Two Queens and Sun Princess 24th February

cheznandy

saw a mention of a dinner cruise on a website for the arrival of the ships. any idea?

dave

its on the roll calls world cruise qe2.

The dinner cruises are too expensive for most of us. Chez is currently on a cruise and will return this weekend. She has two options with charters where we can take our own food & drink onboard, without paying the exorbitant prices of the catered ones. She is awaiting a confirmation from the preferred one.

Will see what shakes out next week.

Cheers

Geoff

Just found this cruise by Captain Cook cruises, the Queen Victoria farewell one looks good, departs at 4.30pm, so we might just see the Sun Princess leave, we would see the Queen Vic leave and the QE11 move to OPT. Returns at 7pm, so is 21/2 hours for $46, not bad. Includes a drink and nibblies.

http://www.captaincook.com.au/home.asp?pageid=1661f5dd27c61ddc&cruiseid=26C493B3465F8BEF

Let me know what you think, didnt hear back from the others, and as I have been cruising, havent been here to chase them up.

We could all have some dinner somewhere after perhaps?? or lunch before??

Chez

xx

Looks pretty good Chez. $46 is not a bad price, considering they could charge like a wounded bull.:rolleyes: Only concern is the amount of people on the boat. I assume it would be on one of their larger vessels. Just a thought.....

Anyone keen doing the 5am welcome cruise on the 23rd??:p ;)

Just found this cruise by Captain Cook cruises, the Queen Victoria farewell one looks good, departs at 4.30pm, so we might just see the Sun Princess leave, we would see the Queen Vic leave and the QE11 move to OPT. Returns at 7pm, so is 21/2 hours for $46, not bad. Includes a drink and nibblies.

http://www.captaincook.com.au/home.asp?pageid=1661f5dd27c61ddc&cruiseid=26C493B3465F8BEF

Let me know what you think, didnt hear back from the others, and as I have been cruising, havent been here to chase them up.

We could all have some dinner somewhere after perhaps?? or lunch before??

Chez

xx

The Sunday arvo sounds great. Am also interested in dinner after. (and an accom deal?;) ). I gather this will be all done as individual bookings, so less hassle for you too Chez!

Cheers

Geoff

Yeah Geoff, think it might be best, these private charters are hanging out for better deals I think, where they can charge more and get more people on, as its a special event.

Will see what others have to say, I will contact Captain Cook tomorrow to make sure there is availability etc, then we will all be responsible for our own bookings. Andy and I might have to drive back to Port that night depending on our work situation:confused: I will also contact Rhythmboat again and see what they have come up with, and perhaps we can decide something definate by the end of the week.

Chez

xx

Fantastic Gail:) will be a lovely day on the harbour.

I just contacted Captain Cook, they said there could be up to 200 on the boat, 70 have already booked, I also called Rhythm boats and they havent put anything else on their website but he is emailing me some info, so we will see which one we think is the best then everyone can book and pay individually.

Chez

xx

Just received some info via email from rhythmboats, here is part of it:

Cheryl cc Adam

We are now taking Bookings via phone & asking customers to call us back early January for Times & payment.

I am Guessing 11am & 6pm Saturday / 11am Sunday 5pm Sunday

This is a Guess only these ships come from overseas so putting a time on it is impossible at the minute.

(if you were on the last year cruise im sure you will understand arrival times are provided closer to the date)

The flyer part of it states that the 3 course seafood lunch is $75 and the dinner is $120. I know this cruise is about 4 hours, ours was last time.

We would only have to each ring and book and confirm and pay in January??

$120 is a bit steep, but the Sunday 24th 11am looks ok for $75.

So the choice is, Captain Cook cruise, 21/2 hours $46 Sunday, one drink and nibblies, 24th Feb at 4pm

or Rhythm boat, about 4 hours, $75 for 3 course seafood lunch at 11am Sunday 24th.

Please state what you think, I know we prob wont all agree:rolleyes: :) but if we want to go together...........

