Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

To all you Eurodam experts;

Will the seats near the stage in the Vista (Main) Lounge be removable to allow for a dance floor, like the Vista's? I realize they are theater type "fixed" seats, but do you think they can take them out for special cruises, like ours....the blues cruise? :confused:

Sheila

It doesn't look to me like there's a dance floor, and the seats don't appear to be removable:

http://www.eurodamnews.com/images/ShowLounge.jpg

eurodam2qn0.jpg

Oh ... ugh! Her "boxy-butt" is so un-nautical! OUCH. Thankfully, we won't get to see her too often from this angle.

I agree - The stern looks like it was inspired by the design of a 1970's Holiday Inn...

...what a mistake not sticking with Noordam's graceful cascading after-decks as originally intended.

Gerd--

HAL Photoshop-ed an image of a Vista Class when creating that first image - They had originally intended to give Eurodam the same stern as Noordam, but added staterooms to the stern late in the game after many of us had booked.

HAL Photoshop-ed an image of a Vista Class when creating that first image - They had originally intended to give Eurodam the same stern as Noordam, but added staterooms to the stern late in the game after many of us had booked.

Too bad they didn't stick with their original intentions because the Noordam aft is so graceful.

Too bad they didn't stick with their original intentions because the Noordam aft is so graceful.

Carol--

I figure they had it created this way to cram another 48 passengers/24 staterooms (12 Verandahs & 12 Insides) into the ship - The same reason they extended Decks 6-8 on the Vistas.

Does anyone believe the VT balcony suites are 60 square feet? A HAL rep just told me they were, but they look smaller than the the others. She also said all VT rooms are spa rooms, but they are the least expensive, so I am confused. I do need to get the reservation confirmed.

I can tell my reading this thread, you have very good space relation skills. Possibly, you can see through walls too.:rolleyes:

Does anyone believe the VT balcony suites are 60 square feet? A HAL rep just told me they were, but they look smaller than the the others.
NO WAY! The standard side VA to VC balconies are 6'x9' = 54 sq ft. :D IF the VT balconies have a 4 ft radius are are full semi-circles, that would give them just 25 sq ft. The radius looks less than 4 ft to me, and they look like less than half circles. My guess is about 20 sq ft tops.

Does anyone believe the VT balcony suites are 60 square feet? A HAL rep just told me they were, but they look smaller than the the others. She also said all VT rooms are spa rooms, but they are the least expensive, so I am confused. I do need to get the reservation confirmed.

I can tell my reading this thread, you have very good space relation skills. Possibly, you can see through walls too.:rolleyes:

I hope you're referring to the balcony itself, as the stateroom should be @ 185 Sq/Ft.

And no, the balconies for the VT's are barely 1/3 that size - there isn't even room enough for a chair on them.

You must have been speaking to "Miss Information" at the HAL Call Center...

I knew I was tlaking ot the right group! So I imagine on a transatlantic this would give me fresh air and a bad hair day while the ship was moving, but in port it may be a step up from an OV as you can open a window. Does this sound right?

She also told me they are the spa suites, meaning a yoga mat, water feature, pedometer, etc. I do not get why they cost less, but then again she wasn't offerning a free access to the hydropool either.

Do you think an AFt balcony will be even more convienent on an 8 sea day voyage? I am considering wind with this question.

Thank you all. Your saving what is left of my weekend!

... but in port it may be a step up from an OV as you can open a window. Does this sound right?
More than just "open a window". Two people should be able to stand out there easily, and someplace on a thread here I read that they will have "stools". I don't know if that is accurate, though.

I knew I was tlaking ot the right group! So I imagine on a transatlantic this would give me fresh air and a bad hair day while the ship was moving, but in port it may be a step up from an OV as you can open a window. Does this sound right?

She also told me they are the spa suites, meaning a yoga mat, water feature, pedometer, etc. I do not get why they cost less, but then again she wasn't offerning a free access to the hydropool either.

