Just back from the Holiday

jakesplace

Just returned from the Holiday 9/1/07. Had a great trip.

had no problems except they mad me get off the ship this morning and go back to work, How mean can you be?:rolleyes:

Just kidding.

They did a great job.

I was sent several gifts to my cabin, some do to being platinum and others because I have friends on board.

also was invited to dinner with the captain at his table and had a great time.

I did have the brown water thing briefly on the hot water side, but once I turned it back to cold then back to hot it was gone. It reminded me of the Well water we used to have in the country, its filtered and won't hurt you.

no sewer smells to report other then the one I created regularly.;)

Excursion to the ruins was good.

I was also comp a snorkeling excursion which was also good.

ship is in good shape. food was great, Crew was best.:)

Hi there.

Glad to hear you had a good trip on the Holiday. We've sailed her once before and had a great experience. Back then, she was in New Orleans. How was the rocking/motion while you were getting out of Mobile & the river?

We had booked a guarantee room, but TA found a past guest discount and we rebooked for a room on the Upper deck. Think we'll be okay?

Thanks!!!

Lisa

Am going on Holiday in Apr. 08. Which ruins did you see as that is going to be my shore excursion and I see several. One has several hours on a bus that I thought would be good to see countryside, but I am wondering abt. crime and security on that bus. I read a post of a family being robbed on an excursion booked thru Carnival and I thought that the bus usually travels that route and would be open to anyone stopping it and causing trouble. Am I being paranoid or see a real threat?

for the Holidays Sat departures...so far..could change due to other ships on the same route. I will post after 9/15 cruise

I wanna go back now, too.....Why do I have to wait till October ??? :confused: It was great to meet you and can't wait to see you again. :D

I wanna go back now, too.....Why do I have to wait till October ??? :confused: It was great to meet you and can't wait to see you again. :D

the champagne was great in the art auction. I had a fab time in NOLA...planning my duds for nest week. A GF I met the last day, may come with me.

had no problems except they mad me get off the ship this morning and go back to work, How mean can you be?:rolleyes:

Just kidding.

They did a great job.

I was sent several gifts to my cabin, some do to being platinum and others because I have friends on board.

I did have the brown water thing briefly on the hot water side, but once I turned it back to cold then back to hot it was gone. It reminded me of the Well water we used to have in the country, its filtered and won't hurt you.

Wow, dinner with the Captain. Do the waiters fuss a bit more? Is it fairly formal and pretentious or laidback and friendly?

Payd:)

Am going on Holiday in Apr. 08. Which ruins did you see as that is going to be my shore excursion and I see several. One has several hours on a bus that I thought would be good to see countryside, but I am wondering abt. crime and security on that bus. I read a post of a family being robbed on an excursion booked thru Carnival and I thought that the bus usually travels that route and would be open to anyone stopping it and causing trouble. Am I being paranoid or see a real threat?

bamafan,

I think what you are referring to happened in Jamaica. We've been to Mexico many times on cruises and have never had a problem. The Mexican people are very friendly and helpful. Have fun!!!

browneyes7:o

Sorry for the late reply everyone, I went out of town to the Alabama game this weekend.

I will try and answer all your questions.

Msgirl- The motion is not all that much. easy way to say it is much to do about nothing. everything was calm most all of the trip.

Bamafan- This area was clean and decent. bus ride to ruins was on a interstate type system with good pave roads. The ruins were great, they have vendors inside trying to sale you stuff, just say no and move on, no high pressure stuff.

Ilovmygrand- we went to progresso first for 8 hrs, then to Cozumel next day hrs, this will most likely be the route for the 5 day cruises leaving Mobile on Saturday.

Toast- above answer

Payd- yes they fuss a little bit more, The Maitre'D waits on you and with two assistant's. Its formal, but with conversation- but they are laid back and very friendly.

Hope htis helps, and evryone have a great cruise in the future.

on my April cruise..I was the "Senior" girl, and 4 young skirts, + a female purser, the all "the Boys"..A birthday was celebrated also. Nice gift of the pic w/autograph of capt etc. Guess Jakes n I just live right..but then we are reular guests also.

Just kidding.

They did a great job.

Jakesplace, which ruins did you visit ?

Sorry for the late reply everyone, I went out of town to the Alabama game this weekend.

I will try and answer all your questions.

Msgirl- The motion is not all that much. easy way to say it is much to do about nothing. everything was calm most all of the trip.

Bamafan- This area was clean and decent. bus ride to ruins was on a interstate type system with good pave roads. The ruins were great, they have vendors inside trying to sale you stuff, just say no and move on, no high pressure stuff.

Ilovmygrand- we went to progresso first for 8 hrs, then to Cozumel next day hrs, this will most likely be the route for the 5 day cruises leaving Mobile on Saturday.

Toast- above answer

Payd- yes they fuss a little bit more, The Maitre'D waits on you and with two assistant's. Its formal, but with conversation- but they are laid back and very friendly.

Hope htis helps, and evryone have a great cruise in the future.

Thanks jakesplace for your review. What hours were you in each of the port, or at least what time of day? Carnival has Costa Maya 12pm-7pm & Cozumel 7am-5pm, but I thought I heard that when Costa Maya was replaced with Progreso, it was changed to the morning hours. Just trying to plan my days out. Carnival has no answers, in fact they won't even state that it's been changed....duh

Thanks,

Askshorty

Archived