Current concierges?

fflady

Hi, Bruce, how are you two doing? Pete and I are well. We just returned from Radiance's inaugural sailing to Australia. We will be behind you a couple of cruises, we go on NV in December. Sorry we will miss you!

Hi Karen,

I have not had the pleasure of meeting you and Pete yet, but you know my Mother Helen and my brother Gary. Someday I am sure I will run into you on the same cruise.

Mom said to let you know she's looking forward to seeing you in a couple days.

Sue

Anyone know who the concierge is on the Indy. Sailing on her in April next year. Any feedback. Thanks :)

Hi there....

Currently the concierge is Ken Boodoo, I think he is will be on Indy until end of Jan then he is away on vacation, so not sure if he will be there in April....

I hope so for you, as Ken is a fabulous concierge, friendly, very helpful, and such a good friend. :D

Mark x

Hi there....

Currently the concierge is Ken Boodoo, I think he is will be on Indy until end of Jan then he is away on vacation, so not sure if he will be there in April....

I hope so for you, as Ken is a fabulous concierge, friendly, very helpful, and such a good friend. :D

Mark x

We have cruised with Kenneth many times but not lately. We agree he is very good. We miss you Kenneth. Let us know where you will be after vacation.

Hi there....

Mark x

Thanks Mark

Hope he comes back for April then :)

I'm still looking for which conicerges will be on the Allure for the 12-25-11 to 1-3-12 sailing. Hope someone can help!

Marina has been in contact with me for our Thanksgiving sailing, but that does not necessarily mean she will be there for Christmas. I am not sure who the other current concierge is right now.

We're also on Adventure at the moment and couldn't agree more about Reshma, she's excellent. We'll be back on board in January and are very disappointed she'll be on vacation.

Carol

Oh darn, we are on Adventure in Jan too, any word who is filling in for Reshma then?

Just bringing the list forward....it was waaaaaay back there on page 49.

Updates anyone?

I made corrections for Liberty. We just got off.

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Vanessa Rodrigues/Duygu Tanel (DeDe)/Robert Madouche- Carmen

2. BR Brilliance of the Seas - Ivan (barkeeps Norman)/ Duygu Tanel (DeDe)14DEC-??FEB Angela in Diamond Lounge.

3. EN Enchantment of the Seas -Diego Tripaldi/Gonzalo Alfano

4. EX Explorer of the Seas -Cherry Santos/ Carlos Ortiz (Barkeep Ismael - Julius Cloud9)

5. FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge) - Amit

________________________(Diamond) - Willie Salay Rahul Barua, Fernando Ugalde, Amit

6. -- Grandeur of the Seas - none

7. ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge) - Daniel Ascoli

____________________________ (Diamond) - Ricardo Mock/Coumella Arandia

8. JW Jewel of the Seas - Nedere Reid 4/30/11

9. LG Legend of the Seas - Julianne

10. LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Francois Roux

________________________(Diamond) -Nicola Baker

11. -- Majesty of the Seas (MJ) - none

12. MA Mariner of the Seas - Allen Fajardo (on holiday starting March 2010 - Katherine of CS will stand in)

13. -- Monarch of the Seas (MN) - none

14. NV Navigator of the Seas – Carlos Marasigan /Carlos Javier/ Ortiz (barman Allen and Michael Solomon)Tuliois in satellite lounge

15. OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge) Julian Quierco

____________________(Diamond) - /Ricardo Mock Fernando Ugalde

16. RD Radiance of the Seas- Juan Diego Mirand-Allen/ 12/05/10

17. -- Rhapsody of the Seas (RH) - none

18. SR Serenade of the Seas - Gershwin Bronswinkel (barkeeps, Gia and Angelito)

19. SP Splendour of the Seas – Kelly Rizzaldo / Fatima Scudiere

20. -- Vision of the Seas (VI) - none

21. VY Voyager of the Seas -Israel Sanchez 11/25/10

Is the Concierges supposed to e-mail you before your sailing if you're in a GS or higher? Or do only some of the concierges do this?

Also, when do they normally e-mail you?

I had the Concierge email so I did email her (Jewel) and received a return email. I did not have any special request prior to sailing. If you need anything special prior you might want to contact. I had the Concierge handle a special cocktail party once on board..

Updates anyone?

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Vanessa Rodrigues/Duygu Tanel (DeDe)/Robert Madouche- Carmen

2. BR Brilliance of the Seas - Ivan (barkeeps Norman)/ Duygu Tanel (DeDe)14DEC-??FEB Angela in Diamond Lounge.

4. EX Explorer of the Seas -Cherry Santos/ Carlos Ortiz (Barkeep Ismael - Julius Cloud9)

________________________(Diamond) - Willie Salay Rahul Barua, Fernando Ugalde, Amit

12. MA Mariner of the Seas - Allen Fajardo (on holiday starting March 2010 - Katherine of CS will stand in)

14. NV Navigator of the Seas – Carlos Marasigan /Carlos Javier/ Ortiz (barman Allen and Michael Solomon)Tuliois in satellite lounge

Jasmin has replaced Nedere Reid on the Jewel, but I believe that Ned will be back from her vacation sometime in December. Jasmin seemed a bit overwhelmed by her role on the repositioning but that may have been because of the very large numbers of Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members on board for that cruise.

Updates anyone?

We also just got off Liberty on Saturday. Francois left the ship on Saturday for 2 months vacation - he will not be going back to Liberty - he will then be joining the Serenade.

Also DeDe is no longer Concierge on Adventure - she is now Front Desk Manager. It's now Reshma - don't know her surname, sorry.

The prediction about D+ no longer having access to the CL seems to be a cruise critic self-fulfilling prophecy. I am interested to know if anyone has anything more than speculation to add.

Karen,

I'm still catching up after being on VY for 4 weeks, but I had to comment on this. I do not have anything more than speculation to add, but my gut tells me there are more changes coming.

While the DL venue itself is possibly nicer (when they don't have to go to an overflow area), I personally still prefer the ambience of the CL and the relative quiet.

I'm afraid it's a "use-it-or-lose-it" proposition. If, for whatever reason, we use the Diamond lounge, I think they will decide that we prefer that lounge and/or that we believe it's equivalent to the CL, so D+ will be banned from the CL.

Another thing which points to this possibility is the news that Pinnacle members will now have Gold cards which give access to suite-only venues.

Another small issue: on one of the turnaround days on VY I had breakfast in the regular part of the MDR, since the D/D+ space was reserved for Gold cards only. One of the D/D+ waiters saw me and asked me if I wanted cappuccino. I said I didn't because I didn't want to pay for it. It was not a matter of money, I explained to him, but rather, if you're willing to pay for something that you can get for free, you will no longer get it for free. JMHO.

Anyway, see you on NV in a few weeks.

OK, I've made the corrections mentioned since reposting the list. If anyone has additional corrections PLEASE go ahead and make them.

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Reshma

8. JW Jewel of the Seas - Jasmin

Archived