Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

John goodt ohear from you. Tom and I just got home from having dinner out and did nothing but talk about all those getting ready to board the Eurodam and of course we talked about you and Maria and what you might have been doing and with seeing Ine and Ton.

Please give them both a HUG from me:)

Not only John and Maria have arrived in NL (and yes we had a good time with them and some more friends),

but just a few hours ago Eurodam has arrived in Rotterdam and is docked at the cruise-terminal.

Just a small portion of the ship is visible on this webcam:

http://www.virtualvisit.nl/webcam/index.htm

We are looking forward to the Prelude cruise and meeting with our CC friends.

Toos, how does the ship look from your aparment?

The photogrraphs of one on the normal balcony cabin looks smaller than what I thought it would be however no other cabins were shown.

Cristiano

I just looked at a link someone posted with a photo of a Verandah stateroom on Deck 5. I am positive that it is smaller than the Verandah that we had on the Westerdam (this was a VA on Deck 7). At least the space between the bed and door to the Verandah is smaller, and the table may be smaller too. I would like to hear other opinions.

I do think the lido looks brighter and like the silk den area too.

Toos, how does the ship look from your aparment?

Not yet, in the weekends we are in the middle of the country in ow er summer place, and today see go out to the see at 17.00 and see will

be out of Scheveningen I don"d now way but I her it on the radio.

I will See her tomorrow.

grtjes Toos

Jade, it's really hard to tell which cabins are posted because one picture has the dressing table next to the door when you walk in. Don't know what cabin that is...Perhaps the poster can help us out here?

eurodam_037.jpg

It was my room number 6173 .

Thank you for identifying that shot. It does seem to have a different configuration than the VA and VB I've been in on the Noordam.
Another thing that's different from VA cabins we've had on 3 Vistas is that the head of the bed is on the corridor side, rather than the foot. I was wondering if the arrangement was different because it is the very last side-facing cabin on the deck? :confused: :confused: Or, since there appears to be a door at the foot of the bed connecting to cabin SC6175, maybe that caused the unusual arrangement. (The deck plan shows no connecting door for 6173/6175.)

Another thing that's different from VA cabins we've had on 3 Vistas is that the head of the bed is on the corridor side, rather than the foot. I was wondering if the arrangement was different because it it the very last side-facing cabin on the deck? :confused: :confused: Or, since there appears to be a door at the foot of the bed leading to a connecting cabin, maybe that caused the unusual arrangement. (The deck plan shows no connecting door for 6173.)

You're right. We've had a VC and a VA...and the passageway from the foot of the bed went into the hallway with the closets, etc. Maybe it is because of the door connecting it to the next stateroom as you say.

I wonder if all the verandah staterooms have the desk and sofa in this location rather than the way it's laid out on the Vistas?

Not sure I like the way this is configured, but we'll be getting first hand reports very soon! ;)

John, I too am confused about the connecting door because where it would go to would be the dressing area closets of the corner aft 6175, unless somehow it is right in front of it:confused:

I just checked the deck plans, Lisa. It's strange, unless they decided to connect a verandah stateroom to a suite? Anything's possible, I guess.

I wonder if all the verandah staterooms have the desk and sofa in this location rather than the way it's laid out on the Vistas?

No. There have been many, many pictures of Verandah rooms that have the "normal" configuration, including some from dellas1000. There's some reason for this one being different, and I believe it's that connecting door.
I just checked the deck plans, Lisa. It's strange, unless they decided to connect a verandah stateroom to a suite? Anything's possible, I guess.
I think there would be quite a bit of demand for a suite/non-suite combo for larger families.

I think there would be quite a bit of demand for a suite/non-suite combo for larger families.

John, I totally agree and this would be a perfect place. I just cannot quite figure out in my mind where this door would go to in the corner cabin unless they moved the closets. On deck 6 when you come into that cabin there are closets immediately on the left then you enter the dressing room area. My guess is the moved those closests over into the cabin like they are on deck 5, then I guess the door could connect and that would actually work well and almost be a 2 bedroom suite.

John, I totally agree and this would be a perfect place ... then I guess the door could connect and that would actually work well and almost be a 2 bedroom suite.
From the number of times that I've read of someone wanting to put 4 or 5 people into a larger cabin than a VD/VE/VF and yet not book two connecting SS, I wonder why they didn't come up with a Sx/Vx combo before. And just as puzzling, why are they not mentioning that it's available now? :confused:

People on another thread have told me that 6173 was a VA, so I'm glad to see that John and Lisa have seen the deck plans which indicate it's a VB, the last one before the Sc suite, 6173. It does seem strange that it would have a connecting door to the other cabin.:confused:

Could that door be for the bathroom?

People on another thread have told me that 6173 was a VA, so I'm glad to see that John and Lisa have seen the deck plans which indicate it's a VB, the last one before the Sc suite, 6173. It does seem strange that it would have a connecting door to the other cabin.:confused:
The person who told you that was looking at old plans. It is a VB next to the corner SC6175.
No, it couldn't. The bathroom is the square space opposite the closets, behind the desk and TV.

[/quote]

Maybe they've decided to connect some verandah staterooms to suites? I've read several times on the board that people in suites also book a nearby stateroom for family members.

Maybe they've decided to connect some verandah staterooms to suites?
It looks like it has happened. So my next question is, how many of these Sx/Vx combos are there? We'll just have to wait for deck plan updates and/or first-hand reports.

It looks like it has happened. So my next question is, how many of these Sx/Vx combos are there? We'll just have to wait for deck plan updates and/or first-hand reports.

If that's what they've done, it's a great idea! Maybe someone on the Inaugural will comply.

Congratulations (and thanks) for doing the very first Eurodam Member Review!! :) How did you happen to get the invitation for the night?

I think the invitations went out randomly to various VIPs/Mariners/Press/Trade etc.... I was just lucky to be selected.

Archived