Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SouthPhillyMichele

Grandeur of the Seas Review Returned 8/29 part one

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]Hey Everyone...:) [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo][/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]Here is my review of the Grandeur of the Seas. [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo][/color][/font][/size][/color]

[size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo][color=black]Sunday we drove to the pier in [/color][color=black]Baltimore[/color][color=black]. This is very easy. Once you drive up to the guard they ask to see your tickets, after verification you are allowed to proceed forward. There are plenty of people/workers directing you to the ship. They will stop and ask you "Are you leaving the Ship or are you boarding the Ship"? Once you have been directed to the ship, your car in unloaded by a "Long Shore Man" You are then asked to park your car. A shuttle was there to pick up hubby and bring him back to me at the ship. (I waited with the carry on's). [/color][/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo][color=black]Boarding was VERY VERY easy. We walked right through, showed our passports, tickets and then received our [/color][color=black]Sea[/color][color=black]Pass.[/color][color=black].. After we were then directed to get a picture, asked to see our Sea Pass & ID one more time and the was allowed on the ship.[/color][/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo][color=black]We got on the ship at [/color][color=black]12:30[/color][color=black]. Our room was ready! [/color][/color][/font][/size]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]Hubby and I went to the Windjammer and had lunch (which was very good)... [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]First day at Sea was nice. There were lots of Activates for you to do. We pretty much wanted to take everything in so we walked around the ship a few times... [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]The ship is very beautiful. It did not seem crowded considering there were SO MANY PEOPLE on this ship. Beautiful Pictures, Glass Windows every where and the waiters are very very nice. [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]I would have to say the ship does need to be "Dried Docked" for an upgrade, which I pretty sure the captain said that this was going to happen soon. It was a little worn, BUT on the same note, the crew members did a great job keeping it clean. [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]The dinners were really good... We had everything from seafood to duck. Our waiter was so funny. I gave him a nick name (Giggles)... All he did was Laugh! [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]We had a port hole cabin on the 2nd floor. At first I was like "Oh MY, how am I going to fit all of my clothes in this tiny room" BUT, RCI did a great job of make space. "You'll See what I mean" The life jackets are on the bed and a muster drill is done ASAP. (I forget the time)... What bothered me about the muster drill is that No One was taking it seriously. The kids were blowing the whistles on the jacket and the parents were not saying any thing to them. I finally had to tell the parent that this should be taken very seriously, and with all 5 of her kids blowing the whistles I can not hear the instructor! Well, she told them to stop.. LOL (BOY OH BOY) [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]Okay back to the room... We had a king size bed. It was very clean. The bathroom was very very small and the shower needed some TLC. Our Room Attended was very good. He came in every day with fresh towels and then at night to turn down our bed and also brought more fresh towels. The room attended also kept the room very clean. :)[/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]Monday second day at sea... I was not feeling to well so I did miss the MEET AND MINGLE. SORRY GUYS! By night, I was a little better so hubby and I just went and ate... [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo][color=black]The shows are GREAT! We seen a magic show, piano show, [/color][color=black]USA[/color][color=black] world metal Gymnasts show, Captains Q&A, etc.. I can go on and on.. Don't miss the shows, you will miss out! [/color][/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo][color=black]Tuesday we arrived at [/color][color=black]Freeport[/color][color=black]. Tuesday morning around [/color][color=black]1AM[/color][color=black] we hit a lighting storm. The captain went around it so it only lasted 20 minutes. Some people on the ship didn't even know we had one... OH BUT I DID! lol Hubby and I did an excursion... We had fun... Our bus driver was very nice and cracked jokes the whole time. The bus was air conditioned and the tour was nice. We went to a straw market; there Hubby and I went into the perfume factory. He got after shave called "SAND" and I got Perfume called "Island Promises"... All of the products are made at the perfume factory and they are under $20.00 us dollars. They take you on a little factory tour, and then they give you samples.. It was cool..[/color][/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo][color=black]We walked around the straw market some more then we headed to the next stop, the MARKET PLACE in [/color][color=black]Freeport[/color][color=black]... There were a lot of little store and places to eat. It was not that bad. I kept an open mind and walked around. The people at the [/color][color=black]Bahamas[/color][color=black] were very nice. Of course they ALL wanted to braid my hair! I wanted to hold up a sign that said NO BRAIDS![/color][/color][/font][/size]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]We then went to the beach. The water was so pretty BUT, the beach was very dirty... The people did not keep it... The sand was dirty all along the shore (soda cans, cig butts, wrappers, seaweed) I'm surprised they didn't have someone raking the edge of the waters... Oh well... [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo][color=black]So that was [/color][color=black]Freeport[/color][color=black]... We made the best of it... Very [/color][color=black]Poor[/color][color=black]Island[/color][color=black], with a lot of nice people![/color][/color][/font][/size]

[color=black][size=3][font=Century Gothic][color=indigo]see Part two[/color][/font][/size][/color]