Do you think an AFt balcony will be even more convienent on an 8 sea day voyage? I am considering wind with this question.

Thank you all. Your saving what is left of my weekend!

First off, a VT is not a suite - it's a balcony stateroom.

As far as having "spa amenities" at no add'l cost, I believe that's to entice folks up to a location what will have a very uncomfortable ride when the seas get rough. I don't believe they were originally intended to be "Spa Staterooms", otherwise they'd cost more and there would have been PR on them months ago.

I'd simply choose a standard side-facing stateroom farther down on the ship - as I don't see much advantage the aft-facing staterooms either.

To all you Eurodam experts;

Will the seats near the stage in the Vista (Main) Lounge be removable to allow for a dance floor, like the Vista's? I realize they are theater type "fixed" seats, but do you think they can take them out for special cruises, like ours....the blues cruise? :confused:

Sheila

I guess we'll find that out in a couple weeks when a contingent from this board are on the Inaugural!

I'm a Sheila, too, BTW! ;)

:eek:

I hope you're referring to the balcony itself, as the stateroom should be @ 185 Sq/Ft.

And no, the balconies for the VT's are barely 1/3 that size - there isn't even room enough for a chair on them.

You must have been speaking to "Miss Information" at the HAL Call Center...

Brian, I hope someone on the Inaugural gets to check out these little "gems!" That's certainly useless as a verandah. As an aside, it sounds as though HAL needs to do some additional training in Seattle. :eek:

:eek:

Brian, I hope someone on the Inaugural gets to check out these little "gems!" That's certainly useless as a verandah. As an aside, it sounds as though HAL needs to do some additional training in Seattle. :eek:

Sheila--

Oh, I definitely plan on doing some recon work w/ my trusty Nikon and measuring tape...

;)

Are VA to VC staterooms larger? I have some reasonable quotes on them and the VE rooms. Not as reasonable as the spa stateroom mind you, but you can't have everything;)

If it is agreed an aft location isn't much benefit on a TA crossing then I will take one of the above.

Again thank you for your input, I look forward to hearing and seeing more.

Are VA to VC staterooms larger? I have some reasonable quotes on them and the VE rooms. Not as reasonable as the spa stateroom mind you, but you can't have everything;)

If it is agreed an aft location isn't much benefit on a TA crossing then I will take one of the above.

Again thank you for your input, I look forward to hearing and seeing more.

The V(x) staterooms are all pretty much the same size - only the location and size of verandahs differentiate (a few are shower only).

If you want one w/ a larger than average verandah - look on your deckplan for the pair on Deck 4 portside/aft that are to either side of the crew staircase.

I can't wait to hear how it goes! I was trying to remembers my manners and not mention how insane it is for a company to not know what it is selling! Or even if the VT's are OC as many websites (Travel agencies) still show them to be.

We recently had a weird expereince with another line that cost me 400 dollars, so I am not as trusting of the corporate office as I would normally be. So, thanks for being in the know!

I'm living vicariously with all of you on the Inaugural...have you all begun to pack? :confused: :D :confused:

:D

Today I pulled out my luggage and began my first pack of clothing I'm not going to need between now and the cruise. I will take suits and shirts that need to go to the Dry Cleaners with me tomorrow and have them back on Wednesday. I'll then be able to finish my packing.

:eek: That's certainly useless as a verandah.
I wouldn't go so far as to call the VT verandahs useless. When we're entering, in, or leaving a port we're quite often satnding at the railing of our verandah taking pictures, so the VT verandahs would do just fine for that. And if you're underway someplace, they're certainly sufficient for getting a better view of some shoreline or passing ship than if the cabin had no verandah, as originally planned.

Correct ... that's the Queen Victoria at sea. Lovely ship. You can tell by the stack.

Yes - Shortly after I return from Eurodam my boss and her husband are sailing aboard QV from Southampton to Venice.

She's booked into a "standard" Queens Grill suite - She recently called our TA to see if one of the named suites are available: Sold out.

Archived