How much does Woodwind charge?

paddock

• 2 months later...

We had booked the Woodwind for a snorkeling trip based on the ad in their website:

Wednesdays (10:00 – 15:00): Meet at 9:45 AM at Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and follow the Woodwind signs.

<EM><FONT color=darkred>What we do: <SPAN class=style7>Five hours with sailing and guided (drift) snorkeling. This is a day for snorkeling lovers, as one can truly relax and enjoy the

Just got back from the Crown. Had reservations with Woodwind for when we docked. After looking for the "Woodwinds" sign and not seeing it, we started walking. Asked a tour guide and they said that the person was just there.

What now:confused: with beach bag and snorkel gear, we found the sign :) , then we were asked to come back @ 1:00 :mad:

We were back by 12:55 and didn't see anyone. Found another very nice tour guide and she called them. They told her to send us to their boat, which was a a small hike away. We were none too happy:eek:

We were treated nicely and were taken to 1 or possibly 2 sights. Granted they pointed different fish out to us and fed us light snacks and drinks, but nothing worth $50/pp. Their website stated that lunch was included, not snacks. The total trip time was about 2.5 hrs, again not the 4 hrs promised in their ad.

Bonaire is a beautiful island, so enjoy it as best you can.

• 2 months later...

If you've been on the Woodwind, or have plans to be, could you please come back and give a review?? There are several conflicting reports and hoping to get some more input! Thanks!!

Also, if you care to make any other recommendations, that would be great too!

If you've been on the Woodwind, or have plans to be, could you please come back and give a review?? There are several conflicting reports and hoping to get some more input! Thanks!!

great question! I want to know too!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I were on the Woodwind in November and honestly feel that this was the best snorkel trip we have ever experienced. I have done 143 dives and 30 snorkels in many parts of the world and can only rave about our Woodwind experience. Much better than our recent Hawaii trip.

The Woodwind is owned and operated by Dee and Ulf, two great people. Dee is fantastic as a guide and instructor. Ulf steadfastly operates the ship, a trimaran. The sights we visited were teeming with fish of all types and colors, to include turtles and an octopus. It is great that only 25 people are permitted, no crowds and plenty of personal attention given. Nice people, great experience. Highly recommend. If you are into shore based snorkels, then I would highly recommend Renee, otherwise the woodwind would be my choice.

My wife and I took this tour in Feb. '07. I thought that Dee was charming, and managed our almost-full ship. We were on the Crown Princess, and there were a number of other tours going over to Klein Bonaire. The Woodwind was manageable for our small group, and it is a nice feeling to sail on it.

As far as the snorkling on Bonaire, it is among the best spots in the world. The Woodwind hit all of the right areas to see beautilful sea life, including sea turtles. If I had a few comments where the trip didn't meet our expectations, they would be:

1. The drift snorkling is strenuous. It should only be undertaken by strong swimmers, in my opinion. You are drifting against the tide for about 1/2 mile, and you are over 100 yds. off shore. Dee does a great job overseeing the group, but a novice (as am I) had a little struggle. You can go back to the Woodwind (as did my wife and I), and meet the folks later. There is a much more placid site later on in the trip, so you are not left out.

2. If there is a large ship in port, then many of the other operators get the prime locations at Klein Bonaire. We had to anchor offshore, and it was a bit of a struggle to get to the beach, and back.

I don't want to discourage you, but the key to me is the experience that you have as snorklers. If you are capable, this is the best trip in the world. If there are 'rookies', they may need to forgo some of the more beautiful snorkling areas. Just my humble opinion.

We are heading to Bonaire on 3/5/08 with the Crown Princess and have e-mailed Ulf that we want to out with them that day. He e-mailed back that this was great and "we'll see you then"

I thought that was kinda odd and that he'd want a credit card number and then I'd be assured to get our two spots.

Is this the way they normally do things?:confused:

We are heading to Bonaire on 3/5/08 with the Crown Princess and have e-mailed Ulf that we want to out with them that day. He e-mailed back that this was great and "we'll see you then"

I thought that was kinda odd and that he'd want a credit card number and then I'd be assured to get our two spots.

Is this the way they normally do things?:confused:

He does not require a credit card. Bring cash, towel and a smile is what he said to me. I have been in contact with him several times on behalf of our roll call group. He is very easy to work with via email and pretty quick to respond. His wife (Dee) will meet you at the pier, she will be holding a sign that says "Woodwind". I have read some negative reviews, but also positive. I would, however, email him again with any questions/concerns you may have. I also suggest bringing the email with you incase they do not have your name on the list. Just as a backup. Have a great time!

Just heard from them - we are on Celebrity but we get in too late to g on their afternoon and Renee is full but I will share this with you - absolutely everyone raves about Renee and when I ask her to suggest someone because she was full she suggested Woodwind which I would consider a good rec because of her reputation. We are still looking for alternative to ship excursion and drawing a blank - oh well go and enjoy - it should be a good time .

We reserved a tour with this outfit and could not find them after disembarking the cruise ship, no signs to see, nothing. Contacted them by phone at the pier and they gave us the runaround for an hour and then they finally told us the tour had already sailed (dishonest bloke).

The guy I think the owner Ulf with a beaded beard was very obnoxious, rude and never ONCE said sorry for the mix-up. He was pretty arrogant. I would stay as far away from this company as possible. This ruined our Bonaire stop while on a 7-day cruise.

Wow! You must be really upset - you've posted the same warning on a couple different posts. We were scheduled to tour with Woodwind, but had to cancel due to medical issues. I think we would have cancelled anyhow because his replies to my questions were extremely abrupt - bordering on rude. But I figured it was just me or the impersonal email thing, where you can't really judge a persons character through short replies. Anyway, sorrry for your experience.

im sorry that your experience was so bad, ours was great, the walk to the boat was only about 5 minutes, flat land, they did feed us on the boat, our tour was supposed to be 5 hours but it got pretty windy so it was cut a little short but it was still beautiful, the 4 of us thought that it was well worth the money and only 1 of us actually did the full snorkel,

i would definately do it again..

• 6 months later...

I have been on many sails and snorkeling tours, and I would not recommend the Woodwind. I will say the snorkeling was fantastic, and Dee was extremely charming. I don't want to post what I didn't like, but trust me on this one...it's not the best.

I have been on many sails and snorkeling tours, and I would not recommend the Woodwind. I will say the snorkeling was fantastic, and Dee was extremely charming. I don't want to post what I didn't like, but trust me on this one...it's not the best.

Ahoy!

We are booked with Ulf, Dee and the kid's for a Nov. sail / snorkel. Thus far the reservation emails have been timely and testimonials / reviews have seemed to be good overall.

I was just wondering if there's any sort of diplomatic way you could convey your displeasure with the tour in a more detailed fashion.

If you'd rather contact me personally please do so at juboltd at msn dot com .

Thanks so much.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

• 1 month later...
Ahoy!

We are booked with Ulf, Dee and the kid's for a Nov. sail / snorkel. Thus far the reservation emails have been timely and testimonials / reviews have seemed to be good overall.

I was just wondering if there's any sort of diplomatic way you could convey your displeasure with the tour in a more detailed fashion.

If you'd rather contact me personally please do so at juboltd at msn dot com .

Thanks so much.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

Bob I would very much like to hear how your tour was.

Laura

Archived