Chez

xx

Just received some info via email from rhythmboats, here is part of it:

Cheryl cc Adam

We are now taking Bookings via phone & asking customers to call us back early January for Times & payment.

I am Guessing 11am & 6pm Saturday / 11am Sunday 5pm Sunday

This is a Guess only these ships come from overseas so putting a time on it is impossible at the minute.

(if you were on the last year cruise im sure you will understand arrival times are provided closer to the date)

The flyer part of it states that the 3 course seafood lunch is $75 and the dinner is $120. I know this cruise is about 4 hours, ours was last time.

We would only have to each ring and book and confirm and pay in January??

$120 is a bit steep, but the Sunday 24th 11am looks ok for $75.

So the choice is, Captain Cook cruise, 21/2 hours $46 Sunday, one drink and nibblies, 24th Feb at 4pm

or Rhythm boat, about 4 hours, $75 for 3 course seafood lunch at 11am Sunday 24th.

Please state what you think, I know we prob wont all agree:rolleyes: :) but if we want to go together...........

Chez

xx

Chez,

My only concern with the rhythm boat is that it is up in the air till January, but I can live with that. Rhythm boat is better value too! Interesting that the byog and food offer is not available.

I will float on whoevers boat!

Cheers

Geoff

Chez,

My only concern with the rhythm boat is that it is up in the air till January, but I can live with that. Rhythm boat is better value too! Interesting that the byog and food offer is not available.

I will float on whoevers boat!

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff, the BYO offer is only on the charters, and only a very few of them. The rhythmboat actually sailing isnt up in the air, he said they will definatley cruise, it's just as to how many they will put out will depend on the bookings,last year they had two, and also the times, if the Queens change their times, it gives them the opportunity to change so we still get to see both I guess??? I am leaning towards the 11am Sunday lunch, then those that want to hang around for a couple more hours can watch the QV leave and the QE11 berth in OPT,

Chez

xx

Geoff, the BYO offer is only on the charters, and only a very few of them. The rhythmboat actually sailing isnt up in the air, he said they will definatley cruise, it's just as to how many they will put out will depend on the bookings,last year they had two, and also the times, if the Queens change their times, it gives them the opportunity to change so we still get to see both I guess??? I am leaning towards the 11am Sunday lunch, then those that want to hang around for a couple more hours can watch the QV leave and the QE11 berth in OPT,

Chez

xx

Ahh - OK Chez, sounds good, and it is good to be loyal with the one you had a great time with last year too!

Cheers

Geoff

The Rythm Boat certainly sounds like the best value. But I'm easy.

Karen

Haha we already knew that Karen:p

Ok, so how about I call Rhythm boat tomorrow and make my booking, tell him we are from the CC group, then everyone can just call and book???

Heres the details:

Rhythm Boats

Bookings Adam

9879 3942

February 24th 11am lunch Harbour Cruise

Hi cruisers

I have just called Rhythm boat and gave my details, please say you are with the Cruise Critic group, so we can all get on the one boat if they decide to run 2. You will just need to leave your name and phone number at this stage. Payment around January when times are confirmed. Make sure you tell him how many you are booking for.

Seabourndt, if you want to send me an email with your name and mobile number I would be happy to book for you from here, email address in my profile, they havent got booking info up for the Queens on the website.

Also for everyone, when you have booked, can you just let us know here, I have put down a figure of about 30, if its less its ok, but if its more, we need to adjust it so we are all together.

Details again:

Bookings Adam

9879 3942

Rhythmboat Cruises

Feb 24th 2008, 11am Lunch Cruise (Cruise critic group)

Chez CD

xx

thanks for doing this chez.

i have booked for 4.

I know my friend niki wanted to do this too but she is away in fiji at the moment so when she gets back i will get her to book and let you know here as well to add to the numbers

thanks for doing this chez.

i have booked for 4.

I know my friend niki wanted to do this too but she is away in fiji at the moment so when she gets back i will get her to book and let you know here as well to add to the numbers

So Karon, are you taking your kids?

Karen

Archived