or bashing at all from any of the members. Recently we decided to try HAL again (we have a forgive and forget attitude)...

We were welcomed with so much honest enthusiasm that I too wish I had a cheerleader avatar, and I say Hooray to all of you, you ROCK!!!

I have enjoyed this thread so much, keep it up !!!!

Maybe her name is Eileen, get it?

I'LL Eileen you old boy, you better just watch it, otherwise I might have to send a few heavies round to sort you out. lol

Found 2 bus loads of them in Taupo last weekend John, you would have loved it, they could have put on the best Haka for you. They were from way out on the east coast, so very different to us townies. They stayed over night in the cabins we were staying at. 11 o'clock knocking on the door, my mate got up and opend the curtains, rolled up laughing, "we got a streaker" a young Maori boy stark naked. Next morning he got hell from the other guys and I guess we didn't help either. I asked him did he not realise there were 2 great grandmas inside :D

Marjeanne,

If you'd like a cheerleader avatar, do an image search for cheerleader. Click Right on Save as...to My Pictures.

Then come and ask...someone can help you from there. I'm not real precise on posting directions--it's been hit or miss when I do it--I'm not a techie!

Jeanne,

After you get your cheerleader image saved on your My Pictures, then go to the boards and click on User CP, then click Edit Avatar. Scroll down and click Browse, then go to My Pictures, locate your image--highlight it and then click OPEN--That should print info on the download line of the avatar page, then click Save setting--it should work. If that doesn't , let me know and I'll go back through mine, and do it step by step to make sure I didn't mess up directions. You can find images at Google or Yahoo. Good Luck.

I look forward to sailing with you also--The Yum Yum cruise is getting interesting. I think your cabin just a couple of doors from ours! That aft Veranda Deck is going to be interesting!!!!!:)

Archived