How to post large picturs in reply

gnparend

Nice pictures. My whalewatch pictures are some of my favorite. I used b&w film at the time (probably 20 years ago). Change some of your pictures to b&w if you haven't already done that to see how interesting that is. Thanks for posting them.

Nice pictures. My whale watch pictures are some of my favorite. I used b&w film at the time (probably 20 years ago). Change some of your pictures to b&w if you haven't already done that to see how interesting that is. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks Peaceful (love that nickname), glad you liked the photos....I haven't tried the B&W, but will give it a try. :)

• 3 months later...
Why can't I attach my picture? I have put in the URL address with ....[\IMG] around it. Is this correct?
Where is the picture located? If it is on your hard drive, you can post it as a thumbnail but not with the codes. It has to be out on the internet (Webshots, Photobucket, Flickr, etc) to use the codes.
My picture which I'm trying to attach.

Do you mean like this ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=96100&d=1226678481

It can't be done. :)

The photograph has to be host on the Internet somewhere. Then you can post the photo by using the little yellow box with the picture of a mountain and sun in it (just below the undo arrow). Two popular photo hosting sites are Webshots and Photobucket (both are free). There are also other photo hosting sites, some are free and some are not. Some are easier to use than others. I have accounts with both Webshots and Photobucket. In my opinion Photobucket is easier to post from, while Webshots is easier to upload to.

Where is the picture located? If it is on your hard drive, you can post it as a thumbnail but not with the codes. It has to be out on the internet (Webshots, Photobucket, Flickr, etc) to use the codes.

I have the pics on Kodakgallery so I assume that they have a correct URL address but I'm only able to post the thumbnail. I know this question has been asked but I can't seem to find the answer: How do I make it bigger?

Do you mean like this ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=96100&d=1226678481

It can't be done. :)

The photograph has to be host on the Internet somewhere. Then you can post the photo by using the little yellow box with the picture of a mountain and sun in it (just below the undo arrow). Two popular photo hosting sites are Webshots and Photobucket (both are free). There are also other photo hosting sites, some are free and some are not. Some are easier to use than others. I have accounts with both Webshots and Photobucket. In my opinion Photobucket is easier to post from, while Webshots is easier to upload to.

Thanks for your response. I have my pics on Kodakgallery. Does that work? If not, why not? Just wondering why the URL wouldn't work from that site.

Thanks for your response. I have my pics on Kodakgallery. Does that work? If not, why not? Just wondering why the URL wouldn't work from that site.

Well, Kodak wants me to create an account just to even look at something. I use Firefox (not IE). I believe IE works the same however. Go to the photo, right click on it. In the pop up menu left click on Copy Image Location. Then go to CC and post. Left click on the yellow box with the mountain in it. Right click in the pop up in the area for the URL of the image you are trying to post. Left click on paste and then left click on ok. The photo should then be visible in the post. That is how I posted your photo.

As I said, I use Photobucket. This is what a page from Photobucket looks like ...

PB-HTMLcode.jpg

For this site I use the direct link code. For another site I use the HTML code, though I can use the HTML code here, but the direct link code is easier to use here.

Is there something similar for Kodak?

This is a Webshots page ...

Webshots.jpg

As you can see, it also offers a direct link code. Since I don't use Kodak and I'll not signing up for another photo hosting site (I already use two), I can't provide you with step by step instructions. However, I am sure there is someone here who can provide you with more detailed instructions.

CruiseandFloridaMarch2008171-1.jpg

How do I make this bigger?

What is the size of the image you are trying to post? That will affect the size of the posted image. I usually post images that are 800 x 600 (as I said, usually - some are bigger and some are smaller, but most are 800 x 600).

Thank you Cuizer2. I do have Photobucket also. So I have attached one from Photobucket but I stll can't seem to make it larger. So I need to copy the HTML code? Sorry, I'm not too swift with this.
On this site copy the direct link code. Then left click on the yellow box with the mountain in it (just below the undo arrow). In the pop up window right click in the area for the address and left click on paste. Then left click on ok and the photo should be visable in the post.
On this site copy the direct link code. Then left click on the yellow box with the mountain in it (just below the undo arrow). In the pop up window right click in the area for the address and left click on paste. Then left click on ok and the photo should be visable in the post.

I'm sorry but I don't see a yellow box with a mountain in it anywhere - is this on the Photobucket website where I should be seeing this icon?

I'm sorry but I don't see a yellow box with a mountain in it anywhere - is this on the Photobucket website where I should be seeing this icon?

When you go to post you will see a screen that looks like this ...

CCscreenshot.jpg

I headed off to work now. I don't have access to the same software at work that I do at home, so I don't know how much I will be able to help you once I get to work.

Archived