Hello new host, whoever you are.

pb82

Way to shoot - Bevo Francis

Now there is an arcane bit of sports trivia from the mid 1950's - Who was Bevo Francis?

No fair rushing to google or other web info centers.

Actually, you have the name wrong.

Bev O'Francis was the daughter of a famous Irish drunk Wogan O'Francis. Upon hearing that his wife was expecting their first child, he got drunk. When the child was born, he got drunk again. At the christening, the priest (this was Southern Ireland) asked the baby's name. Just at that time, Wogan's sister said "Put down that bevvy O'Francis and tell yer man the baby's name". Unfortunately the priest misheard and the baby was duly christened Bev O'Francis.

David

Come come boys your'e not putting in the heavy lifting required on this one.

Although after all the sleep deprived stories being told on other threads I marvel that you are even slightly coherent. Give it another run.

Oh crap...................

You do of course have the name backwards. Sicnarf Evob was an Albanian weight lifter of considerable skill and not insubstantial charm, particularly when it came to the ladies. But to begin at the beginning.

Born in the small village of Ch' (pronounced Chuningskivriayah), Sicnarf attended first his local Preparatory School (motto: Not Quite Ready Yet) before moving on to attend the reknowned (only) University in the capital, named after the country's long-time ("only fivedolla") Communist ruler, Comrade Somethingwithxes Looneytunes.

It was whilst attending this august institution (for the other 11 months of the year it served as a potato farm) that Sicnarf learned the art of taking steroids, becoming a very funny shape, growing man-boobies and lifting whacking great lumps of metal above his head. He was picked for the Albanian Olympic Team for 1926, which was a dubious honour as nobody had remembered to tell the Albanians that the Olympics were in fact in 1924.

Shattered by this bodyblow, Sicnarf left for the land of freedom and democracy, but ended up in America, where he eked a living selling....well, ekes obviously. He was reputed to be the man who didn't put the eke in oblong. Unfortunately, the Great Depression meant that he was really sad when a stock market crash shortly afterwards saw the bottom falling out of ekes, which is a lot less unplesant than the opposite, I can promise you.

Heeelllppppp

Oh crap...................

You do of course have the name backwards. Sicnarf Evob was an Albanian weight lifter of considerable skill and not insubstantial charm, particularly when it came to the ladies. But to begin at the beginning.

Born in the small village of Ch' (pronounced Chuningskivriayah), Sicnarf attended first his local Preparatory School (motto: Not Quite Ready Yet) before moving on to attend the reknowned (only) University in the capital, named after the country's long-time ("only fivedolla") Communist ruler, Comrade Somethingwithxes Looneytunes.

It was whilst attending this august institution (for the other 11 months of the year it served as a potato farm) that Sicnarf learned the art of taking steroids, becoming a very funny shape, growing man-boobies and lifting whacking great lumps of metal above his head. He was picked for the Albanian Olympic Team for 1926, which was a dubious honour as nobody had remembered to tell the Albanians that the Olympics were in fact in 1924.

Shattered by this bodyblow, Sicnarf left for the land of freedom and democracy, but ended up in America, where he eked a living selling....well, ekes obviously. He was reputed to be the man who didn't put the eke in oblong. Unfortunately, the Great Depression meant that he was really sad when a stock market crash shortly afterwards saw the bottom falling out of ekes, which is a lot less unplesant than the opposite, I can promise you.

Heeelllppppp

C'mon guys -- it's too early here for that involved creative stuff. And I too have spit up my coffee all over my company-owned keyboard while reading Hs' contribution! :eek: Short verse is all <I> can manage at this hour, per Karie's suggestion:

We think that we shall never see

Our host thought known as one "Andy."

A host whose post we’ve never seen --

C’mon Andy, just where’ve you been?!?!?!

Carol

Okay, now folks. I am thinking of running a pool.

What say you to five bucks a pop (2.5 pound) for guessing the post number we reach before "the powers-that-be" yank the entire thread?

Winner takes all!

I'm thinking it will be a few as yet, because I don't think he can bear the though of having to come over here and read our drivel. That's the only reason we get away with what we do. In order to pull it, he'd actually have to read it!

Karie,

who is innocent of all charges... I swear!

P.S. Just kidding about the pool! I would never do illegal gambling on line. Besides, How do I know you guys would pay up?

C'mon guys -- it's too early here for that involved creative stuff. And I too have spit up my coffee all over my company-owned keyboard while reading Hs' contribution! :eek: Short verse is all <I> can manage at this hour, per Karie's suggestion:

We think that we shall never see

Our host thought known as one "Andy."

A host whose post we’ve never seen --

C’mon Andy, just where’ve you been?!?!?!

Carol

Hey Carol...these are actually GOOD...not like some of our other drivel...:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

It seems that Host Andy is a difficult guy to track down. Perhaps he could be tempted out of hiding by a Haiku or two (wow - that rhymes. Look at that HS, I'm a poet too). Here's my contribution:

Andy is our host

We cannot lure him to us

We drift, rudderless

Jimmy

I thought "haiku" was what they give out those black belts for. :D Whatever -- I'll give it a crack, although sometimes it's difficult to count so early in the morning:

Ever vigilant, we look in vain for Andy.

Does he lurk, afraid to join the posting repartee?

Do our creative efforts not entice?

Maybe you have to have sushi to get the haiku juices flowing?

Carol

• Administrators

Hi folks,

I'm sure Host Andy was enjoying his weekend; and will stop by very soon.

During the transition, I will be co-hosting the forum with Host Andy. Yes, you're stuck with me for awhile.

Laura

Hi folks,

I'm sure Host Andy was enjoying his weekend; and will stop by very soon.

During the transition, I will be co-hosting the forum with Host Andy. Yes, you're stuck with me for awhile.

Laura

Hey,

Somebody loves us!

Thank you for making us feel wanted, Laura.

David

A voice from the dark side - May the force be with you. A couple of asprin will help before reading all of these threads or since it is now south of noon a Bloody Mary instead.

Glad to have you on board for the ride. Hopefully you are of sufficient age to have delevoped a good sense of humor. Always needed when conversing across the language barrier of two different forms of English.

Archived