Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

az lily

prinsendam

just returned from 2 weeks on the prinsendam.. un real!! was the best i have ever been on.. and my last 4 cruises included seabourn twice and silverseas once.

the cabin (s) was far superior to the other lines, flowers everywhere, great robes, moet and chandun, and the concierge was checking constantly that all was o.k., and our steward was very attentive.....room service was always on time and served HOT!(with rose)

the food was fine.. excellent beef and the lobster .. perfection. one ot two nights the selection was so-so.. but thats nitpicking. ...only negative,, the tours could be improved .. but everything else.. ..the attitude of all the personnel, room service, the wonderful fellow passengers.. all in all SUPERB!!!!

So excited to hear your report!!! When you have a chance, could you possibly let us know what ports you went to as we will be taking her to the Baltic next July. By chance did you get to glance at the cabins on the Promenade deck??? A few of us would really enjoy hearing your thoughts!!!! Thanks again for you report! :cool:

Hi!

We loved our cruise in May on the Prinsendam and can hardly wait to sail on her again. We had a SScabin on the Verandah deck and loved our location

We hope to make the May 9 transatlantic sailing on her next year. The itinerary is terrific.

Bes regards and happy sailing,

Carol Ann

Thank you for a nice review. Since my hubby and I will call the Prinsendam home for 112 nights beginning January 13, it's nice to know that the service was so good. Judging from the photos I've seen, the ship is beautiful throughout too. I'm really looking forward to that cruise!

slinkie

az lily - you refer to your cabin! That's such a nice change! Most posters seem to have traveled in suites.

We're thinking of a cabin on the Prinsendam - can you tell me your location please - we're thinking Outside Lower Prom deck.

az lily, did you have the cat. S suite? Which cabin number? We will be on Prinsendam in November in S001 and would love to hear about that category.

Thanks!

Thanks for the post. It's quite reassuring since we will board this ship in just 20 more days.

The Prinsendam is my favorite ship, and all I've seen of her so far is the video. Our docs and Prinsendam luggage tags are supposed to arrive this week. :)

Cactuslady, what video did you see? A friend's private video or something commercial? Available on the net? I'm looking for all informations available about Prinsendam, but unfortunately, there isn't that much... :-(

Marc

Hello Trustee55,

What was your cabin # ? We are booked in SS022 this November and would like to know your opinion of the category SS cabins on Prinsendam. It appears that the cabin that we have booked has a slightly larger balcony. Seems the ship juts out at the forward most cat SS cabins and they have a slightly larger veranda, Were you pleased with the veranda size, and what type of furnishings are on the veranda ? Did the cabin furnishings look worn ? Did the cabin seem open and spacious ? We tend to invite our tablemates or other nice people we meet on the ship to our cabin for meals, or drinks or just to lounge on the veranda.

Thank you ,

Rex

Brandis you will love the s suites we had cabin 009 from sydney to hong kong. (captain bos)the ss class is also superb, the veranda is wonderful (captain gunderson)we agree it is our favorite ship. we also will be on the world voyage.it is just like a family trip the passengers are the most friendly people.

Alsas, well see you on board. We leave from FLL for the full circle. We're really looking forward to the adventure.

Az Lily,

Thanks for the great report on the Prinsendam. We will be boarding her when Vegas Jim will be leaving on 3rd October, not long to go now.

We will be in a SS but from the sound of it you must have been in an S suite.

I would like to hear more about everything.

Jennie.

Cactuslady, what video did you see?
I don't know what she has ... but we received a mailing from HAL some months ago offering a promotional DVD of the Prinsendam. It isn't listed on HAL's website for some reason.

Cactuslady, what video did you see? A friend's private video or something commercial? Available on the net? I'm looking for all informations available about Prinsendam, but unfortunately, there isn't that much... :-(

Marc

It is a promotional video (DVD, I think) put out by HAL. Found it mentioned at the bottom of a back page of one of the cruise catalogs they put out. You can probably call HAL and get one.

Beware that a few shots show other ships, not the Prinsendam. :eek: For example, sometimes they show the forward deck at the bow of the Prinsendam, and sometimes it's an S class ship. It all gives you the general idea, though, and the other-ship shots are of things that I suppose are the same for all ships.

What was your cabin # ? We are booked in SS022 this November and would like to know your opinion of the category SS cabins on Prinsendam. It appears that the cabin that we have booked has a slightly larger balcony. Seems the ship juts out at the forward most cat SS cabins and they have a slightly larger veranda, Were you pleased with the veranda size, and what type of furnishings are on the veranda ? Did the cabin furnishings look worn ? Did the cabin seem open and spacious ? We tend to invite our tablemates or other nice people we meet on the ship to our cabin for meals, or drinks or just to lounge on the veranda.

Thank you ,

Rex

We are booked in SS022 (or is it SS024? When we get the docs in a day or two, I'll be reminded). Booked it because of the larger veranda. However, the photo of the Prinsendam that I keep as my PC wallpaper shows what looks like triangular supports for the "wing" extensions of the bridge (helpful for docking operations), just forward of the larger-veranda cabins. The triangles don't seem to show up on photos taken from other angles. So the view forward may be somewhat obstructed, I'm not sure. I'll report on it when we return from our 9/20 to 10/3 Mediterranean cruise, unless someone else knows the story. Try the Shipcafe web site for lots of Prinsendam photos. http://www.shipcafe.net/shipcafe/pr/prdm04.htm

Yes, shipcafe has some excellent photos. But I'm always looking for more... :-)

They probably don't ship those promotional DVDs outside the US, too bad. Oh well, it's only 68 more days and then I can see for myself.

Marc

Hi!

I answered your questions in an email last night, but I guess it got lost in cyberspace.

We LOVED our SS68 stateroom and our friends, who were in SS69 loved theirs as well. Comfortable beds, large balconies, superb service and excellent entertainment were enjoyed by all of us on this cruiseship. The layout is different than other HAL ships, but this uniqueness only underscores how elegant it is.

Our location at the end of the ship was just perfect: close to the elevators, one floor up to the Lido, and two floors down to the dining room. By the way, the meals in the Lido were better than any Lido meals we have had on eight other HAL ships.

We enjoyed the meals in the dining room and in the Pinnacle, on the one night we dined there.

I am sure you will be glad you booked your Prinsendam trip. Be sure to let us all know how you enjoy it.

Best regards,

Carol Ann

We are booked in SS022 (or is it SS024? When we get the docs in a day or two, I'll be reminded).

We danced around the docs last night, and it turns out to be SS024. I'll peek around the corner and see what the setup is on the SS022 veranda.

For those who used the self-service laundry on Prinsendam, do they have detergent available in the laundry? I would think so ... but just want to check.

Thanks so much for posting such nice comments about Prinsendam. We see so few reviews here of that ship. I always am happy to read about that ship. Welcome Back. Happy you were so pleased with your cruise.