Cabins on Century

DeSto

We're considering cruising on the Century the 2nd time next March - also cruised on the Galaxy before. I noticed the cabins right by the Guest Relations Desk last time, and wondered if anyone out there has stayed in them before. They're on the Plaza deck (5048-5071), and I remember the hallway being quite wide (handicapped cabins are located there), but is there much noise from the Grand Foyer, or the traffic above these cabins? I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

When last I kicked it old school upon the mighty waves, I took a tip from my travel agent and got one of them family ocean view staterooms on the aft end of the ship. The mattress from the pull down bed fits perfectly in the window sill/ledge/whatever you call it. My wife and I spent most of the cruise there and it was mui romantico.

We had one of those cabins on the maiden voyage of the Century back in 95. It was a wonderful cabin - mid everything - no cabins across from us and like you said wide hallways. The only problem with the location was getting to the dining room. If your table is on 5, you do have to go up one floor(to 6) to get to the dining room as the kitchen closes the passage on 5. But other than that, the room was quiet and there wasn't a lot of traffic.

The only problem we had was due to it being the maiden voyage, the ship being built in Germany and sailing across the North Atlantic to New York in December with just the crew onboard. The ship got quite a tossing crossing (according to the crew that we talked to) and had minor problems for the first couple of days of the cruise. There are pipes in the wall across from those cabins, and one of them sprung a leak - flooding the floor of our cabin.

Thanks so much - I'm going to go ahead and get these cabins. I've also read that you can book a handicapped cabin without being disabled, but I just can't bring myself to do that. This is the BEST way to get specific questions answered! I can't believe it has taken us 9 cruises to find it! Thanks again.

Thanks so much - I'm going to go ahead and get these cabins. I've also read that you can book a handicapped cabin without being disabled, but I just can't bring myself to do that. This is the BEST way to get specific questions answered! I can't believe it has taken us 9 cruises to find it! Thanks again.

Hi DeSto !

I am glad you are enjoying our message boards. I truly feel this is one of the best places on the internet to ask questions.

I have had several cabins on Century, and I have not had a bad one yet !

A quick comment on the Handicapped cabins.... I was under the impression that (as of recently) per Celebrity, you had to have a Doctor's note to get a Handicapped Cabin, and that they were only sold to others on a last minute basis.

Personally, I could NEVER take a Handicapped Cabin, just to get a larger cabin, as I know there are others who need a larger cabin MUCH more than I do. If I want a larger Cabin, I will pay for it.

Sadly, I know there are many who dont share my thoughts, but there is little I can do about that. I only wish people would think twice, and three and four times, before taking a Handicapped cabin that they do not need.

Regards,

Andy

We've recently booked an inside cabin right behing Guest Relations for our upcoming cruise. (Not a handicap room, I might add!) Glad to hear that it shouldn't be too noisy. This is our first venture into an inside room - we've had outside and balcony before. Do you know if these inside rooms have refrigerators? I'm assuming they don't since I can't find anything about it on Celebrity's website, but thought I would ask the experts anyways. Thanks.

I've stayed in these cabins three times on the Century. They are fine...I stay there because the foyer then becomes like my own living room and I like the openness of the deck. Yes there are mini-fridges in the inside cabins.

Archived