Traveler Nina

What exactly is Pol Acker?

Great and funny comments about the " wonderful Pol Acker"- i always give it to some tablemates or some who appreciate the bubbly- maybe I should take it home- to use it to get rid of rust and things like that!

Great and funny comments about the " wonderful Pol Acker"- i always give it to some tablemates or some who appreciate the bubbly- maybe I should take it home- to use it to get rid of rust and things like that!

It can get rid of the Norovirus.

Or cause it....

Pol Acker. Is it from Poland?

We must have been really bad in a previous life because we got not one but two bottles of the stuff last week in our QV stateroom !!

We must have been really bad in a previous life because we got not one but two bottles of the stuff last week in our QV stateroom !!

Or good. Depends on whether you have paintbrushes to clean or not.

Ever wondered why they only offer watercolour art classes? If they would do oil paintings, everyone would bring the PA to class.;p

I'm going to be a bit more pragmatic - Coming from someone who given a choice would go for a red wine (pretty much any red wine > £5 a bottle) in preference to (any) champagne all I can say is that real Champagne and Pol Acker are both drinkable! I wouldn't buy a bottle of either for myself ... but If I had too ... then I would buy the Pol Acker over the Champagne, save a bit of money and get a nice bottle of red with the change ;-)

Posted (edited)

Well all I can say is that if the comments on here (and other threads on this Cunard board) are anything to go by, then I am seriously concerned over the quality of anything provided as part of my cruise fare and delivered by Cunard for my forthcoming trial of the line. And that is exactly what it is in my view, a trial of what the line can offer me as a discerning cruiser of 6 different lines and 28 cruises over 14 years. So by no means a ‘newbie’ to this kind of leisure activity.

Edited by peteukmcr

Well all I can say is that if the comments on here (and other threads on this Cunard board) are anything to go by, then I am seriously concerned over the quality of anything provided as part of my cruise fare and delivered by Cunard for my forthcoming trial of the line. And that is exactly what it is in my view, a trial of what the line can offer me as a discerning cruiser of 6 different lines and 28 cruises over 14 years. So by no means a ‘newbie’ to this kind of leisure activity.

The Pol Acker is drinkable if you drown it in the orange juice that you can help yourself to from the buffet. Please note the use of the word drown :D:D

I always bring a small mini bottle of Chambord. Add a few drops and it's delightful.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

45ml bottle £3 at Asda It sounds like a perfect combo ;)

A wise man (or woman or furry creature from Alpha Centauri) once put a comforting message in large friendly letters on the cover of a guidebook: DON'T PANIC.

Cunard is a fine line in general, but they don't hand out Champagne if you just pay for a Château Migraine.

920280dce8c4be5f5e147082aca55eaa.jpg

Our Tattinger champagne is chilling in the fridge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good decision, have a great trip

497796f782eb62880adc378d6dceb413.jpg

Muster done, champagne sail away. Waiting for QE to sail away first.

37df9c4276e7f60a2356ab0141e613d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a look at a bottle of paint stripper I obtained in spring. It states "Produced in France by CFGV 67160 Wissembourg/France". Have a look at their Website http://www.caves-wissembourg.com if you like. One of their Blanc de Blancs would set you back about € 2.20.

By the way, Alsace is known for having the largest wine cellars in Europe - outside the Republic of Moldova. Having tasted Alsatian wine, I started to understand why Alsace is home to 75% of France's breweries. ;)