Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ocruise

Greetings from the Golden - Antigua /St.Martin

Hi everyone. Having a wonderful time on this awesome boat. Here is what we did our last 2 islands and some other misc. info:

Antigua - Did the New Waves snorkel trip to Cades Reef (39.00 PP through the ship). This was a fun, great trip. The Excellence catamaran is huge & comfortable. Free fruit punches the whole time, they even give you free rum punches & captains special drinks (like a pina colada) after you snorkel. Dancing & music on the boat, great crew. A+ tour highly recommend this one.

St. Martin - Here we did our own thing & took a taxi to Dawn Beach on the Dutch side, closer than Orient (which the call the snorkler's beach, you pay 10.00 for chairs & umbrella, no entrance fee, 15.00 cab ride each way). The water was a little rough & not much snorkeling to be had at all. Also, we left after an hour because of sand fleas constantly biting us ) : I'd skip this one folks. The Isle Pinel ship's snorkel tour looked good, wish we had done this. Took a water taxi (5.00 for an all day pass, good deal) to front street, GREAt shopping, better prices than other islands. Love those cute Di\utch porcelain figures they sell.

Other misc. info:

No towel animals ) :

Free icream only at dinner and at Horizon buffet from 3:30 - 4:30

We had a balcony cabib on Aloha, bathroom is unreasonably tiny, hubby can barely fit in the shower, next time will spring for a junior suite

Will write back as soon as I get back!

~ Marina

Thanks for the update, Marina. Will be waiting for your review. In the meantime, enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for taking the time from your fabulous cruise to remember we exist...I should try that sometime. I won't though