Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lilbert

Heading to Jamacia, Cayman, Mexico 8/19 whats in-store?

With "Dean" spinning for Jamacia, any ideas as to what Carnival will do with those of us that are heading out this Sunday for Jamacia?

How often is that updated?

Were going on the Conquest and nothing has been mentioned, yet!

Just trying to ge some kind of idea as to what Carnival will do!

Where will we go? Are we gonna get the shaft?

Im seeing and hearing about all the warnings, but that doesnt tell me what Carnival has planned for us.

Just trying to ge some kind of idea as to what Carnival will do!

Where will we go? Are we gonna get the shaft?

Im seeing and hearing about all the warnings, but that doesnt tell me what Carnival has planned for us.

Well it depends the storrm........and I can't tell you what Carnival is going to do. I'm not the Capt. of the ship. Maybe you should give Carnival a call and see what they say...

More than likely the ship will take a different path. Unless your port is at threat, you WILL sail but have a different itinerary or stay out at sea for an extra day.....at least that is what I have read on CC.

We are sailing to the caribbean on the 26th, dean should be out of the way by the time we go.

Have a good trip!

We leave out of Tampa on Sunday. As long as we are able to get on the boat I don't care where we go from there. We will consider it a mystery cruise.:D

Thats kinda what I've taken in! I just wished we knew something early enough so we can look at excursions and make other plans at those ports. Im the same way, just get me on that ship and I dont care where it goes as long as it goes!

When Wilma came in we were notified Friday evening that we would go out early on Sunday and that our itinerary would be changed. I called on Thursday and Carnival could not tell me anything. They advised me to give them the number I would be at while traveling to port. Thus the call on my cell. They make every effort to get you on a cruise somewhere. Any day on a ship is a much better day than on land!

Thanks for the links. We leave Sunday on the Valor

(Exotic Western Carribbean Cruise). I would like to make to all of the ports of call, but a day at sea is always better than a day on land. :D

Bon Voyage!!!!

This is posted on CC's news board

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2154

Wonder how accurate that is since Destiny sails out of San Juan Sunday to Sunday, not Saturday.:confused: I couldnt find this info anywhere on the Carnival site as of 2:30pm EST.

Carnival has already altered itineraries on two ships sailing in the Caribbean this week. The San Juan-based Carnival Destiny will still visit St. Lucia today -- but will bypass Antigua and swap sea days. That means tomorrow the ship will chug its way north, to Tortola, its new Friday port-of-call. The cruise will wind up in San Juan on Saturday as scheduled

Wonder how accurate that is since Destiny sails out of San Juan Sunday to Sunday, not Saturday.:confused: I couldnt find this info anywhere on the Carnival site as of 2:30pm EST.

Carnival has already altered itineraries on two ships sailing in the Caribbean this week. The San Juan-based Carnival Destiny will still visit St. Lucia today -- but will bypass Antigua and swap sea days. That means tomorrow the ship will chug its way north, to Tortola, its new Friday port-of-call. The cruise will wind up in San Juan on Saturday as scheduled

HHmmmmm I have no idea. Just posted what was on this board on the Hurricane center......

With "Dean" spinning for Jamacia, any ideas as to what Carnival will do with those of us that are heading out this Sunday for Jamacia?

WE HAVE A GREAT ROLL CALL COME JOIN ARE ROLLCALL.

We were told yesterday that we may be heading to the Bahamas, but to where after that, is a guess!

Here is the map. Its updated every 3 hours.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/203525.shtml?5day#contents

I think Jamaica should be fine if you are leaving Sunday. Maybe Im wrong...are you leaving on sunday or you are supposed to be at jamaica sunday....see map....that makes a difference, the hurricane is about to jamaica on sunday

We leave from Galveston on Sunday. If we go to Jamacia, we will be hittng "Dean" head-on. I dont think that would be in the captains best interest. I didnt pay the money I did to go see Jamacia, Caymans and Mexico damaged or destroyed! We will be on the Conquest!

I just saw the update on the waether channel. The forcast is for Dean to be major storm in the western carrib. by monday night. I don't see how the Conquest would try to go through the Yucatan channel with that monster out there. Of course these forcasts do change, but Carnival has to start planning now.

I just saw the update on the waether channel. The forcast is for Dean to be major storm in the western carrib. by monday night. I don't see how the Conquest would try to go through the Yucatan channel with that monster out there. Of course these forcasts do change, but Carnival has to start planning now.

I agree! Thats why Im asking for some kind of idea so we can start looking at excursions at the new ports!

I think Jamaica should be fine if you are leaving Sunday. Maybe Im wrong...are you leaving on sunday or you are supposed to be at jamaica sunday....see map....that makes a difference, the hurricane is about to jamaica on sunday

We leave Galveston on Sunday bound for Jamacia, we will be going right into " Dean". Our POC are Jamacia (wed) Caymans (thur) Cozumel (fri) I think it may be a mess by then!

I agree! Thats why Im asking for some kind of idea so we can start looking at excursions at the new ports!

I would imagine at some point this afternoon Carnival will have a plan for the weekend cruises.

Since the vast majority of their fleet is in the Caribbean, it becomes a logistical nightmare ,with not just deciding where to send ships, but making sure there is dock or tender spots for all the vessels, also bear in mind all the other cruise lines are also scrambling to do the same thing...Its part of the price you pay to cruise this time of year.

But will Jamaica be able to have ships there and visiting on Wed after getting hit on Sunday, at this point it looks like dead on, with what is becoming a stronger storm?