Jeepgirl42

Advanced Registration Problems?

Has anyone else had problems with the Advanced Registration on NCL's website? I have tried to register every day (sometimes a few times a day) for the last couple of weeks, and I just keep getting error messages.

I called NCL and they said to just keep trying... we don't leave until November, but wanted to get registered - anyone else experience this lately?

Jeepgirl

I have and may know the problem. For some reasons, NCL's website doesn't support certain web browsers. For example at home I use Firefox - my favorite web browser. Work has not progressed to this state (before I get flamed for looking up stuff at work, I suggest you try staying up all night a few times!:rolleyes: Sometimes it's the only thing that keeps me awake around 4/5 am), they still use internet explorer, and an older version at that.

So my suggestion is try internet explorer or a different browser. Hope this helps.:)

I kept retrying too. Finally I changed the phone number fields - I had DH's cell number for both home and cell.... once I changed that, it worked.

I don't know why....given that a website is critical to doing business these days...but the NCL website is the most hopeless website I have ever run into. I am not sure what the problem is because I am not a computer 'wiz'....but I do know that we went through the same thing you are just last month. The only thing we did was to keep trying over and over again! Finally we got it to respond.

Don't count on it to get your shore excursions or any other 'special' requests you have for your crusie right either...we didn't get our excursions straightened out until we were on the ship and found out that the tickets were not in our suite!!

I undestand that NCL has hired a new guy that is supposed to be in charge of rebuilding the site. Can't be soon enough for us.

I also use Firefox browser but was unable to register on NCL in either Firefox or Internet Explorer. I finally had luck and it went through but I had to clear all NCL cookies each time I had to send something through. Just doesn't make sense in this day and age that a company as big as NCL can't get a decent working site.

It has been awhile since we had to register online (too long!:) ), but we have always had trouble doing it. We would then call and be put on hold etc etc. -- it is funny they told us to try using Firefox-- once it worked and once it did not. Eventually, we finally got through.

I will say this- that after several times of frustration- we emailed their customer service dept. (I think that was the dept.) and we got 3 different phone calls from NCL checking on us to see if we got through and the problem was solved.

Honestly, it became a game for us.... "Let's see if the registration will work tonight!" As the departure date got closer though-- it started to just plain irritate us! We did end up enjoying our cruise!

As someone else mentioned, when they changed the phone number they were entering the process then worked. My sister had this problem as well. The initial reservation went under my phone number (we reserved at the same time and they somehow put our number on her reservation). Not realizing this she could not register and NCL reps couldn't help her. Finally we talked and she tried my phone number and it worked! :)

I had the same problem and tried everything, including changing browsers, cookies, computers, etc. and about pulled my hair out! The NCL rep said to leave the cell phone box blank. Now, why on earth they have boxes to fill in but doing so causes an error message is beyond me. So, after trying to pre-register for 3 weeks ( we are leaving in 2) I finally got it to work. I had to leave the cell box blank, the return air boxes blank, and I think the email box blank! I did everything else the same but filling these in caused an error message. At the top of the page there are required items in red and the above items are not included in the list. Like I said, there are blanks for you to fill in but I found (and the rep said) to leave them blank. I hope this helps an maybe others had different experiences but it finally worked!:eek:

I had the same problems, Lakeland Cat. Hope you have it straightened out.

Do you know anything about Xpress disembarkation? Their customer service stinks!

I had the same problem with the online Advanced Registration. It did have something to do with the phone number that the booking agency had put in on the booking. NCL will advise you to call the booking agency and have them change the phone numbers so they will match what you put in because the site needs a match on the home phone number. Or, NCL will email the blank documents that you can fax back to them, which is what I did and it was updated in their system within a couple of hours.

It is really not a very user-friendly site.

Good luck!

GIGIGO

Same problem here with advanced registration. Try hitting refresh button and you are in. However, once you fill out the form, you will have same problem when you hit submit. Just go back to registration form and hit refresh again. Worked for me.

Still no luck... I left out the cell phone number, I tried it from work using Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, I hit the refresh button.... grrrr! :mad:

I guess I will just keep trying... I still have a few weeks before I really start getting nervous! :)

Thanks for all the tips though... hopefully NCL will get this fixed soon!

Jeepgirl

I had terrible trouble in May. It asks for things that really aren't relevant and it can't handle people who live outside of the USA. I ended up phoning them 3 times which cost me a bundle from Australia to get it sorted out. I was on the phone for at least an hour all up. Lets just say that it will be a while before we go through that again. Mummsie

I finally managed to register yesterday after trying for the past three months. (used Explorer instead of Firefox:eek: )

I pre-registered Sunday afternoon, no problem at all, used IE7...

My only problem is, we don't leave till Jan.:mad:

I was registering clients yesterday, first time I have ever had a problem. they had tried last week and couldn't get past step 1. When I tried I had no problem with the MR but wife i just got the error response. I finally called reservtions, they sent me to guest services who took care of the problem and emailed me the conformation. You may have to do it that way.

