phoenixlady

NCL Sun to W. Caribbean 3/8/8

My daughter and her husband are going on their first cruise next year. They're sailing on the Sun. Could anyone who has sailed on it give me any feedback? How's the food and any other amenities?

We are on the same cruise. We've really relied on these message boards for a lot of information. This will be our forth NCL cruise but the first on the Sun. We've been on the Majesty (1) and the Dream(2)

I was on the Sun western itinerary in Feb. We liked the ship. We had a balcony room and were happy with it. I thought the food was good, though I like seafood and fish more than meat and I thought those options were not as plentiful as other lines. It's almost like on NCL to get the 'good food' you have to pay the premium for the specialty restaurants. (Though the food I did eat in the non-pay restaurants was good and I enjoyed it.)

We did eat one time at the steakhouse. The food was good, but I don't think it was $80 good (2 couples) when your meals are included with your cruise fare. That is not just for the Sun, that's NCL in general.....

In Feb the ship was overrun with children - over 500 of them. Let's hope they don't have that many children on their cruise. NCL doesn't enforce its rules and the kids took over the elevators, hottubs, pool, disco... We still had a wonderful time, but that was very discouraging. We'll make sure we don't go on an NCL cruise during Spring break, summer or President's week.

Who could possibly have a bad time on a cruise ship?! They will have a wonderful time!