Parking at La Porte (Houston) hotel!

mt4463

Hi! My family and I will be taking the Norwegian Seas out of Houston in a couple of weeks. I would like to stay in one of the hotels at La Porte (maybe La Quinta or Comfort Suites) so we can go over to Kemah Boardwalk on Friday evening. These hotels allow you to park your car there for the week and take a taxi/shuttle to the port. They charge $49 to park at the port, so a room is around $10 more. My husband is REALLY concerned about leaving our nice car in a hotel parking vs. parking at the port. But if we park at port, we will be driving straight from home and won't stay overnight. Any advice whether we should park at hotel vs. port (i.e., security issues, etc.). If anyone has had a bad experience, please let me know.

Many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the LaQuinta in LaPorte this past June for our second cruise on the NCL Sea and did the Kemah Boardwalk the night before also. We live in the North Texas area around Dallas and drove down 2 nights before (we were ready to go). I didn't realize that you could park your car and leave it at the hotel. The hotel does not have secured parking if this is a concern for you. We parked our car at the port as we had done years before for the $49.00 and never worried about it. Very secure parking. The cruise port is a very (very) short distance from the hotel. We bid on priceline and got the LaQuinta for 60.00 per night (June is the high time of the year).

I just stayed at the La Quinta in La Porte (I live in The Woodlands,but was going to a family reunion there and didnt want to have to drive back that night) and I felt it was safe enough,but it does not have secure parking.If you do park there,I think if I were to leave my car unattented for more than 2 days,I would park closer to the office.Personally,when I went out of Galveston last Sept,we parked in one of the covered lots closer to the dock.

Archived