Nita

I've been trying for a few days now with no luck. Every time I enter my reservation number, all I get is an error message saying "category not available"

I had been trying to register for the past 2 months. Went to my travel agents office a week ago and had her try it from her computer, thinking the problem was with my computer. She was unable and called NCL for me. They told her to have me keep trying. I was frustrated yesterday and called NCL myself, lovely lady named Rose Marie. She tried for me and had trouble. She connected me to automated systems support. The problem was fixed in 30 seconds!!! My travel agent had put my cell phone number down as my house number when she registered us for the cruise. If you try to register and it is not exactly as you were booked it kicks you out! My cruise is just 3 weeks away and I was beginning to get worried, but, all is well! Automated systems support #1-866-625-1160, hope this helps! Julie

I've had problems too. I just tried the "changing the phone number game" and it worked! I changed my phone number to my girlfriend's (which is another area code even) and it registered! Then, get this, I started to register her with her same number and it kept giving errors. Soooooo, I put my number (which it didn't like on my registration) on hers and....drum roll please....it worked! Weird! Stupid! Awww, but cruising is so awesome.

:rolleyes:

I registered a week ago and had no problems. I used Internet explorer 7, filled in all boxes, cell number, flights. Did it for 3 people, no problems. Guess computers have bad days too but they arent allowed too. Just wanted to give some hope that sometimes it does work lol

Just wanted to give an update - I finally got it to work!!!! :)

I put my cell phone number in where my home phone should be, and left the cell phone number box blank, and it worked!

I had tried just switching my home and cell before but that didn't work, so I thought I would try one more time...

I had to put my cell phone number in for my DH's registration too, it wouldn't take his cell phone or the home phone.... weird, but at least I finally got it!

I registered about two weeks ago with Firefox. Worked like a charm. I guess I was lucky

It took me about 10 Mins but then worked for 3 of us!!! I'm one the lucky ones!!:)

Just wanted to give an update - I finally got it to work!!!! :)

I put my cell phone number in where my home phone should be, and left the cell phone number box blank, and it worked!

I had tried just switching my home and cell before but that didn't work, so I thought I would try one more time...

I had to put my cell phone number in for my DH's registration too, it wouldn't take his cell phone or the home phone.... weird, but at least I finally got it!

I had a similar problem with the cell phone/home phone boxes. We don't have a landline phone, so I was using our cell phone for both and it wasn't going through. :rolleyes: I ended up using my parent's home phone number. Oh well, at least we're all registered now. I'm glad you figured yours out, too! :D

i just registered 2 days ago, we don't have landlines either. took our cell phone and i did it on IE7. no problems, but i will check it as we get closer to the sailing date. booking excursions has been easy, also. would be nice to know why some have problems and some don't. but in our family there is a reason why i do all the internet stuff..i don't think DH could even find the right page to fill our the stuff.

I, too, have been having problems pre-registering for the past several weeks, and even created a new thread about it. However tried again to day and it worked perfectly. I called ncl customer service who advised me to give it a go today as it should be working. Btw, I've read quite often on this forum that cs is not so great with ncl, however the actual staff who attempt to deliver it have without fail been extremely friendly and helpful. I guess it's the frontline people with ncl who are the real stars, despite their management. Sounds all too familiar with my own (alledgedly) blue chip company!

Once I have pre-registered will my e-docs be automatically be emailed to me? How long should this take? Good luck to all those who are having trouble registering. I feel your pain!

have you paid in full? if so, you get a email with a link to the edocs. BUT before i got that email (took 3 days), i went to NCL.com and logged into my account, then my cruises...there was the button for going to my edocs. the email i use doesn't have spam protection, i didn't have to worry about it getting hiden in a spam file.

Just got back from a cruise on the Jewel. Never could do the advance registration. Called NCL many times but no one could help. When we showed up at the ship it was not problem not having it filled out. they just made a copy of our passports and on the ship we went. Had a great trip!

...Once I have pre-registered will my e-docs be automatically be emailed to me? How long should this take? Good luck to all those who are having trouble registering. I feel your pain!

Once you are paid in full, give it a couple of days and go to the NCL website and you should be able to print out your edocs. They will send an email out as well when they are ready.

Once we made final payment, we received an email with our e-docs.

Don't print out your luggage tag (that comes with the e-docs email) until the last day...you will, most likely, receive your luggage tags in the mail and not need to print out the luggage tags.

This thread has saved me alot of frustration. I filled out the advanced registration form for our upcoming cruise of the Dawn in January and got an error message, something about passenger information. I went over the form with a fine toothed comb and could not find what was wrong, NCL does not tell you. After reading this thread I went back and cleared the cell phone number field and then moved the cell phone number to the home phone field and it worked! Crazy.

i ve been so piss d with the site..perhap s with their Freestyle 2.0

they can spend a few buck s to make the site a little user

friendly..

a few time s i ve just had to exit the site completely and start over..

as for reservation s..i ve totally given up trying to order anything

thru the site..:mad: