Day Use Hotel P.V.

sueandkent

i'm a little confused...$25 for drinks plus $25 for lunch will give you a day at the beach with towels and water toys? The $45 day pass does not include food or drinks? Sorry...i'm a bit slow:rolleyes:

This is how it was explained to me by the Marival. You pay $45pp for the use of their facility for the hours of 10am to 6pm. It's just like you were a guest at the hotel except you need a separate pass to get drinks. That pass is $25 and is good for three hours. Now, the question is...is that drink pass per person or, if one person has the pass can they get drinks for the group or would that be like stealing? It's not really a problem for us as DH doesn't drink so we'll buy one pass and take some soda for him with us. It is a great beach though and a wonderful hotel. We're only doing the $25 half day as we've also booked Massages at the Krystal for a great rate. No word back from the Marival on their spa so we have stuck with our bookings from the Krystal.

This is how it was explained to me by the Marival. You pay $45pp for the use of their facility for the hours of 10am to 6pm. It's just like you were a guest at the hotel except you need a separate pass to get drinks. That pass is $25 and is good for three hours. Now, the question is...is that drink pass per person or, if one person has the pass can they get drinks for the group or would that be like stealing? It's not really a problem for us as DH doesn't drink so we'll buy one pass and take some soda for him with us. It is a great beach though and a wonderful hotel. We're only doing the $25 half day as we've also booked Massages at the Krystal for a great rate. No word back from the Marival on their spa so we have stuck with our bookings from the Krystal.

Thank you!:)

I have to tell you, $45 for the pass and then extra for the drinks is a lot of money.

We were just in Cozumel and paid $35 for a day pass that included food and all you can drink, full use of the facilities and snorkeling equipment.

Doesn't RCCL have an excursion with a day pass that is cheaper than this?

Princess' is $69pp with an open bar. The nice thing about the Marival is you can break up the day and only pay for part of it if you are planning on doing other things. We're doing the afternoon pass for $25pp. That's not too bad.

I thought the 25.00 was just for food...does it also pay for towels and access? :confused:

Your $25 is for full use of their hotel facility (towels, water toys, food) for the hours of noon to 5pm. For an additional $25 you can buy a 3 hour drink pass for alcohol and soda. You could always bring your own soda if you don't want to pay for drinks.

Your $25 is for full use of their hotel facility (towels, water toys, food) for the hours of noon to 5pm. For an additional $25 you can buy a 3 hour drink pass for alcohol and soda. You could always bring your own soda if you don't want to pay for drinks.

thank you sue...or kent:D

arry !!

Don't worry, our day pass included drinks and luch, is "all inclusive"

as

the rest of our packages.

Hope to see you soon !!

Paulina Gallardo

Concierge

Marival Resort &Suites

Phone: ++ 52 (322) 226-8200 Ext. 4465 or 4460

Direct phone: ++52 (322) 2269602

Fax: ++ 52 (322) 29-70262

E-Mail: guestservices

arry !!

Don't worry, our day pass included drinks and luch, is "all inclusive"

as

the rest of our packages.

Hope to see you soon !!

Paulina Gallardo

Concierge

Marival Resort &Suites

Phone: ++ 52 (322) 226-8200 Ext. 4465 or 4460

Direct phone: ++52 (322) 2269602

Fax: ++ 52 (322) 29-70262

E-Mail: guestservices

I stand corrected. I too emailed Paulina just to make sure we got the same answer twice as some of their previous info has been a tad confusing. The $25 or $45, depending on what times you want to be at the resort, definitely do include food and drinks. That's a bit more reasonable than looking at an additional $25 for alcohol.

Below is what Paulina had to say:

The 45 usd is an "all inclusive" package, pools, restaurants, bars, everything is included (but spa and boutiques), you don't have to pay extra money for drinks or meals. Also, the lunch pass for 25 usd includes drinks (alcoholic or not).

Kindest regards,

Paulina Gallardo

Concierge

Marival Resort &Suites

We'll be looking forward to our day at the Marival.

Sue

Please post all of your opinions of this resort. We are going for the third time to the Mex Riv and want something different to do. I'm done with shopping and walking around looking at churches and adobes, etc. Not into adventure sports like ziplining, parasailing, horses. Would there be whale watching in March?

Please post all of your opinions of this resort. We are going for the third time to the Mex Riv and want something different to do. I'm done with shopping and walking around looking at churches and adobes, etc. Not into adventure sports like ziplining, parasailing, horses. Would there be whale watching in March?

We were there at the very beginning of March this year and we saw whales. I hear March is the end of whale season so I would have to guess it would depend on when in March you're going. You could always email a tour operator, they would be able to tell you if they're still doing tours when you'll be there.

We'll post a review of the Marival when we return in Nov.

We've used the Westin and the Nikki Beach Bar there. They wanted $25.00 per person, which then gave you a credit for food/drink of the same $25.00. We explained we just wanted to be there for an hour or two, and that we'd promise to keep a drink in hand and tip well. They smiled and didn't have a problem with that.

They have some nice raised platforms that are padded and have big pillows for relaxing. Add towels, showers, and a pool area, and the freshwater part is taken care of quite well. The beach isn't large, though smooth and warm water - with watersport vendors right there offering snorkel trips, waverunners, banana boat rides and parasailing. So, if you want to be active or relax, they have it covered.

There is also a marina across the street from the hotel which offers many bars, restaurants and people watching. It also has the same Milennium Massage outfit (Marina vs. Krystal) that offers great prices.

Westin is about a $5 cab ride. If you dock, look across the marina area to the tan buildings with bright window boxes - that's the Westin. Very nice property.

We've used the Westin and the Nikki Beach Bar there. They wanted $25.00 per person, which then gave you a credit for food/drink of the same $25.00. We explained we just wanted to be there for an hour or two, and that we'd promise to keep a drink in hand and tip well. They smiled and didn't have a problem with that.

They have some nice raised platforms that are padded and have big pillows for relaxing. Add towels, showers, and a pool area, and the freshwater part is taken care of quite well. The beach isn't large, though smooth and warm water - with watersport vendors right there offering snorkel trips, waverunners, banana boat rides and parasailing. So, if you want to be active or relax, they have it covered.

There is also a marina across the street from the hotel which offers many bars, restaurants and people watching. It also has the same Milennium Massage outfit (Marina vs. Krystal) that offers great prices.

Westin is about a $5 cab ride. If you dock, look across the marina area to the tan buildings with bright window boxes - that's the Westin. Very nice property.

We went to Nikki Beach on our last cruise in April of '07. It was one of the nicest days we spent on the cruise. The people were very friendly and didn't push you to buy extra drinks or food. We stayed there all day for $25 worth of food (really good food) and drinks. The DH and DS rented jet skis and parasailed on the beach while I, swam in the pool, kicked back on the cushioned platform and had some wine coolers, great food, and listened to some really great Euro dance music. It was a wonderful day for the whole family!:D I hight recommend Nikki Beach. You will definitely get your $25 worth, and then some!

We loved Nikki Beach. The DH, DS (11), and I spent a really great day there for only $25 worth of food and drink. The wait staff is very friendy and did not push us to buy anything. They were great! The DH and DS rented jet skis and parasailed on the beach while I swam in the hotel pool, kicked back with some wine coolers on the platform, ate some great food, and listened to some really great Euro dance music. All in all we got more than $25 worth. It was one of our favorite days on the cruise! You don't pay up front. You just pay as you eat and drink up to $25 ea. The food was great, especially dessert! They provide you with beach towels so you don't have to drag any with you. I highly recommend Nikki Beach!

Yes, as it was explained to me you get everything you would get if you were staying at the resort. These resorts all have towels, water toys etc. Now, you'd have to pay for waverunners and other watercraft as such.

We're going to give it a try. We've been by this resort before while on land based vacations so I'd love to see it.

You mentioned there is an additional charge for wave runners and such. Do they have them right by the Marival? If so, do you know how much they were?

Thanks

You mentioned there is an additional charge for wave runners and such. Do they have them right by the Marival? If so, do you know how much they were?

Thanks

Pretty much all of the beaches in the PV and Nuevo area have guys offering rentals of waverunners, parasailing etc. They are independant of the resorts. Just guys on the beach really. We haven't priced Waverunners in PV but we have in Cabo. In Cabo they are $45 per half hour or $80 per hour. I would expect PV to be similar. You can always try to negociate price of course however how successful you will be will depend on how busy they are that day.

Archived