How to post large picturs in reply

gnparend

Mt McKinley / or Debali

GetThumb;jsessionid=2D1759F2606131042F85008D353685D6?455548158,300x400,0,0,null&cb=PW&guest=true&key=gnparend&toh=m&svr=web30

I see the image was lost. I didn't save the address so I don't know if the url is dynamic and can change photobucket seems more reliable. Need to do more research to see why the image was not available.

Help!!! I too have wanted to know how to post full size pictures. Signed up for photobucket, successfully uploaded a picture and now was trying a test post. Tried Sue L.'s directions and was able to copy and paste. However, the picture did not come up but rather a link that I copied and pasted to another forum yesterday that has nothing to do with anything here. Either my computer is possessed, I'm going crazy or I'm a complete moron. :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Administrators

Nice pics!

There are two ways to "display" your photos here on our forums.

1) LINK to a photo elsewhere. This means the photo has a home somewhere on the internet, such as webshots, or photobucket. When you link to a photo using the photo's web address (URL) the photo will show on the boards in the correct size. You've discussed this at length above.

2) UPLOAD your photo as an attachment. Doing so actually places the photo on OUR servers here at Cruise Critic. The photo will display actual size -- UNLESS it is too large....it will then be resized to a thumbnail. Clicking on the thumbnail will reveal a larger image. You can attach up to five photos at one time.

Laura

Nice pics!

There are two ways to "display" your photos here on our forums.

1) LINK to a photo elsewhere. This means the photo has a home somewhere on the internet, such as webshots, or photobucket. When you link to a photo using the photo's web address (URL) the photo will show on the boards in the correct size. You've discussed this at length above.

2) UPLOAD your photo as an attachment. Doing so actually places the photo on OUR servers here at Cruise Critic. The photo will display actual size -- UNLESS it is too large....it will then be resized to a thumbnail. Clicking on the thumbnail will reveal a larger image. You can attach up to five photos at one time.

Laura

I have been testing the procedure and the photo site I use will dynamically link the photo's so that each visit the web url on the site can change so the photo is there on the CC board only for a short time. Photobucket seems to be more reliable and they also display the code for you. Having tried this a few times I think I prefer the thumbnail. It takes up less space on the screen and if someone wants to see the full picture it's just a clip away. Also all I need to do is attach it from my PC without the need to maintain an account on photobucket and upload to there.

Obviously to each there own pleasure.

I also read above there is a test area on CC. Did not know that so that makes good sense.

Thanks LauraS

102_1940.jpg.19959f850e75f05f80a9002c4f3ac0b6.jpg

Nice pics!

You can attach up to five photos at one time.

Laura

Now I recall the five limit myself. However, recently I noticed that there were six photos in some of the posts, and when I tried it I found I could post six photos also. Also, I think you should mention that the smilies count toward the limit.

So lets see what I can post that I have not posted for a while.

Do you know where these are? I'll put the answers in the next post.

Photo number one ...

WITW-V.jpg

Photo number two ...

WITW-VIIIa.jpg

Photo number three ...

WITWLXVIa.jpg

Photo number four ...

WITWXVII.jpg

Photo number five ...

WITWLXXII.jpg

Photo number six ...

WITWLXXX.jpg

Photo number one is the Panama Canal.

Photo number two is the Kennedy Space Center.

Photo number three is Bill Gates' house.

Photo number four is the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas.

Photo number five is Sea World San Diego.

Photo number six is the Golden Gate Bridge.

• 4 months later...
I have been trying to post a picture all day. I went to webshots where my one picture is. They don't have anything half way down the page that says link this picture. HELP PLEASE!
I use Firefox, not Internet Explorer (IE), so I don't know if this works with IE. But here is what I do. Right click on the photo. A menu pops up. Then left click on "copy image location".

Then I come to this post. I left click on the little yellow box with the picture of the mountain in it (just below the undo arrow). In the pop up window I right click and a menu pops up. I then left click on paste and left click on okay, and ...

fasslide.jpg

Doesn't work. What is so frustrating is that several weeks ago I got a new camera, took some pictures of the Noodam docked in NYC and just hit copy and pasted it here and that was it. I think I'm going to give up for now. Thanks anyway.

I've really tried everyone's suggestions.:mad:

Archived