smiles998

Best way to get to Chankanaab Park?

:confused:

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Chankanaab Park from the pier? We have scheduled the dolphin swim, but are un-sure of how to get there.

Thanks for any information,

Karen

Take a taxi, they are always waiting for passengers outside the dock area. Just confirm with your driver what the fee will be in advance. In addition, there is a fee to get into the park. When we went a few years ago it was $10 pp. I've surprised your excursion doesn't include transportation unless you are booking it outside of a ship excursion.

Take a taxi, they are always waiting for passengers outside the dock area. Just confirm with your driver what the fee will be in advance. In addition, there is a fee to get into the park. When we went a few years ago it was $10 pp. I've surprised your excursion doesn't include transportation unless you are booking it outside of a ship excursion.

Yes, we did book on our own...... The dolphin swim now includes admission to the park...(yeah!)

Do you know if it's hard to get a taxi for the return to the pier at the park?

Thanks for the help. :)

Yes, we did book on our own...... The dolphin swim now includes admission to the park...(yeah!)

Do you know if it's hard to get a taxi for the return to the pier at the park?

Thanks for the help. :)

We were at Chankanaab Park last week. Taxi's are the easiest and quickest way to the park. There are plenty of taxi's. You will have no problem getting one on return either. They are very nice at the entrance and will help you in any way. Believe me you can't get any greener than we were!

Chankanaab is great for the whole day! The palapas (thatch-roof shade) and lounge chairs are free. There are lockers available in the dolphin encounter area, if you don't want to carry everything around with you, and they're free. A couple of restaurants and snack bars. Lots of drinks available at reasonable prices. Snorkeling is very good, not the best we've seen, but good. Lots of fish and some small submerged statues. We were there in July and loved it! Finding a taxi the get there and another to return was really simple. In fact, they wait in a line at Chankanaab for people returning. The people in the park are also very friendly. Ask what the snorkeling is like at one of the equipment rental booths and they take out a photo album to show you! You'll love it!

Art

When are you going to Cozumel to do the Dolphin swim? That's one of the things we were looking into doing when we stop there on our cruise in December.

Chankanaab is great for the whole day! The palapas (thatch-roof shade) and lounge chairs are free. There are lockers available in the dolphin encounter area, if you don't want to carry everything around with you, and they're free. A couple of restaurants and snack bars. Lots of drinks available at reasonable prices. Snorkeling is very good, not the best we've seen, but good. Lots of fish and some small submerged statues. We were there in July and loved it! Finding a taxi the get there and another to return was really simple. In fact, they wait in a line at Chankanaab for people returning. The people in the park are also very friendly. Ask what the snorkeling is like at one of the equipment rental booths and they take out a photo album to show you! You'll love it!

Art

Thank you so much !!!!! This is exactly the news I was hoping to hear. I can't wait to go :)

When are you going to Cozumel to do the Dolphin swim? That's one of the things we were looking into doing when we stop there on our cruise in December.

We are going to be there on December the 5th. Coming in on the Navigator. :)

We were at Chankanaab Park last week. Taxi's are the easiest and quickest way to the park. There are plenty of taxi's. You will have no problem getting one on return either. They are very nice at the entrance and will help you in any way. Believe me you can't get any greener than we were!

What was the admission price to get in? Also how much did a taxi cost you?